“Do not stay here!”

Days Inn Miami Airport North
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Miami Springs
“Do not stay here!”
Reviewed January 26, 2012

Hotel is old and run down. Lobby is dirty and outdated. You have to walk through a parking lot to get to your room. Carpeting in room was stained and dirty. Furniture in room was dented and scratched.Linens were old and faded. Markings all over the walls. Spend a few more dollars somewhere else and dont waste your money here. This place is a dump.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank Flygirl0808

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Finnish first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed January 24, 2012

We arrived pretty late to the hotel & just needed somewhere to sleep for a few hours before catching our cruise. We waited in the lobby for 30min while the guy working the desk was helping people that clearly had no clue what was going on so that was a little irritaing considering it was midnight. While we were waiting there is a bar connected to the hotel a clearly drunk man was trying to get video of the servalance camera because someone in the bar stole his wallet. So already I'm thinking where the hell are we. The rooms were very outdated the comforter which was supposed to be white had stains on it, the toilet seat when you sat down to go to the bathroom sounded like it was going to fall apart (I am an aveage size women, not overweight by any means) samething happened to my husband. Put toilet paper on the seat to use the toilet cause the cleanliness of the room grossed me out. The carpet was dirty so I walked around with my shoes on & the walls where very thin you could hear all the people in the halls after bar close. The next morning when we where waiting to leave a lady was in the lobby crying cause she lost or someone stole her luggage. The shuttle service was great picks you up @ 12:30pm! The other breakfast resturant was reasonable for beverages, we never ate the food. All n all if your looking for somewhere just to rest for a few hours it's an average place.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
USA
Reviewed January 21, 2012

Pre-cruise with five people .... on budget so this was a great choice since they offer complimentary shuttle from MIA and then to POM.

No breakfast. Bare bones.

Room Tip: Gas station, Subway, and McDonalds within a block or two.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank NoneReally
Marion, Utah
Reviewed January 19, 2012

Free shuttle from the Airport, clean rooms. We stayed overnight before the cruise and the Days Inn arranged for a shuttle service to the cruise terminal and the service arranged to pick us up after the cruise to take us to the airport. I can't tell you how much time this saved us, not to mention trouble. The room was nothing special but for $129.00 it was clean and adequate. We have stayed in various hotels in and around Miami some for much higher prices that weren't as nice.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank merrysunshine21
Reviewed January 19, 2012

We were at this hotel before and after a cruise, and though the location is convenient and they have a free shuttle, the rooms are beyond horrible. I should have gone by the bad reviews but was assured the rooms would be clean - well clean was dead cockeroaches, smoke filled rooms, mold and mildew and old carpeting. I cannot believe Days Inn puts their name to this place and can't imagine how it had not been condemmed. Stay away. It is not worth the few dollars you save. You risk your health and safety staying here.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ramonab
Melbourne
Reviewed January 2, 2012

I think when you book a hotel you need to put things in perspective - you're not getting the Ritz for $69.00!

After flying/transit for almost 22 hours, it did the job. My aims were to find a cheap hotel for one night, close to the airport (as I was meeting a friend there early next morning), free shuttle, free wifi (I skyped my family at home to let them know I was safe) and a shower!

I was there from 9:00 pm (ish) - 8:00 am. I didn't see the point of travelling into MIA (only to come back to the airport!) or booking an expensive property for the amount of time I was going to be there.

This is definitely not somewhere you would go for a long stay. The purpose of my stay here was to check in, sleep and beat jetlag. I accomplished that! By morning I was rested, clean and ready to hit SoBe!!!!!

It is by no means luxurious and could benefit for a basic refit. It did have a little bit of a funky smell, but after 22 hours in transit - I could not have cared less!!! The staff were honestly very nice and helpful.

The little cafe next door did exceed my expectations and made good food and coffee at bargain prices.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Meljadeb
Siem Reap
Reviewed December 31, 2011

Smelly, (smoke + nauseating room 'freshener)' no hot water, ashtrays in 'nonsmoking' room. Burns on bedspread, deadbolt didn't work, ac filthy. That said, comfortable bed, no bedbugs, convenient shuttle. Wouldn't go back though.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank bretts75
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami Springs
Ramada Miami Springs/Miami International Airport
Clarion Inn  & Suites Miami Airport
Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airp...
#10 of 16 in Miami Springs
Comfort Suites Miami Airport North
Sleep Inn at Miami International Airport
Best Western Plus Miami Airport North Hotel & Suites
Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center

Been to Days Inn Miami Airport North? Share your experiences!