“Nice extended stay facility” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Miami Springs

Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Miami Springs
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs
Ljubljana, Slovenia
“Nice extended stay facility”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2006

I was informed in the end of 2005 that I was going to be staying at this property for 6 weeks in spring of 2006 for a job training in Miami. When reading the reviews here I was horrified. I equiped myself with all sorts of disinfectants and anti-roach sprays. Arriving at this property I was plesantly surprised. It is far from described in the previous reviews. The building and the area is actually very nice, clean and well kept. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, the kitchen provides everything you might need for the longer stay. If you need something your room does not include I haven't had any problems getting it from the friendly front desk staff. Yes, this is an extended stay facility so you should be aware of their "housekeeping rules". However the weekly service provided was all I needed as I was given 9 towels each week and if you try and keep your room clean by yourself you should not have a problem. If you do require a more frequent housekeeping service it is only an additional 5 bucks. I certainly would not recommend this place for a turist stay of one, two or just a few nights as there are better and more appropriate hotels nearby, but for an extended stay this is a very good option and after spending 41 nights at this facility I would gladly do it again.

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank Slo-Lju

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2005

They only clean the rooms once every seven days. My family and I stayed there for 5 days and they NEVER cleaned our room. They claim to have a refresh service after the second night, but that only means that someone comes up to you room and hands you fresh towels and trashbags. They do not even vacuum, make the bed etc. It was a horrible experience and I would NEVER go back again. Given that they never clean the room, the visitors on our last day were no surprise. We saw a live roach in the bath tub and another in the kitchen. I would never recommend in a million years

• Stayed June 2005
5 Thank traveldiva4life
Charleston, SC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2005

I made reservations for this hotel based on it's #1 ranking on Tripadvisor and it's 3 star ranking on Travelocity. It was a HUGE mistake. My husband and 9 year old daughter flew into Miami at 9:00 p.m. and were expecting to take the "promoted" hotel shuttle to the hotel from the airport. The shuttle stops running at 8:00 p.m. so they were forced to take a taxi. The staff were friendly and competent at the check-in. The room was filthy and stunk. There was dried blood on the faucet in the bathroom. The beds were hard and uncomfortable. The furnishings were old and in disrepair. Most importantly, the location of the hotel is in a TERRIBLE section of town. It is close to the airport, but there was a Comfort Suites that looked like a much better choice. This dump of a room cost $105 for the evening. I stress the fact that it was for the evening since many "fine" hotels within walking distance to this one rented their rooms by the hour! Just skip this whole area and drive a little further to and from the airport. I know I wish that we did!!!

4 Thank CharlestonNative
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2004

This hotel is somewhat different from standard Homestead hotels since it used to be another hotel. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful and the room we stayed in was huge and comfortable. We had 2 beds and a sofa with a full kitchnette. The table is also bigger than usual ones in Homestead rooms. They offer free breakfast during weekdays, and there is a small gym room within the hotel. Our stay was a happy experience.

5 Thank lizzylizzy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami Springs
BEST WESTERN PLUS Miami Airport North Hotel & Suites
Sleep Inn at Miami International Airport
Clarion Inn  & Suites Miami Airport
Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs
Comfort Suites Miami Airport North
Ramada Miami Springs/Miami International Airport

Been to Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Miami Springs? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Miami Springs

Property: Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Miami Springs
Address: 101 Fairway Dr, Miami Springs, FL 33166-5843 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)
Location: United States > Florida > Miami Springs
Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free Parking Kitchenette Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Miami Springs 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Extended Stay, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Miami Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Studio Hotel Miami Springs