“Good value and friendly staff”

Holiday Inn Miami International Airport
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Miami Springs
GreenLeadersSilver level
BBQ Creek, NC
“Good value and friendly staff”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

This is the third time we stayed a night before a cruise. Hotel is under a major renovation, but we arrived after work was done for the day and the following day was Saturday. Seems the menu has been changed from primarily depending on an overpriced buffet to a wider selection of reasonably priced items. We both had ribeyes for dinner and both were cooked right. Used the free shuttle from the airport and the $1 shuttle to the port. Waited a while at the airport, and on the port shuttle had to hang off a seat because the driver packed some extra people in that didn't make a reservation. Room was newly renovated and fine. Will most likely stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank WasCPAnowretired
SalesHIMiami, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. We are very happy to see you enjoyed the NEWLY Renovated rooms. We look forward to seeing you again and hope you had a wonderful cruise!

Doreen Latimer
Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Turkish first
Singapore
Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

We choose this because need to catch a early flight and we don't want to miss. My jaw dropped when I saw air con in the room, it is the individual window type. Never mind with old fashion air con which my house still has. But the air con is so noisy when the motor is running, it's as loud as you have a generator in your room. Better thing is, the wind only blow in one direction, so either you sleep in fridge or with hot bath. Besides generator noise, constant plane landing and take off basically we didn't sleep through. For sure, you won't miss your plane.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank carbopro
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear carbopro,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. We understand that having a comfortable stay is important and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. We are sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the noise. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Cody, Wyoming
Reviewed December 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on November 24th and parked our vehicle while we took a cruise. The night we checked in, it was sheer madness at the front desk, but the folks there handled it well. The next morning, I was greeted with a big grin from a young man named Raquan. He and Regina helped me all morning with all sorts of things ( I'm pretty needy! ) But they kept smiling and made me feel like I was their only customer! All of the employees acknowledged us with a "good morning" and the coffee at the breakfast bar was very good! We will for sure stay here when we return to the area. Raquan and Regina were instrumental in that decision.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Karla S
SalesHIMiami, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. Reviews like this make us smile too :) we are so happy to see that you enjoyed our hotel and experienced the service from our amazing staff. We hope you will return again soon- thank you for your business!

Doreen Latimer
Director of Sales & Marketing
Washington, DC
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for less than 4 hours since I had left my hotel in Miami Beach and was taking an overnight flight to South America. I stayed in building 2 in a remodeled room and it was very nice. The staff is very professional and welcoming and Marcos was wonderful in accommodating me. The hotel offers day rates which is great if you want to get a room close by the airport for a shower and to unwind before a long flight. Hotel offers free shuttle service. I also saw a shuttle from Dolphin Mall drop off guests at the hotel.

Room Tip: Choose one of the remodeled rooms but I don't know if all of building 2 has been remodeled yet b...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank AJP57
Dear AJP57,

We are pleased you liked the location and got to enjoy the many beneifits offered here like the Dolphin Mall Shuttle. We will share your review with our staff as they appreciate the wonderful comments. We hope you will return the hotel renovations are amazing. Thank you for stayig with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Kind Regards,
Gatlinburg, Tennessee
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Recently we booked a cruise leaving out of the port of Miami and decided to stay here. I frequently stay at Holiday Inns and this one was no different than the others. I feel awful that I cant remeber his name but the gentlemen at the front desk on Friday November 15th around 5 o clock was extremely curteous. After unpacking we went upstairs and had drinks and food at the bar which has a awesome view of the airport. The bartender was from St Thomas and again his name escapes me but he was awesome. We signed up for a shuttle service that takes you right in front of your cruise ship! This was one of the main reasons we decided to stay here. The shuttle left around 12 and we were there and on the ship by 1230. Next time we go on a cruise we will be staying at the Holiday Inn International Airport again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
SalesHIMiami, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear John,

It always a special treat to receive a review from an experienced traveler & Senior Contributor. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay! We will be honored to share your comments with our staff- they are amazing! The Vista Lounge is a great spot- I believe Austin was your bartender he makes the best drinks. We hope you enjoyed your cruise and will stay with us again!

Happy Holiday!
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed November 5, 2013

This is a review of the Holiday Inn located immediately NorthEast of Miami International Airport, off of Le Jeune Road.

Not to be confused with the nearby Holiday Inn Express (to the north).

Upon arrival I was warmly greeted by Cynthia at the front desk. Even though I am not an elite IHG member, she gave me a "goodie" box containing a bottled water, cookies, and chips. A nice welcoming gesture, especially after driving for several hours from Key West.

The room was more than large enough, clean and comfortable sheets.

The only two issues I had with this property:

a) My room was on the fifth floor. I had tremendous difficulty connecting to the hotel Wifi, and once connected, I would often lose signal. Upon mentioning this to the front desk the next morning, I was told that they are aware that the 5th floor has Wifi problems. The issue is that the signal from 7th floor overrides the 5th floor signal.

b) The room does not provide packets of tea as a complementary item. Complementary coffee, sugars and creamers, along with the coffee maker are all there in the room, just no tea.

After speaking with the housekeeping staff (in Spanish, to ensure no misunderstandings), I was told I'd have to go down to the lobby and purchase tea from the coffee bar. After pleading with the young lady, she gave me a packet of tea for free.

In summary, a conveniently located property with a free shuttle to all MIA terminals. Just ask to be on a floor with a strong/working WiFi signal.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We will share this with our team, we are very lucky to have Cynthia here with us. In regards to the internet we have just upgraded the entire Wi-Fi system with a brand new one that is amazing. We also appreciate the feedback on the tea and coffe selection, we will discuss this with our management team. Thank you for your business, we look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Kind Regards,
Kauai
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Close to the airport and a good restaurant.
If you happen to stay over on a weekend you might even catch the local Cuban crowd enjoying dinner and dancing.
Nice addition this time was the buffet dinner which was very reasonable at just over $20
Great views of the city and attentive staff.
The hotel is getting a bit old but renovations are being done yet it is clean and roomy. 24 hr shuttle to airport is very welcome. I left my camera at the restaurant and minutes after we got in the room I had a call from an attentive employee who tracked our room down and let me know I had left the camera on the bench seat at the table. How very considerate.

Room Tip: plan on dinner or breakfast in the Mirador restaurant.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
SalesHIMiami, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Hello Caribttourist.

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are pleased to see you had the opportunity to enjoy the dinner buffet in the restaurant the view up there is spectacular....overlooking the city skyline. Our employees will be happy to receive your feedback on the attanetive service. New and Exciting things are happening every day and our renovation will be done very soon. We hope you will return, wishing you safe travels.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami Springs
Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs
Comfort Suites Miami Airport North
Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Miami Airport & Intermodal Area
La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Airport East
BEST WESTERN PLUS Miami Airport North Hotel & Suites

Been to Holiday Inn Miami International Airport? Share your experiences!