“Arrived to find reservation was cancelled an hour before...”

Days Inn Miami Airport North
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Miami Springs
Reviewed January 20, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Miami Airport North

Reviewed January 13, 2013

We were catching a cruise out of port of Miami on Saturday, January 5th so we needed a hotel for the night as we were flying in early. When I was looking for a hotel I saw that this hotel had a "snooze and cruise" option and I looked at their website and the hotel looked decent and the rate was good. Boy did I pick the wrong place. They first put us in a room above the bar. The room stunk of smoke so bad and the booming base was so loud we immediately asked to move. We were moved to a room out behind the hotel. There are no elevators in this place. We had to drag our heavy suitcases up a flight of stairs. The room was filty and old and stunk of stale smoke. The bathroom was small, the towel a mere thin piece of cloth. To turn on the sink it would hit the top of a soal tray. I was afraid of bed bugs and I told my granddaughter to not walk on the carpet without flip flops. The tv was an old square thing with a greenish tint. Awful place, awful experience.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
David P, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Miami Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Dear DebbieMc1960,

Thank you for your recent review of Days Inn Miami Airport North on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know about your stay. I sincerely apologize that your stay on this occasion was a disappointing one. We pride ourselves on extending the best quality of service to all of our guests. We will certainly look into the inconveniences you experienced and take corrective measures to make sure such lapses do not repeat themselves. Thank you again and I am sure if given another try we could exceed your expectations.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed January 10, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Daniel B

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Had four rooms booked here through Expedia. Had confirmation number- thought my credit card had already been billed. Between my booking in June and our stay in January, my credit card was stolen and replaced. On the day of our stay, the hotel ran the card charge on the old card and the card was denied, so they just canceled all four rooms and gave them to other parties. They had my phone number and email address, but made no attempt to contact me. We arrived around 9PM to find we had no room for the 13 guest expected and were faced with a high "No vacancy" rate in the area. All they had to do was call or email and let me know and I could have given the new card number.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear BethGville,

Thank you for taking the time and writing a review on Trip Advisor about your experiences at our hotel. We here at Days Inn Miami Airport North love seeing guests responses posted online. I would like to take the time and apologize about the miscommunication that caused your reservations to be cancelled. When a guest uses an invalid credit card to reserve a room we do a courtesy hold on the reservation until 6pm. Unfortunately in your case you did not arrive until 9pm. I am sorry no attempt was make to reach out to you about getting another credit card. I will review our policies and make sure the front desk calls about invalid credit cards holding reservations to ensure this does not happen again. Thank you for bring this to my attention. I am sure if given another chance we could exceed your expectations.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Don´t try to walk on the dark green carpet bare foot, your feet will get black!!
I had stayed at other Days inns, but this one is more than terrible.
Rooms stink and small cockroaches walk on the walls, on the air conditioner (which us old and very noisy). Hair dryer was dead.
Don´t go, unless you don´t mind what I have just wrote!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear Anac1964,

Reviewed January 6, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami Springs
Ramada Miami Springs/Miami International Airport
Comfort Suites Miami Airport North
Clarion Inn  & Suites Miami Airport
Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airp...
#10 of 16 in Miami Springs
Best Western Plus Miami Airport North Hotel & Suites
Sleep Inn at Miami International Airport
Regency Hotel Miami
Regency Hotel Miami
#38 of 124 in Miami

Been to Days Inn Miami Airport North? Share your experiences!