“Good deal for the price and for cruisers”

Days Inn Miami Airport North
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Miami Springs
Reviewed April 11, 2011

We booked two rooms here to overnight before our cruise. It offers free airport shuttle service as well as free port service, which saved us a good chunk of money. I did look at higher end hotels but since we would only be there for approx 16 hours, including sleep time, I saw no value in spending more money and adding further travel costs for shuttle/taxi. Our room was very clean, beds were comfy and linens very nice. While the main buildings were older, our room had been recently renovated and was in great shape. We slept very soundly and had no noise issues.

Both shuttle drivers were wonderful and worked hard. Breakfast was good and I walked over to the nearby gas station in the morning and had no issues with the neighborhood. It's not Boca Raton, but I didn't feel unsafe at all.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Allison O
Write a ReviewReviews (1,983)

Reviewed April 7, 2011

We traveled with friends from plane to hotel. Pool was decent, rooms were normal for a Days Inn. We paid about an average of $70 on 3 rooms and what was included made it a great place to stay. Airport transfer, breakfast, transfer to Miami cruise port- all included- ya really can't beat that price. Room was clean and beds were comfortable it was just a little loud being so close to airport. The bar was a great place to chill, have an inexpensive drink, shoot pool and just hang out the night before our cruise left. It's no frills but it was a fun and inexpensive place that offered good perks. The rental car place was right in the lobby and very inexpensive comparable to other local places.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the pool. Car rental in lobby!
  • Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 5, 2011

Our family booked a cruise out of Miami and required a place to stay for the night. Because we were traveling with 2 small children that required cribs we contacted the hotel property directly to ensure they could accommodate. We were assured they were properly equip with 2 cribs and that they were reserved and would be waiting in our (non-smoking) room upon our arrival. Due to the airport fire at Miami International our flight schedule changed and we would be arriving later than expected. We called the property directly again to inform them of our anticipated late arrival. Once again they assured us the 2 cribs would be set up in our non-smoking rooms. When we arrived the front desk staff informed us they did not have any cribs period, never did. One commented that they might get a couple for Christmas this year. They then informed us that they only had smoking rooms and they had no card keys for the locks. They had to escort us to our room with a master key to let us in. They told us if we had any reason to leave our room we would just have to prop the door open so we could get back in or come back to the front desk and they would escort us in as needed.

The room was only marginally clean and had mold on the walls. If not for the late hour after a stressful day of jugging flights I would have looked for an alternate place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 2, 2011

We had to overnight in Miami both ways on our recent trip, and since the hotel we booked for an overnight on the way down was full, we picked Days Inn North on the way back for affordability and location. We called for the shuttle when we claimed our luggage and he said he would send the driver. 30 minutes later, no shuttle. We finally saw a Days Inn shuttle after 45 minutes but it was for another location. So we called the hotel back, he said the driver should be at the airport "right now". Sure enough within 2 minutes, the shuttle appeared. The driver pointed to the address on the van 3 times asking me if I had the right one and finally opened the door after I assured him we had the correct van. He "helped" with the luggage, griping about the weight of it the entire time, my husband finally loaded the rest of the bags for him. He sure expected a tip at the end though, and had the gall to make a comment about the amount--he spoke in another language but I got the gist.

So, we FINALLY get to the motel (because that's really what it is), the neighborhood was not an area I'd want to venture out in after dark. We checked in and received a room, when he showed it to us on the map, it was in the front building right on the main street. Based on a past review I had read, I immediately asked to have another room. The review had said they didn't sleep all night because of the traffic noise and even just standing in the lobby I could see their point--it was LOUD, and the traffic did not die down all night. The man was very nice and assigned us a room across the parking lot from the lobby.

When I opened the door to the room, I was pleasantly surprised--it had been remodeled (as much as a Days Inn can be) and was very spacious. It had new-ish bedding, the sheets were spotless and the mattresses looked like they had been replaced in the last 10 years. What a nice change from other Days Inn's I have stayed at! No bed bugs either, I checked. The room had a fridge, a microwave and an old TV plus a table with 2 chairs, plenty of dresser drawers and a big closet. There was a safe in the closet on the floor but it was closed and locked so we weren't able to use it. There is a $2 safe charge indicated in the paperwork but we told them it was locked so they didn't charge us when we checked out. The AC was newer and worked great, it was already on when we arrived, a nice bonus.

Other reviews mentioned black feet--this is true. After walking on the filthy carpet, our feet were black, and we tracked the dirt all over the white bathroom tile. I took a shower and wore my flip flops for the rest of our stay. The bathroom had seen better days--there was water damage on the floor, walls and ceiling, and the tub wasn't clean. I'm not sure if it was dirty or just stained, but I didn't want to look that closely. What cracked me up was the new vanity--they had obviously tried to class it up by putting in a modern vanity with brushed nickel hardware, an undermount sink and a granite countertop. I give them points for trying. :)

My husband took a shower when we arrived and had no issue with hot water. I tried at 5pm and several times thereafter and no hot water. At 7:30, I finally called the front desk--he said I needed to leave the water running for several minutes as the hot water tank was at the other end of the complex. I was surprised by this authorized waste of water, but did as he suggested and had hot water within 10 minutes. VERY hot water, in fact, it was hard getting it cooled back off once it got hot. The water pressure was okay,, enough for my needs, but people with thick hair might have trouble getting the soap out.

The beds were not bad, as I said, they were newer than most hotels of this level, and the linens were new-ish and clean. The pillows weren't as lumpy as other motels so maybe they had been replaced as well. One note: the sheets were the polyester kind, very nice and soft to the touch but HOT, I was sweating by morning.

Due to the location and age of the motel (no sound proof windows here!), the airplane noise was deafening, and they went over constantly even late at night. We turned up the TV to drown them out and wore earplugs when we went to bed and didn't have any trouble sleeping. The traffic noise was bad as well so I would recommend bringing earplugs and/or a noise machine--the fan on the AC just wasn't loud enough to drown it out.

A real positive of this location was that there was a gas station convenience store right next door to pick up bottled water, snacks and even wine/beer. There was also a Subway, a McDonald's and an Ihop a few blocks away. There was supposedly a restaurant in the lobby but it looked scary and past reviews indicated it wasn't advisable to eat there.

So all in all, it wasn't intolerable. Prices anywhere near the airport are exorbitant and this was the cheapest place we found. I'm glad we didn't pay more!

Room Tip: Get a room OFF the main street, bad traffic noise
Reviewed March 31, 2011

Spent 2 days at hotel prior to cruise and 1 after, booked rooms before reading the reviews and have to admit we were surprised at our stay, nothing to write home about, but clean although older type of hotel. It was quiet during our stay, the staff very friendly, and informative. Picked us up at airport within 15 minutes and delivered us to cruise in plenty of time. Picked us up at cruise port and took us to airport with no problems. We certainly would stay again, given this experience and "the price was right."

Reviewed March 24, 2011

We booked a room as advertised on the Days Inn website for a King Bed. We are used to that size and both have bad backs-when we checked in we were told No King Beds...You have a Queen...ok..maybe tolerate it for 2 nites. My husband and I are average sized people. We found a Double Sized Bed. When I went to the desk to ask questions and change rooms I was treated very rudely and was adamantly told that I Had A Queen Bed. I have pixs to prove them wrong. We also had a small corner room without ventilation. I smelled horrible. Since we were in a predicament that we couldn't change we had to put up with this crappy hotel and staff for 2 days. Ran into the same thing a few years back at another Days Inn in Corbin,KY....This chain sucks.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 20, 2011

We booked this hotel to stay in one night before we embarked on a cruise the next day. The hotel room was very dirty. The bathtub was black with dirt. There was toothpaste in the sink. The hotel lobby smelled like smoke. The room was situated on a very busy highway.We got no sleep all night from the traffic noise. We would not stay here ever again! For the price we paid, I felt we were ripped off. We were also charged for a lock box which was another rip off.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami Springs
Sleep Inn at Miami International Airport
Ramada Miami Springs/Miami International Airport
Clarion Inn  & Suites Miami Airport
Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airp...
#11 of 16 in Miami Springs
0 mi away
Comfort Suites Miami Airport North
Best Western Plus Miami Airport North Hotel & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs

Been to Days Inn Miami Airport North? Share your experiences!