New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“could have been better” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Miami Airport North

Days Inn Miami Airport North
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Finnish first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Had four rooms booked here through Expedia. Had confirmation number- thought my credit card had already been billed. Between my booking in June and our stay in January, my credit card was stolen and replaced. On the day of our stay, the hotel ran the card charge on the old card and the card was denied, so they just canceled all four rooms and gave them to other parties. They had my phone number and email address, but made no attempt to contact me. We arrived around 9PM to find we had no room for the 13 guest expected and were faced with a high "No vacancy" rate in the area. All they had to do was call or email and let me know and I could have given the new card number.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
David P, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Miami Airport North, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear BethGville,

Thank you for taking the time and writing a review on Trip Advisor about your experiences at our hotel. We here at Days Inn Miami Airport North love seeing guests responses posted online. I would like to take the time and apologize about the miscommunication that caused your reservations to be cancelled. When a guest uses an invalid credit card to reserve a room we do a courtesy hold on the reservation until 6pm. Unfortunately in your case you did not arrive until 9pm. I am sorry no attempt was make to reach out to you about getting another credit card. I will review our policies and make sure the front desk calls about invalid credit cards holding reservations to ensure this does not happen again. Thank you for bring this to my attention. I am sure if given another chance we could exceed your expectations.

Rosario, Argentina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Don´t try to walk on the dark green carpet bare foot, your feet will get black!!
I had stayed at other Days inns, but this one is more than terrible.
Rooms stink and small cockroaches walk on the walls, on the air conditioner (which us old and very noisy). Hair dryer was dead.
Don´t go, unless you don´t mind what I have just wrote!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
Dear Anac1964,

Thank you for your recent review of Days Inn Miami Airport North on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know about your stay. I sincerely apologize that your stay on this occasion was a disappointing one. We pride ourselves on extending the best quality of service to all of our guests. We will certainly look into the inconveniences you experienced and take corrective measures to make sure such lapses do not repeat themselves. Thank you again and I am sure if given another try we could exceed your expectations.

Sao Paulo, SP
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

Dont try it! Rooms aren't clean, reception NOT is trustful. Don't try to receive packages, you could stay without it. The rooms don't smell good. Extremely BAD experience! Don't try it, even for one night!

• Stayed January 2013

Ramada Miami Springs/Miami International Airport
BEST WESTERN PLUS Miami Airport North Hotel & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs
Clarion Inn  & Suites Miami Airport

Been to Days Inn Miami Airport North? Share your experiences!