“Sleep Inn Miami”

Sleep Inn at Miami International Airport
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Miami Springs
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This hotel is definitely not in a better part of the city. It also seems to be being renovated, because the entry and breakfast area was newly redone, but when we got off the elevator on the third floor we didn't even want to walk on that carpet, it was so filthy. Breakfast was so-so; certainly not up to par of other Choice Hotels. Bottom line: look for other lodging!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Sleep Inn at Miami International Airport

Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this Sleep Inn twice during a recent trip due to lengthy layovers at MIA. By booking online well ahead of time we paid a rate of $60 plus taxes. The front desk personnel were helpful, prompt and friendly, even though our first arrival was at 3 AM. The transport van was prompt and the driver very helpful and friendly. Parking lot is adequate and well lit. The rooms we stayed in (1 queen bed each time, nonsmoking) had been renovated since our previous stay (2 years ago) and were exactly what we needed. Window had a heavy curtain to block light. A/C was cold (no mildew smell). Shower was hot. Room was clean with no cigarette smell. Did not use pool. Did not eat breakfast because the small dining area was packed with other guests. Cons: Disappointed that there was no coffee in the morning (machine broken!). Otherwise, breakfast looked and smelled great but there was not enough room to eat.

Room Tip: 3rd floor was more recently renovated but 1st floor was fine too
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cbiscuit822
Debora S, Manager at Sleep Inn at Miami International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Hello CBISCUIT822

Thank you very much on your recent comment about your stay. I was so happy to hear that you were please with the new room renovations. We try very hard to make our guest happy and with the new renovated rooms I'm glad you liked it. Customer service is also very important to us and to hear that the staff was helpful and friendly is music to my ears. Once again thank you and on your next visit to Miami I hope you stay with us. :)

Reviewed September 3, 2013

My friends and I stayed there this summer. It was affordable, clean, centrally located and the staff was great! Good job sleep Inn! I would definitely recommend that if you're on a budget, this is a good choice.

Room Tip: Breakfast is very generic, so if you decide to stay beyond a week budget for breakfast.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank TAMMY876

Hello Tammy876

I'm glad to hear that you were pleased with us. We try very hard to make sure our guest are happy. So it's nice to hear that we did just that. Tammy876 thank you very much for your compliment it is greatly appreciated.

Manager

Reviewed August 13, 2013

We were flying in to Miami in the evening and continuing our journey in the morning so we figured an airport hotel would do and went for the Sleep Inn. We waited for the airport transportation for about 45 min and just as we were getting a cab the van arrived. There was only one person manning the reception so it took another 20 min or so before we got our room as he was taking calls etc in between getting guests their room. The room itself could have done with an update, especially the bathroom. Also, free wifi is included but it does not really work (or is beyond slow). We did however sleep okayish, even though the walls are definitely on the thin side and breakfast, as in orange juice, coffee, cereal, donuts, muffins and yogurt, is included. May work for a layover but not much else.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2013

This place is a dump. The nonsmoking rooms smell smoky. The carpet is old and muggy. The AC semi works and discharges a mildew smell. The hotel had no double rooms left and gave me an option of staying in two single bed rooms. I have two girls, how the heck am I suppose to make that arrangement work on a family vacation??? They didn't discount a room for me for this inconvenience. I had reservations...don't waste your time reserving bc they will overbook and give you a poor resolution. My suggestion find something else!

• Stayed: August 2013
Debora S, Manager at Sleep Inn at Miami International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Hello Jbb298,

I would first like to thank you for comment your comment helps us to become better at our jobs. I would also like to apologize to you for your disappointing stay with us. Your concerns and issues did not go un heard. Jbb298 at this very moment we are renovating our guest rooms our renovating includes new bedding, pictures, carpet, furniture, lighting, painting, bathroom, drapes, and at the end of the renovation we will recarpet the entire hotel. On your next visit to Miami stop in and take a look, you can ask to see me the General Manager.

Once again I apologize nd thank you

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Hello again tripers...stayed in a non smoking room....queen...2nd floor.
Great location....right on a golf corse.
nice breakfast
safe
clean
good room

Cons:

Shower head needs updating
walls are a little thin

Over all I will be back.

Room Tip: There are rooms that face the parking lot or golf corse....Ask for a top floor room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank TahoeLOC

Hello Tahoeloc,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad to hear that we were able to make your stay a comfortable and pleasant one. I will pass the compliment on to my staff. It will make their day. I also thank you for comment you made on the shower heads this is something I will surely look into improving.

Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Just an average airport hotel for the USA. There is absolutely nothing special about this hotel. If you need just one night it is a good option. There is a free shuttle service to and from the airport. However when we arrived we could not get the hotel so we had to take a taxi.

• Stayed: April 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami Springs
Best Western Plus Miami Airport North Hotel & Suites
Clarion Inn  & Suites Miami Airport
Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airp...
#10 of 16 in Miami Springs
Ramada Miami Springs/Miami International Airport
Comfort Suites Miami Airport North
Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs
Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Miami Springs

Been to Sleep Inn at Miami International Airport? Share your experiences!