“Excellent Hotel for an Overnight stay near MIA” 5 of 5 bubbles

Holiday Inn Miami International Airport
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Miami Springs
GreenLeadersSilver level
Baraboo, Wisconsin
“Excellent Hotel for an Overnight stay near MIA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

We had overnight stays on our way to and returning from Haiti. Having arrived at night on the way down at a hotel that did not have a restaurant I changed our reservation to the Holiday Inn Miami Airport. What a wonderful surprise! The check-in staff (though busy with someone else's meal delivery complaint) took great care of us. We had a great room (601)! The restaurant on the 9th floor is wonderful with great food, an incredible view and free salsa lessons on Saturday and Sunday nights. The restaurant manager, Alien (yes, that is his name, accent on the A) made sure our meal and service was great! Then next time we spend an overnight in Miami we will stay here! PS The hotel is doing renovations, ask for a room that has been redone.

Room Tip: Room 601 has a wonderful view!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SalesHIMiami, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Shvrabec,

Thank You for taking the time to review our hotel and share your experience with others. We are please you enjoyed our Brand New Guest Rooms! We will be sure to share the wonderful comments about our staff and restaurant manager Alien, we are lucky to have him here with us. We hope you will return, thank you for your business.

Doreen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Turkish first
Halifax, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

We stayed at this Holiday Inn on Feb 16 as we were going on a cruise the next day. Check in was a 20 min wait,but we had left home in a snow storm so we didn't mind the wait. The hotel was clean , beds comfy, nice lobby..but we did find a few things very disappointing. 1. My daughter wanted to apply for a certain job BEFORE we went on our cruise, in our room she tried and tried to get on the WIFI- she called down to the front desk twice for help, they said to try this and that-nothing worked. When she called a 3rd time they just said to come down to the lobby as the WIFI was ok there. Well it was after 9pm and she was in her pj's and did not want to go down to the lobby. I had also wanted to contact my family back home but I also did not want to sit in the lobby late at night. We thought WIFI was a basic especially for a Holiday inn. 2. would it kill Holiday Inn to give the customers a free continental breakfast-we would have been happy with a coffee and a croissant, but nothing -they just said to go up to the dining room on the top floor and buy a breakfast- we paid $200 a night for this hotel -it seemed cheap to us . 3. it is very close to the airport and you constantly hear the planes 4. we asked the desk clerk if we could buy wine, a book and some drugstore type items at the cruise terminal-he said YES we could, well that was wrong! once we got to the terminal and found out there was no place anywhere near it to buy these items, we had to take a taxi both ways to get them. If we had known that, we would have gone out the evening before when we had a rent a car and bought the things we needed. 4. our final bill was wrong, they forgot to charge us the $10 each for the shuttle to the cruise , so we had to get our bill amended as we wanted to get on the shuttle, I had told them when we checked in that we needed the shuttle and were told it would be added to our bill. Overall we were disappointed and expected more from a Holiday inn.

Room Tip: our room was very close to airplane noise
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
SalesHIMiami, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear Kathleenrp,

It is with our sincere apology that the hotel was not to your satisfaction. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, we value our guests feedback and will use this information to improve our hotel and services.The hotel has recently updated the Wi-Fi throughout the property, I am sorry you had difficulties throughout your stay.

Holiday Inn is a Full Service Brand of Hotels with a Restaurant & Lounge on property. Our hotel has the El Mirador restaurant and Vista Lounge located on the 9th Floor "Sky Level" and offers amazing views of the Miami City Sky Line and Miami International Airport. In the El Mirador Restaurant A "Hot" All American Breakfast Buffet is offered in addition to a large selection of Ala Carte Menu items. Please take into consideration for your next booking that the hotel has a wide variety of packages that do include Breakfast, Parking, Port of Miami Shuttle Service, and IHG Rewards Bonus Points. Please contact me for further assistance, I m at your service and it will be my pleasure to assist you.

Thank you for your business, we hope you will stay with us again.

Travelers are raving about these Miami Springs hotels

Staten Island, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

I would like to write this review to thank the executive Housekeeper Nick Gonzalez for resolve a misunderstanding and making me a very happy customer.
The story is that I booked the hotel at last minutes by phone through a central reservation service and was told breakfast is included. But find out next morning that breakfast is not included. We had the breakfast anyway and payed for it. When I was checking out, I brought it up to the Mr. Gonzalez and was not happy. Mr. Gonzalez, even it was not his fault, decided to make us happy and give us the refund for breakfast. It is not a lot of money, but it almost damaged the image of the hotel. Thank you for Mr. Gonzalez for resolve the problem with great management skill. The other staffs at the hotel are also very helpful.

Room Tip: room are large and clean
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ningting57
Dear NingTing57,

Thank you taking the time to review our property and share these wonderful comments about our Executive Housekeeping Manager Nick Gonzalez, he is a huge asset to our hotel. We are very lucky to have staff members on property like Mr. Gonzalez that have been with our hotel for several years and are available to offer their service experience to our guests.

In regards to Breakfast Holiday Inn's throughout the World are Full Service Hotels and do not offer Breakfast in the standardized rate. We do offer various packages that include a variety of amenities including Breakfast, Parking, Port of Miami Shuttle Service, and IHG Rewards Bonus Points.

Hopefully, you were able to experience the amazing views of the City Sky Line in the El Mirador Restaurant located on the 9th floor "Sky Level" it is here that the restaurant offers a "Hot" Breakfast Buffet and Full Ala Carte Menu are available.

Please let me know if you need any assistance booking your next stay here with us, it will be my pleasure to assist you. We appreciate your business, thank you for staying with us.

Bend, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel before our cruise and enjoyed it Very much!! The hotel staff were all very friendly and helpful. We liked it and stayed again when we cruised in January. The only problem we had was with Jumas cruise shuttle. We prepaid to have them pick us up after the cruise and shuttle us to the airport and they didn't arrive to pick us up. I spoke with the company and was advised to email paper work but never got reimbursed. I also spoke with them on our stay in January but still haven't heard from them. Other then that problem we will definitely stay here again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank crazylazykevin
Dear Crazy Lazy Kevin,

That's a cool screen name it goes nice with the Holiday Inn slogan Relax it's Holiday Inn. It is nice to see your enjoyed your stay. Juma's is a third party transportation company located in the Hotel's Lobby, they offer return shuttle services from Port Everglades & Port of Miami. Please contact me at the hotel, I would like to help resolve the issues you experienced with them as this is not typical.

Thank you for staying with us we appreciate your business and look forward to your next stay.

Clermont, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

Location was easy to find. Plenty of free parking. Checking in was excellent. One of the friendliest and most helpful agents ever. Bed was comfortable, and room had new 42" flat screen. Now the problems: killed 5 or 6 ants on bathroom counter. One elevator I got in wouldn't 't move. Soda machine gave me wrong soda and it was hot, morning desk agent didn't want to be bothered with it. Overall the hotel is old and needs work. Not what you expect from a Holiday Inn. More like a Days Inn or Econolodge.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Jeffrey S
SalesHIMiami, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations. Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission. We have addressed the soda machine and additional issues mentioned in your review and appreciate the feedback. We want you to know that we truly enjoy sharing our passion for our destination with visitors and want you to walk out the door feeling refreshed. If you come back to our hotel I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you directly, so please ask for me. We hope to see you again in the future and wish you the very best.

Caernarfon, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

Airport hotels suffer from more wear and tear than other hotels because they are very busy and nobody stays more than one night. The solution here is to regularly apply a new coat of paint. Our room was 'newly refurbished' which meant that the bathroom door had so many coats of paint on it that it would not close. The paint on the door hinges was thicker than the actual hinges but the carpet was old and getting very shabby. Further down the corridor, the painters were still working. The bar and restaurant on the top floor were clearly once smart, but they now have a shabby feel. We can just about say that our night was acceptable, but this hotel does not meet the standards that we normally expect from a .Holiday Inn. It is in desperate need of proper refurbishment rather than yet another coat of paint

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mike-Bucks
SalesHIMiami, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear Mike-Bucks,

Thank you for taking the time to review the property. The management team is looking into the bathroom door that presented an issue, my sincere apology. The hotel is in the process of completing a full renovation this includes new tile, carpet, wall decor, curtain & draperies, furniture, televisions, light fixtures, in addition to brand new bathrooms with state of the art showers. Our new guest rooms will also include refrigerators and microwaves in every-room. Hopefully we will see you again once the renovation has been completed, please let me know if I can of assistance with your future booking.

vancouver
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

I stayed here for two nights early January prior to a cruise.
I was allowed to check in early as I had arrived on an overnight flight from the West Coast and I was grateful for this.. While waiting for my room to be ready I had the buffet breakfast in the restaurant. Big mistake - It was stone cold.After I mentioned this to the staff I was offered an A la Carte option, eggs and a piece of ham. I was still charged the buffet price though.
The first room I was given in the non renovated part of the hotel was clean but smelled strongly of air freshener. Not sure why they had to use so much.(Possibly a smoker in the room before)?? I could not tolerate the smell and back down to guest services and they very kindly moved me to another room on the same floor.

The real problem I had with this hotel was the lack of shuttle service to local areas. Without a car you are very isolated. Most hotels these days do offer this service and I would not have minded paying a fee. I did run into a problem with the local taxis. The hotel obtained a cab for me to go to the nearest Publix to get last minute supplies and toiletries. I asked the driver if he could pick me up in an hour and he said I would have to call the company again.
Customer Service at Publix attempted to call me a cab but they were not responding to any of the numbers they called. I then called the hotel explaining the situation and asked them to call the cab for me which they said they would do. After waiting an hour and by this time it was dark and no taxi, I was very concerned about how I would get back to the hotel.
The lovely lady in Customer Service, Jackie, eventually drove me back to the hotel in her personal car.
So beware of using cabs in this area.which as I said is isolated.This issue caused me a lot of stress and I had to keep telling myself not to panic.
I would not stay n this hotel again.
The shuttle service to the port was on time and cost $10.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room
Green Features: They should not use so much air freshener as the windows could not be opened to air the room.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank MARY H
Dear CodyCharles,

Thank you for the excellent feedback, we take our guest reviews to heart and will use your review to improve the operations here at the hotel. Please let me know if I can assist with your future stay- the hotels renovation is almost complete and I would love for you to try our newly renovated rooms.

Warm Reagrds,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami Springs
Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs
Comfort Suites Miami Airport North
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Miami Airport & Intermodal Area
Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center
BEST WESTERN PLUS Miami Airport North Hotel & Suites
La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Airport East

Been to Holiday Inn Miami International Airport? Share your experiences!