“Great Time”

Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Miami Springs
Hamilton Ontario
“Great Time”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I Must have lucked out when I stayed here.
After reading all the reviews I was beginning to get a little nervous about staying here.
However, it turned out to be a pleasant surprise.
We did get a room that looked exactly like they show on the website. Recently renovated room, the room didn't have a bad smell like some have mentioned. A/C worked great, beds were comfortable. Internet actually worked!!!!. it was a great surprise to me (always had trouble with internet in Florida hotels)
The staff were really nice, waited 20 minutes for shuttle bus(just missed it when got out of airport)
the only complaint was the pillows, ahaha, they were way too soft for me.
I will definitely stay there again before I cruise.

3 Thank Jace898

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Traverse City, Michigan
Reviewed January 26, 2014

This isn't a bad place to stay if your looking for short term and reasonable. It's right next to airport, free shuttle from airport to hotel, clean rooms, decent free breakfast, courteous staff, and within walking distance to a few good places to eat. It's not the most glamorous area but for our one night prier to cruising it was fine. They also have a shuttle service that will take you to the Cruise Port which was $10 each. We,ve stayed down near the Port of Miami before and it was great and prefered but it's about twice as much per night. If we go again I'll try to get a deal down near the port as there's a lot to do and see, but if not this hotel works fine. There's a party store just down the road called Downstairs, it has great deli sandwich's!
Lit

Rockville, Maryland
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Our flight out of Miami got cancelled, but we were lucky to get a room here. It's a great value. There's a free hotel shuttle that runs about every 20 minutes (you can call the hotel for an updated arrival time), free breakfast, and the rooms are clean and have everything you could need. Breakfast had a waffle iron and some other basic foods. The staff were really friendly and pleasant. We had accidentally screwed up our arrival date when we made reservations online and they were able to get us into a room anyway. No, this isn't a 5-star hotel, and it isn't close to the sights, but that isn't what we were looking for. We were able to walk to a Starbucks and a Thai restaurant and rest up for a day at the airport.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cammytrip
Angus, Canada
Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

Great spot to stay. Everything u need in a one night stay.

Good service
Clean room
Decent free breakfast(needs bacon)
Shuttle from airport
Shuttle to port
Close to food

If u stay here, make sure to rent a car attractions, shopping, and better food is like a 10 min away. Rental - $30 bucks

Stayed January 2014
2 Thank Ryan W
Turku
Reviewed January 18, 2014

One of the worst hotel performances I've encountered with. WARNING there was NO free airport shuttle running like the advertised and as this was one of the reasons I chose this hotel.

We waited one hour at the airport for the shuttle. NUMBER SHOWN AT THE WEBSITE DID NOT WORK as we would have called what's wrong with the airport shuttle service. All other hotels shuttles seemed to be running all the time. After the taxi ride to the hotel, their explanation for the missing shuttle was: driver is sick. When I asked why didn't their phone number worked the answer was: we don't know. Maybe it's because of some area code etc not mentioned on the website for us coming from outside of u.s? No apologies or discount what so ever after we asked for some discount.

The room was quite smelly and moist. There was a bee-nest outside, touchin the dirty window. So window could not be opened and obviously their housekeeping would not open it either, or even swipe the dirty window.

I would rather eat again in a closeby fastfood joint then at their free breakfast. There was not enough tables for guests. There is a woffle/pancake machine that's like disney world - you have to wait in line approximately 30 minutes to make yourself a woffle. If you are lucky you might be able to be at breakfast when its not crowded though.

Luckily stayed only one night. If it's not really neccessary for you stay at the airport hotel, I advice you to go straight to your final destination. We were heading to Orlando next Morning and the hotels there are amazing (we stayed at the Embassy suites buena vista south, kissimmee). I wish I would have just took the car and drive there straight away at night instead of thinking of getting a nights sleep in this dump.

Ireland
Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

Sleep Inn hotels are normally very good hotels and as a brand we would always pick them if staying close to an airport.

But unfortunately this Sleep Inn has let the entire brand down. Checking in was not too bad, slow but okay. Rooms we're clean enough, a bit below their normal standard. But okay.

What really lets down this Sleep Inn down are the staff. We along with several other guests had problems. The elevators did not work. The tvs went out. And when I tried to get a bottle of water out of the vending machine it took my money. When I requested assistance,I had to get Frank Rodrgiz (Operations Manager that's what it said on his name tag) to stop texting on his phone. I was then told to ask Brian at the front desk who was trying to check guests in. The 'operations manager' headed off somewhere else because I guess my request was not important. I waited for 15 minutes before he returned & he seemed quite surprised I was still there. I then had to tell him a second time what the issue was, he did manage to stop texting for the two minutes it took me to explain again what the problem was. I guess I should be grateful that he took some of his valuable personal time, texting, whatever time to help me.

When we and several other guests complained about the televisions being down we were all greeted with smugness & very poor attitudes.

Would I ever return to this Sleep Inn, NO! The staff are unhelpful, smug & there is a very strong smell of smoke thru out the hotel.

It is a shame about this hotel, because now when choosing a hotel I will defiantly think twice about booking with Sleep Inn.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Sugar Land, Texas
Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

I made the reservation online while staying in a hotel across the street. The Sleep Inn is nice and very quiet. The location is perfect, since it is near the airport and has a free shuttle. The pool and outdoor area is a plus, along with the convenient washer and dryer room. The front desk staff were all very pleasant and extremely helpful. The port shuttle was $10 and was there on time. I would stay here again.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami Springs
Best Western Plus Miami Airport North Hotel & Suites
Clarion Inn  & Suites Miami Airport
Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airp...
#10 of 16 in Miami Springs
Comfort Suites Miami Airport North
Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs
Ramada Miami Springs/Miami International Airport
Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Miami Springs

Been to Sleep Inn at Miami International Airport? Share your experiences!