“Wouldn't stay again” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Miami Airport North

Days Inn Miami Airport North
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Finnish first
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

There are 2 Days Inns at DFW, so make sure you tell the taxi to go to the correct one. The names should be different but are not. The addresses are different as are the phone numbers.

My reservation was not in the system when I arrived, so I may still have an adventure as to the billing.

The hotel was what we paid for. 5-6 restaurants within walking distance and a bar and coffee shop on premises.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
      Cleanliness
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Douglas A
Fredericton Junction
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Stayed 2 nights here during a cruise we took from Miami. We selected the motel because of the Days Inn name as well as the fact they provided free shuttle to and from the airport as well as to the port. Our first night we stayed in 610- large room but very dated. The bathroom left much to be desired. The toilet was loose and we always felt like it was going to tip over. TV only showed about 8 of the 25 channels that were suppose to be available. The second night we stayed in 510- the carpets were so dirty that our soles of our feet were literally black! I washed my feet and within minutes they were black again. Absolutely disgusting. My feet actually felt like they were burning. The bathroom wasn't vented and the tub was awful. The AC was falling off the wall. One bed had bad springs on one side. The only thing that worked was the TV and it had 25 stations-- all worked unlike in 610! I am expecting a call from the general manager as I feel that the carpets are totally unsafe. I expressed my concerns to the front desk staff and filled out a detailed form. I also sent a detailed email to the manager. I paid 120.00 for the room and want my money back along with an apology and an assurance that something will be done to remedy the situation. I also plan to look into contacting some sort of Public health official in the Miami area. The Motel has major issues like mold, run down rooms, and a general "dirty" feel. It should be looked at seriously and either brought up to code or closed. That is my feel on it anyway

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

David P, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Miami Airport North, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear James H,
Thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet expectations. I was disappointed to read from your review that you had some issues at our hotel including problems with the carpet in your room. I can assure you that our main priority is for our guest to have an exceptional stay with us and we will do everything we need to do to ensure that these issues are corrected. In fact I have already spoken to our maintenance and housekeeping crew regarding your comments. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience and I will keep your review in mind. Thank you again for your feedback and I invite you back to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to the area.
Warmest Regards,
David Preston
Director of Customer Service
Director.customerservices@gmail.com
Middleboro
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Stayed here on 2/7/2013. It has got to be the dirtiest place I've ever stayed! Thankfully it was only one night but my friends and I slept with the light on all night (what little sleep we got) in hopes of keeping an bugs at bay. Mold in the bathroom walls & ceiling, stains on the chairs and carpet, big holes that had been poorly patched, long black hair on the bathroom wall... If it hadn't been so late with a terribly early flight out, we would have left. Slept in our clothes with the lights on. They should have paid us to stay!

Room Tip: Select another hotel
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear HilaryWood,
Thank you for your recent review of Days Inn Miami Airport North on Trip Advisor. I am very sorry that you had this kind of experience with our hotel. My team takes a lot of pride keeping our hotel up to our guest’s expectations. I am very sorry that your experience was not up to par. I assure you that we take cleanliness very seriously and we have addressed this issue so that no other guests have this type of problem in the future. Every last detail matters to our guests and we do our best to exceed those expectations. Thank you again and if given another try I am sure we could provide the accommodations you were expecting.
Warmest Regards,
BEST WESTERN PLUS Miami Airport North Hotel & Suites
Ramada Miami Springs/Miami International Airport
Clarion Inn  & Suites Miami Airport
Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs

Been to Days Inn Miami Airport North? Share your experiences!