“Convenient and pleasant”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Convenient and pleasant”
Reviewed April 3, 2007

After a late arrival to Miami, the Holiday Inn was a great place to stay. It is just a hop, skip, and a jump from the airport and practically right next door to our car rental place. It was nice to fly in and then be able to relax at the hotel within an hour of arriving. The staff was friendly and helpful, the room was quite nice. My only complaint was that the air conditioning was located right next to the bed and blew right on me all night, yet without the air conditioning, it was too hot. So that made it a little difficult to sleep. It was nice getting the morning paper in our room in the morning and the breakfast at the restaurant was not bad. A very convenient/nice place to stay for a night, but I wouldn't want to spend more than a night or two here.

• Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank flowercat13

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed March 27, 2007

It is a older hotel. We flew in at midnight and then left first thing in the morning. It was fine just to sleep in one night. I only paid $90 on pricline, though. So, that's why I didn't mind it that much. I would never pay full price!!

• Stayed March 2007
Midlo, Va
Reviewed March 6, 2007

I do not know if i got screwed because I booked through Priceline, but I was assigned a room in the dreaded Tower 2, which I guess is punishment for not paying full price for a room here. The window air conditioner was on High my entire 3 day stay and barely kept the room cool.

The tub did not drain so I had to take a quick shower before the tub filled up on me. The toilet was quirky and decided not to flush sometimes.

There was some kind of sun deck or something by the pool, but did not have any furniture of any kind, and overlooked the crappy work/storage/disposal area for old air conditioners, ladders, etc.

Unless you are in a bind and MUST stay here..... keep looking

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — most everything
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Miami Springs hotels

ohio
Reviewed February 25, 2007

I have never written a negative review about a hotel before but this def. deserves it. It is very outdated in here with a weird incense smell. I tried to change my airline tickets to get out of here early but no such luck. They have individual ac units at the windows and a sealed up connecting door to another room. Not things I normally see at 3 star hotels. No fan in the bathroom. Just old and yuckie. Not in the best area! Thank goodness I got it through priceline at less than half the advertised rate. I guess my biggest complaint is it is billed as a 3 star hotel. I'll give it a 2.

• Stayed February 2007
2 Thank flyttegirl
Ewelme England
Reviewed January 5, 2007

We stayed in the Hotel on the night of 21st Dec 2006, there were 6 of us in the group and used the hotel the night prior to our Cruise, We are all from England and had read disappointing reviews, we decided to stay with the booking rather than make changes as it was only for one night. We all agreed after our stay that the Hotel was better than we thought, we slept well in comfortable beds, the rooms were clean and ready for us on our arrival, we had a few drinks in the bar and found the bar staff very friendly. We then had a meal and found it very tasty and well presented. I had mentioned that it was the birthday of one of our group, after we had finished our meal the Staff came to our table singing happy birthday and giving us a tasty rich chocolate cake. This made us feel very welcome. So well done to all at The Holiday Inn, and thanks for a great night.

John and Rosie Lockyer.

• Liked — So near to the Port, Staff friendly, clean comfortable room, good food. Handy for a one night stay.
  • Disliked — This hotel is great to use as a night stay before you join a cruise or before flying from Miami International.
  • Tips/Secrets — This is not a vacation type hotel but ideal for short stay.
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with friends
4 Thank johnklockyer
Omer, Israel
Reviewed December 30, 2006

Thanks to Hotwire we paid much less than full price which we would not have excused ourselves for paying! There are two towers, I visited the first in order to do laundry and I am not even sure that it looked better than the one for the poor relatives we were sent to. The walls in the bathroom were peeling, the television reception was full of snow, the wireless internet was disconnected every few minutes. The doors to all the rooms, first and second tower were dirty. The cleaning lady was in a hurry, did not put the bedspreads on, did not leave coffee cups. There was no coffee or sugar on the first night either (we always bring our own but rely on the cups and the coffee maker to warm the water). There were only three bath towels (we are a family of four). No noise from the airport! Location was fine for us. All other options would be much more expensive!

• Liked — No noise from the airport
  • Disliked — Cleanliness
  • Tips/Secrets — Do not pay full price. Consider it as an option thru Hotwire/Priceline.
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
1 Thank West_U_2005_2007
London, UK
Reviewed December 30, 2006

We stayed just one night to get a connecting flight the next day.

Check in was easy - we didn't have a voucher as we booked via the internet, but they were able to overcome this.

The rooms are a good standard, bed very comfortable, good choice of films to watch. The breakfast was plentiful, but not impressive and not much for vegetarians.

NOTE: we wanted to go out for a meal, but there are no restaurants nearby (only Pollo Tropical). Car is essential, but was not worth it for us as we only stayed one night.

The airport transfer really is only 5mins.

• Liked — 5 mins to airport!
  • Disliked — no local restaurants
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center
Comfort Suites Miami Airport North
Best Western Plus Miami Airport North Hotel & Suites
Hyatt Place Miami Airport East

Been to Holiday Inn Miami International Airport? Share your experiences!