“Needs some work!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs
Vestavia Hills, Alabama
“Needs some work!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

I stayed at this hotel the night before my cruise and had no problems. The day I got back from my cruise was a different story. After waiting for over and hour and a half for our prepaid transport back to the hotel from the port, which never showed, we were hot and not happy at all. I had made reservations for both of my stays 2 months prior and had confirmation numbers for both. They had no record of my last stay. I will say that Catherine at the front desk was very sweet and helpful. Although we were too early for check in she found us a room and gave it to me at a discounted rate. She also helped get me in contact with the manager of the transport company to get my money back. Now lets move on. When we get to the room it is HOT!!! The air was running so I thought maybe since we were early it had jut been turned on........and hour later it was still 91 degrees in our room. The AC unit was very dilapidated and wasn't even completely attached to the wall. I went back to Catherine and again she was very sweet and helpful. So an hour later they installed a working unit. Later that afternoon I went to the front desk to get some washcloths none were available and never got any. When I went back to the room the toilet was stopped up so I went to use the phone to call the front desk but the phone did not work. If it wasn't for Catherine I would have not rated this hotel as high as I did. The property needs to be updated because even though we got a "new" ac unit our room was not completely cooled off until the next morning!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Joseph K, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Miami Airport North, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear Jackie929,
Thank you very much for the review you posted on TripAdvisor describing your time with us at the Days Inn Miami Airport North. I am sorry to hear about the troubles you had with trying to get back to our hotel after your cruise. I am so happy though that Catherine was able to assist in any way necessary and that she was able to make your stay a pleasant one. I see every day the amazing attitude that Catherine brings to work, and she will be so happy to know that her efforts are being recognized by our guests. Thank you so much again for your review, and we look forward to your next stay with us.
Director.customerservices@gmail.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Finnish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

Arrived here after a 24 hour international flight, weary & jet-lagged. Check-in was really fast. Gave me a first floor room on my request, since I did not have the energy to lift a heavy bag up the stairs. Very clean room, comfortable bed, slept like a baby. Restaurant & bar on premise. Cozy stay, beyond what I expected & paid.

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Sanjay K
Dear Sanjay K,
Thank you very much for posting a review on TripAdvisor describing your time with us at the Days Inn Miami Airport North. I am extremely happy to hear that our staff was able to make your check in process quick and easy. Traveling can be very mentally and physically draining, and we do our best to make our guests feel welcome and comfortable. I am also happy to read that our front desk was able to honor your request of a first floor room, and that you found your accommodations to be clean and comfortable. Thank you again very much for this review, and we look forward to your next stay with us!
Orland Park, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

While staying at this hotel this evening, I turned on the bathroom light only to find bugs all over all of the towels. The front desk staff Who checked us in was less than hospitable. Other guests were peeping in the windows when walking by. This is about a 1 star hotel as far as I can see. The worst. This was found on Travelocity. Horrible!!!

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank deedy815
Dear deedy815,
Thank you for the review you posted on TripAdvisor describing your time with us at the Days Inn Miami Airport North. I am sorry to hear about the experience you had when staying at our hotel. We value all of our guest feedback, because it helps us learn from our mistakes, and it tells us to continue what we are doing right. Our main objective is customer satisfaction, and it seems we did not do that in your case. I will inform our department managers of your comments, so we can take care of these issues. Thank you again for taking the time out of your day to post this review.
Phillips, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I had to stay overnight in Miami between flights and I stayed at the days Inn. I read all the reviews and some people were really negative,so i was a bit worried. The room was big enough,the bed was comfortable,the bathroom was clean,the towels as well and i think the hotel served its purpose for people that is staying there for a short period of time. I think it could be better, like changing the carpets that are really old and the rooms should be cleaned through,I am a clean freak and I saw lots of dust in the areas that hadn't been cleaned properly.
My only complain was the way staff talks on the phone. They are not pleasant at all. I called before getting there to ask for more information and the lady that answered the phone was a bit rude.The phone in the room wasn't working so I called to the reception from my cell and the gentleman that answered the phone hang up on me 2 times. I think the hotel location is good but they need to improve their customer service for sure. Overall it was good and I would go back there for sure.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 stars
Joseph K, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Miami Airport North, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear Bellisima2014,
Thank you very much for your review of the Days Inn Miami Airport North on TripAdvisor. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time here at our hotel. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations and found your bed to be very comfortable. I will be sure to pass along your comments in regards to the things we can change, to the appropriate department managers. We value all of our guest feedback, and I thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. Thank you again for taking the time to post this review.
Birch Run, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

We booked our reservation as a park-n-fly and we got to the hotel they claimed they didn't have it as such and charged us $18 per day parking. They couldn't tell us the rate for park-n-fly and said we had to go online, however, online reservations didn't have the rates, only the hotel had them. They refused to do anything about it.

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you want to park-n-fly
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
BEST WESTERN PLUS Miami Airport North Hotel & Suites
Ramada Miami Springs/Miami International Airport
Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs
Clarion Inn  & Suites Miami Airport

Been to Days Inn Miami Airport North? Share your experiences!