“Great budget hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs
Chicago
“Great budget hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

It's an older place that was clean and comfortable. I would stay again for sure. If you want fancy, it isn't your place, but it was perfect for me. Also...free wifi, free shuttle from airport, and free shuttle to cruise terminal....all included in the budget price. And, my bed was very comfortable unlike other budget places I have been.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

1 Thank Robert C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Finnish first
Humboldt, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Sometimes reading reviews on places, I think "it can't be that bad", as I've stayed in various locations and hotels. Though this place IS BAD!! The rooms we smelly, the bathrooms were dirty and you felt gross in them. We had some food sitting on the dresser, came back a bit later and there were bugs in it!! We also found 2 bugs crawling up the dresser in another area at a different time. It is truly worth the extra money to stay elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Seward, Alaska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

The rooms were not that great but acceptable. Hairs in my shower the first time. I stayed here two different nights. Both times the internet service was poor to non existent! My complaints resulted in a promise that my third stay in the next week would guarantee I was in a room near a router for internet service. Hey, thanks, but that doesn't make up for the two nights I didn't have it, or it was basically worthless!!!! Would have cancelled my last reservation, but it was non-refundable.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel!!!!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Fenton, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

First, let me say that there must be, and for the sake of travelers everywhere, I hope that there are better rooms on this property. My wife and I stayed in the 100 room number "out building" (the connotation is accurate), which is separate from the main facility. I have rarely encountered such a disgusting excuse for a place that human beings are expected to stay, other than in third world countries. I can only guess that this was a condemned property, which Days Inn brought up to code at the barest minimal level. The first sign of trouble was, when I flipped on the light switch, but nothing happened. I tried the two nightstand lamps, with negative results. I finally made my way to the stand-up lamp, and was then able to see how filthy this room really was. Worn and stained carpet, with the added touch of being soaking wet in front of the air conditioner. Beat up and worn out furnishings were accentuated by an outdated CRT screen TV, which had few choices and bad reception. The only advantage in the room being so tiny was that there was less stained and patched walls and ceilings to view. I was too tired to inspect the miniature queen bed, but it did not look freshly cleaned or made. As a final touch, you risk electrocution from the frayed cord, by trying to set the alarm clock. In the bathroom, you are greeted with makeshift towel bars, dripping faucet and a bathtub that I wouldn't wash my dog in. Walls have been patched and painted so many times that it looks like stucco. Dragging ourselves to the restaurant, we were informed that nothing involving bread was available. We trudged a quarter mile to a McDonalds and ate there, rather than bringing food back to our room for possible contamination. I was not at all suprised that, upon checking out, I was not asked if I enjoyed my stay
I'm not going to bother with the pros and cons. There are no pros.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

We initially chose this hotel for its proximity to the airport, and reasonable rates (~$100/nt). Upon arrival, it is clear this is an older hotel that was renovated 10-15 years ago. Rooms are on the small side especially if you have two double beds in them. No fridges in rooms and our toilet wouldn't drain on three occasions. No 'stoppers' for tub so no baths (none available from staff). We had a coffee maker in our room but when we went to use it on day two, found a dried used coffee filter in the machine. Staff is friendly and pool area/ grounds are clean. Beds are comfortable and clean. Surprisingly, you don't hear that much airline noise in your room for being on the northern edge of a runway but, when sitting by pool, you definitely do. Attached restaurant/lounge is not properly staffed and waits for food/drinks is long. Fortunately a walk of 3 mins down the street gets you to 4 restaurants including a Subway and McDonalds for quick food. Two of the couples in our group that stayed here also had their Credit Cards scammed for several hundred dollars of purchases the next day. Coincidence? I'll let you judge.
All in all, a definite NO to recommending this place

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Joseph K, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Miami Airport North, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear George1484.
Thank you for writing a review in regards to your stay at the Days Inn Miami Airport North on TripAdvisor. Your comments are being taken very seriously, and I can assure you that we are doing everything we can to fix these problems. I am glad you found our front desk to be nice and accommodating. Our pool area is a lovely, open air area that is great for relaxing and taking in the South Florida sun. Our close proximity restaurants in the area give our guests a place to eat outside of the hotel without having to take a taxi or any other mode of transportation. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback from your stay.
Joseph Katz

BEST WESTERN PLUS Miami Airport North Hotel & Suites
Ramada Miami Springs/Miami International Airport
Clarion Inn  & Suites Miami Airport
Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs

Been to Days Inn Miami Airport North? Share your experiences!