“Lots of TLC Needed!”

Days Inn Miami Airport North
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Miami Springs
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel over night upon our arrival before our cruise. The hotel employees were very friendly. However, I can't say anything good for the hotel. The first thing my husband said when he walked into our room after looking around was "Well, at least it's only one night". The room wasn't clean and the whole hotel had a musty smell. There was mold in between the tiles in the shower that reminded me of something you would see in a horror film. Our room was on the corner back of the building by the parking lot. At 11pm, we could hear people outside talking as if they were right outside our window. When we first arrived we just dropped our luggage in our room and went to meet a local family member for dinner. We returned and had drinks in the lounge. I think we were the only customers in there that were not locals. The lounge area was ok. When we finally went to retire in our room, we turned on the TV and nothing. My husband tried to change inputs and everything on the TV. Nothing. I called the front desk and they sent someone from maintanence. The maintanence guy went through the smae things my hisband already had done. Still nothing. The maintanence guy then said you'll have to call the front desk for a refund. He didn't check any cables, connectors or anything else. I called the front desk and asked for another room and was told that there were negative 1 rooms available that I would have to talk to a manager in the morning for compensation. When I checked out, my room ended up being only $10 cheaper then it would have been if I had paid full price. I really needed the TV to get to sleep with. My husband and I have decided we will not be staying at this hotel again. As a final FYI, this hotel is franchised and not owned by Day's Inn. I would think, however, if their name was affiliated with a hotel, that they would insure that they would have the accomadations to give their name a good word.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (2,005)

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Reviewed February 17, 2013

After booking this hotel I read some reviews and that scared us all a bit. Because we couldn't cancel anymore, we had to go and expected the worst.
However, after arriving we got 2 rooms assigned (316 & 317) and although a little worn down they at least looked clean and were comfortable.

Given what you can expect at a Days Inn and comparable hotels, it was a pleasant stay after all.

So I cannot agree with the horror stories written here before us.

Dutch travellers

Room Tip: Rooms 316 (bit more space compared to the other one) and 317 are ok.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank the_Dutch_observer
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We booked this for a one night stay before a cruise. I found it through Wyndham Rewards. We arrived after 11pm. Waited an hour for the free shuttle. Loud live music in the lounge shook the building. The carpet in the hallway was grundgy; no elevator. We reserved a non-smoking room and was given a smoking room right above the lounge. Could not hear each other talk and the room stunk. We did not do more than enter the room. I went to the front desk to ask for a non-smoking room away from the lounge. The hotel was full and nothing else was available. I then asked to be moved to a "sister" hotel or find me another place to stay. The gal at the front desk was nice and tried her best to help us and field other complaining guests After some time, they arranged for us to go to another place--"Runway" around the corner. We were taken there by their shuttle. . By the time we could put our bags down it was 1am. The next morning I cancelled our other reservations for our after-the-cruise Miami stay.

Room Tip: It seems they have another building in the back that may not be so bad but I didn't see it.
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami Springs
Sleep Inn at Miami International Airport
Clarion Inn  & Suites Miami Airport
Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airp...
#11 of 16 in Miami Springs
0 mi away
Comfort Suites Miami Airport North
Best Western Plus Miami Airport North Hotel & Suites
Ramada Miami Springs/Miami International Airport

Been to Days Inn Miami Airport North? Share your experiences!