Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Miami Springs
Reviewed October 1, 2012

OK so it's a HIE at an airport so you don't expect anything special and you don't get it. Disinterested check in staff and insects on the bedside table are a couple of the negatives.

To be fair, the bed was comfortable and the room had all I needed so no major complaints but the area and building had a depressing feel which might lead me to look elsewhere next time I'm at MIA

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Trisha M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Dear valued guests,
We are very saddened to hear of your stay and appreciate your feedback. I would appreciate if you could contact me directly at 305-887-2153 X 110 for more information about your stay and I can assure you that we will work hard to do our very best to ensure our hotel and staff are up to your expectations the next time you travel to Miami.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

I've stayed here a few times when I've had to overnight at Miami Airport. It's geographically very close to the airport, but because of the roads it has to take to get to the airport, it takes a bit longer than you would expect. It's not bad though as it still only takes about 15 minutes via their shuttle.

The rooms are typical for a Holiday Inn Express -- nothing fancy, but everything is there and I've found the rooms I've been in to be clean. It's usually one of the cheaper options near the airport, so that's why I end up staying here. There isn't a whole lot near the hotel other than that though.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Trisha M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Express Miami International Airport. It was our pleasure to be of service to you and look forward to seeing you again the next time you travel to the Greater Miami area.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

This is the second time I stayed at the hotel. I was going on a cruise and wanted to get to Miami the night before. Booking was easy and the staff was super friendly. The hotel is clean and it offers a good breakfast buffet. Whenever I need to go to Miami this is my hotel of choice.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Trisha M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2012

Thank you so much for your comments, we all appreciate your kind words. I will be sure to share with our staff and we will continue to work hard each and every day to ensure all our guests are as happy as you are!

Reviewed August 31, 2012

I had to contact the hotel for a last-minute change to a trip that was booked through a third-party travel vendor, due to a family emergency. Trisha Molina, the General Manager, was warm, friendly, and responsive. She contacted me quickly and provided swift resolution to my reservation dilemna. I will definately use this hotel in the future, because customer service is their number one priority. I was treated as an individual and not a number, and that goes a long way.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Trisha M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words and we look forward to the opportunity to be of service to you in the future, have a nice day!

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Room selection: 2 double bed room with a sofa sleeper pull out

The Good:
*Though very close to airport, we weren't bothered by airline noise.
*Next door to IHOP and some type of bar&grill place. There were a few other places to eat 5 or 6 blocks down the street.
*At 11pm we returned to the hotel for the night and they had a security guard posted in the parking lot
*Hotel staff was prompt, courteous, and personable. I consider this very important.

The Bad:
*On a scale of 1 to 10, I would rate cleanliness at a 6, maybe 7.
*Hotel seems somewhat dated
*Lobby extremely small.
*Elevators are right next to check-in/check-out desk, which makes it somewhat difficult to maneuver when it gets busy

The Ugly:
*Sofa sleeper pull out was extremely small. Sheets on sofa sleeper didn't appear to have been changed from last hotel guest
*Had to go to a different floor to access ice machine or vending area.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms next to elevators and stairs
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Trisha M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

I am happy to say that this particular Holiday Inn provided me with a very good taste in my mouth. William and Jon at the front desk were exceptional. The room was fIne. I was only overnighting so was not able to check out the area.

However, I have to comment about the shuttle for the Holiday Inn in Doral, where my reservation was made and the room was paid for through Hotel Planner. I waited at the airport for about 15 minutes before I saw a Holiday Inn shuttle. The driver advised me I needed to wait for the want for the Dural. At that time, I called and ended up waiting about 20 minutes before someone came on the line. In asking about their shuttle she advises me it is only runs at certain times. The reason I chose it is because the information I got said it had a 24/7 shuttle. While on the phone, another Holiday in shuttle passed, wrong one. After now being on the phone for about 10 minutes, I was transferred to Customer Support. They were not able to give me a specific time so I then asked about the shuttle in the early morning. While waiting another 10 minutes another Holiday Inn shuttle came and so I jumped on that one now thinking it was the right one since I saw the sign. When I got to the front desk,those nice workers could not find my reservation. In checking the address, they told me I was still at the wrong location. By this time, it was night and I was tired. All I wanted to do was sleep, get up early in the morning, catch my shuttle and leave. I called back the other hotel and they told me I needed to call Hotel Planner to change from one Hilton to the next. They could not do anything to assist me. Although the Hilton I ended up to was ok. I believe this will be my last stay with them because I keep hearing they don't give refunds.

They are still giving me a run around to try to get a refund.

STAY AWAY from Hotel Planner!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012

Thank you so much for your kind comments about our front desk staff William and Jon, I will be sure to pass your kind words on to them. Please feel free to contact us direct so William and Jon may personally assist you with your future travels to the Greater Miami area.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

We had an overnight flight in Miami and not wanting to spend 12 hours at the airport, decided to book the closest hotel possible- this was a great choice. Only had to wait for the shuttle about 10 minutes, which is not bad. A very pleasant driver, we arrived at the hotel in 10 minutes. Super friendly staff greeted us and we were in the room in another 10 minutes. the place is clean and the rooms spacious, nice bathroom and comfortable beds. not much around the hotel though, Ihop right across (with a 10 percent discount for hotel guests), and a Sports bar a couple steps down (didn't go in but looked like an adequate choice). the breakfast is not great, but has the essentials and it is included in the room price, so no complains. Shuttle to the airport runs every 30 minutes and you are there in 10, so for our needs, this was a great find.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank CJK38

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your personal opinion, I will be sure to share your comments with our staff. We appreciate your feedback and will continue to work hard to ensure all our guests are happy and satisfied. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you travel to the Greater Miami area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami Springs
Best Western Plus Miami Airport North Hotel & Suites
Comfort Suites Miami Airport North
Sleep Inn at Miami International Airport
Clarion Inn  & Suites Miami Airport
Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airp...
#10 of 16 in Miami Springs
Ramada Miami Springs/Miami International Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon

Been to Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs? Share your experiences!