“Credit card fraud, yes” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs
Lethbridge, Canada
“Credit card fraud, yes”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

We were also lucky enough to stay here and have our credit card compromised. Our card was declined when we tried to use it again after our stay there. Unpon checking with the credit card company, there were fraudulent charges over $1500. The room itself was in need of major upgrade and the bathroom fixtures were need of repair plus there was no hot water.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Finnish first
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I have read a few other reviews about having fraudulent activity reported by credit card companies after staying here. Normally I would just assume that these were people just trolling this site with intentional derogatory things, but I had the same thing happen to me this month. A few days after staying here, my card was declined and I called Visa and was informed of suspicious purchase attempts in Miami and nearby. One for under $25 at a McDonalds and another at a Walgreens for just over $5, neither of which we had made. I can only say that I would recommend that you not stay here for just this reason.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Eden
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

We chose this hotel because of price and location. Airport pickup was average, check in average. Rooms were very small and dated. I couldn't get the bathroom door to latch and never did get hot water to the bathroom sink though the shower worked OK. There are no elevators. The closest restaurant was IHOP about three blocks away. There is a Subway closer and a sandwich shop in the hotel.
We would probably stay again for one night as they provide free shuttle to the port shich is about $30 via cab.

Room Tip: Book early as they appear to fill their rooms
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank Dennis K
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I wished I would have read reviews before staying. A week after using credit card at this place my credit card company fraud division advised of two attempted purchases I didn't make-at a Best Buy and a Cafe in Miami!! This hotel was the only time the card was used in Miami, and I was no where near it when they attempted to use my card. Also, the hotel was not clean and in a bad area. It was a last minute late-night stuck at the airport stay and I saw the ad for this place AT the airport near baggage claim. It advertised a free shuttle. Stay away. I saw someone else had this issue with them.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami Springs
Sleep Inn at Miami International Airport
Comfort Suites Miami Airport North
BEST WESTERN PLUS Miami Airport North Hotel & Suites
Ramada Miami Springs/Miami International Airport
Clarion Inn  & Suites Miami Airport
Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs

Been to Days Inn Miami Airport North? Share your experiences!