“Food Good. Service Indifferent. Ambiance...what ambiance??”
Review of Holleman's Restaurant - CLOSED

Holleman's Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 13, 2013

purchased a Groupon and went to dine this evening with my husband.

First the bad...I was disappointed the moment I walked in. This restaurant hasn't been remodeled since the 70's, for sure. The place has plastic banquettes and faux Tiffany lamps for crying out loud! The tables were covered with a white paper tablecloth over the real cloth tablecloth! The service was extremely slow, amazingly so, considering this was a Wednesday evening. Cant imagine the wait time during the weekend It took an hour from being seated to receiving our Entree...waaaay too long. The wait staff unceremoniously dropped the food on the table without panache. I had to ask for small plates to place my appetizer portion ( I was sharing with my husband) otherwise we would have had to eat from the serving plate. Water glasses were plastic. No flowers, no candles. Need I say more?

The Good. The food was tasty. My steak, a Filet Mignon, was cooked exactly as I asked .."Medium Rare", as was my husband's Tuna steak. The desert, a Creme Brulee was very, very good, probably one of the best I've eaten and I eat alot of Creme Brulee.

Conclusion: With the Groupon, it was a decent value. Without the Groupon, I would have probably turned around at the door. Dont think I will be going back, though.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Friday night is our night out for dinner, and Holleman's was offered at Groupon, so we tried. We have come back four times. While you enjoy their exquisite food, you may enjoy the Karaoke bar next to the dining room. Some people are so good that you do not know if it is a record or a person, others are so bad, that you laugh listening to them. The service is extraordinary. The guy who brings the water and bread never says a word, but it seems like he enjoys his job so much...the waiters are very accommodating and so far all that they have recommended have been to our liking (do not miss the crab soup on Fridays). Expect to spend $30 to $40 per person with an appetizer, two entrees and 1 cup of wine each.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Went with a G. coupon, food very nice and taste, but very expensive, if you don’t have a coupon you will end paying $200. for a couple.
Will be good if they have the real live entertainment and real Tapas and Wine for happy hours.
Will not comeback.

3  Thank aramos7145
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I went here with my Mom decided to try it after a Groupon special, we loved it, went back, now recently purchased another Groupon this time for 4 people and i also mentioned it to 3 couples to come with us, so next visit is a big group. Great Service, Great Food and Entertainment....

2  Thank Kathy P
Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

I have lived in the Springs for a very long time but had never bothered going to Holleman's. So sorry I did! Although the restaurant is cute and is in a good location, the service was very slow. My husband and I each ordered pasta. It was horrible. I could have just as well gone to the grocery store, bought frozen food and not have spent as much money.

1  Thank RosyMiamiSprings