“My overnight stay”

Sleep Inn at Miami International Airport
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Miami Springs
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Flying by myself this vacation and having to overnight in Miami, old years night was not something I was looking forward to,since I was not accustomed to this airport... But it was soo simple to call the hotel on the huge touch screen phone to request the shuttle, which passed by about 10 mins after I made the call...The shuttle attendant was most courteous and helpful with my 5 bags :/
arriving at the hotel, even though it is 2 streets parallel to the airport...their was little airport noise on the outside and absolute silence inside...inside felt very homey , welcoming staff, FAST and SPEEDY check in, I was grateful for my ground floor room with my 5bags, room was impressive for the price I paid..
Room was well equipped with coffee, cream, sugar, water heating machine, cups, toiletries, hair dryer, ironing board, iron (heater), big flat screen tv, sufficient towels, pillows, blankets.
Coffee station, Juice station, breakfast was filling.
Their wasn't anything I could find wrong...it made me want to overnight their more often...I was truly sad to leave, I wish I could have missed my flight :D
Definitely a must do- longer stay - is required...

Dec 31st- Jan 1st night staff, thanks for making my lonely Old years night a little more bright!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Narisa M

Reviewed December 20, 2012

We stayed for one night. Location is quiet and close to the airport which is convenient. Staff is very pleasant and helpful. Free breakfast but gets crowded. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. The price was reasonable.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Wipfer
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Only stayed for one night. Location is quiet and close to the airport which is convenient. Staff is very pleasant and helpful. Free breakfast but very little choices and gets crowded on early mornings.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Christal R
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We stayed in this Sleep Inn for one night. It's close to the airport - less than five minutes. This hotel told me they offered a shuttle from the airport. However, when I called to request the pickup, no one answered the call - or the next three calls we placed. So, we paid $20 for a taxi - ridiculous. Don't advertise a shuttle if you can't be bothered the answer the phone and provide it!

I've recently stayed in very nicely renovated Sleep Inns. This one has not been re-done. The linens - curtains, comforter - are awful.

The breakfast was mediocre - I've seen a lot better in other Sleep Inns.

Stay here if you must. It's convenient, but don't expect a lot. At least it was quiet.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

We were looking for a relatively cheap overnight stop following our arrival at Miami airport and this fitted the bill. Rooms were large and clean, if a little dated, but quiet and comfortable. Breakfast was basic and got very busy later in the morning. Plenty of places to eat within walking distance and the hotel itself is less than 10 minutes drive from Miami airport. Overall got exactly what we expected for the price we paid.

1  Thank Beerski
Debora S, Manager at Sleep Inn at Miami International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Thank you for staying with us, we appreciate your business. On your next visit to Miami I hope we can accomodation needs.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Hotel is easy to access from highway or airport. Over a 3 night stay we found every staff member exceptionally pleasant and helpful. The hotel is clean and well maintained. The beds were exceptionally comfortable. The breakfast bar is the only negative - it is small and we found a 6 person deep line waiting to use the one waffle iron the only time we tried it. So we ate breakfast out (IHOP 1 block away, Denny's 2 minutes away). There also is no fitness center, but I found a very nice jogging loop behind the hotel- around a golf course in a pleasant residential neighborhood. But these are small negatives on a very nice hotel. Last thought- the hotel has a large and clean outdoor pool also; great for kids. :)

Room Tip: Request the back side of the hotel- away from the airport and facing the golf course.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank DuckFriend
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We booked online. We were put into a 'disabled' room on the first floor. This was not a problem until we tried the shower and found the water pressure so low the water did not spray from the shower head, it just ran back down the handle.(I took a cellphone video so there can be no dispute about the problem). The front desk verified the problem but could not or would not put us into another room with a reasonably functioning shower. I asked to speak with the manager (it was now around 10pm and he was at home.) On the phone he told me there was nothing he could do that night. Further he just talked over me and basically told me if I didnt like it he would not charge my card and I could find another hotel for that night. I insisted that it was HIS problem, not mine as I had a confirmed reservation and that HE should find me alternative accommodation if he could not provide it himself. Eventually after a somewhat heated exchange in front of other customers in the lobby he agreed to have the front desk person call around for another hotel room. We eventually drove to another hotel after 11pm. The bottom line was that the manager was rude and only agreed to resolving the issue this way after a fight. The manager should have immediately offered to find me alternative accommodation when the problem became clear and not insisted there was nothing he could do. This hotel manager should read the customer satisfaction promise that hangs on the wall behind the front desk.

Room Tip: The hotel website did not specifically describe this as a disabled person's room. Nor did the ch...
1  Thank Collin H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami Springs
Clarion Inn  & Suites Miami Airport
Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airp...
#10 of 16 in Miami Springs
Best Western Plus Miami Airport North Hotel & Suites
Ramada Miami Springs/Miami International Airport
Miami International Airport Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs
Regency Hotel Miami
Regency Hotel Miami
#39 of 127 in Miami

Been to Sleep Inn at Miami International Airport? Share your experiences!