“Good, comfortable hotel with amazing staff”

Holiday Inn Miami International Airport
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Miami Springs
GreenLeadersSilver level
Fort Worth, Texas
“Good, comfortable hotel with amazing staff”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

This is a review of the Holiday Inn located immediately NorthEast of Miami International Airport, off of Le Jeune Road.

Not to be confused with the nearby Holiday Inn Express (to the north).

Upon arrival I was warmly greeted by Cynthia at the front desk. Even though I am not an elite IHG member, she gave me a "goodie" box containing a bottled water, cookies, and chips. A nice welcoming gesture, especially after driving for several hours from Key West.

The room was more than large enough, clean and comfortable sheets.

The only two issues I had with this property:

a) My room was on the fifth floor. I had tremendous difficulty connecting to the hotel Wifi, and once connected, I would often lose signal. Upon mentioning this to the front desk the next morning, I was told that they are aware that the 5th floor has Wifi problems. The issue is that the signal from 7th floor overrides the 5th floor signal.

b) The room does not provide packets of tea as a complementary item. Complementary coffee, sugars and creamers, along with the coffee maker are all there in the room, just no tea.

After speaking with the housekeeping staff (in Spanish, to ensure no misunderstandings), I was told I'd have to go down to the lobby and purchase tea from the coffee bar. After pleading with the young lady, she gave me a packet of tea for free.

In summary, a conveniently located property with a free shuttle to all MIA terminals. Just ask to be on a floor with a strong/working WiFi signal.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
SalesHIMiami, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We will share this with our team, we are very lucky to have Cynthia here with us. In regards to the internet we have just upgraded the entire Wi-Fi system with a brand new one that is amazing. We also appreciate the feedback on the tea and coffe selection, we will discuss this with our management team. Thank you for your business, we look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Doreen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Kauai
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Close to the airport and a good restaurant.
If you happen to stay over on a weekend you might even catch the local Cuban crowd enjoying dinner and dancing.
Nice addition this time was the buffet dinner which was very reasonable at just over $20
Great views of the city and attentive staff.
The hotel is getting a bit old but renovations are being done yet it is clean and roomy. 24 hr shuttle to airport is very welcome. I left my camera at the restaurant and minutes after we got in the room I had a call from an attentive employee who tracked our room down and let me know I had left the camera on the bench seat at the table. How very considerate.

Room Tip: plan on dinner or breakfast in the Mirador restaurant.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
SalesHIMiami, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Hello Caribttourist.

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are pleased to see you had the opportunity to enjoy the dinner buffet in the restaurant the view up there is spectacular....overlooking the city skyline. Our employees will be happy to receive your feedback on the attanetive service. New and Exciting things are happening every day and our renovation will be done very soon. We hope you will return, wishing you safe travels.

Warm Regards,
Athens, Ohio
Reviewed November 1, 2013

The manager and staff are very helpful at this Holiday Inn! When discussing accommodations for myself they listened and directed me in the right direction. Very friendly and understanding! i really appreciate it!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
mrg971, General Manager at Holiday Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Miami International Airport and sharing your experience at our hotel. We are delighted to know our convenient location and customer service made your trip more enjoyable.

I remain at your service

Markos A Rivas
Columbus, Ohio, United States
Reviewed October 27, 2013

On the plane ride home is when we discovered a dozen of tiny spiders coming out of laptop keyboard! Imagine our disgust when we opened this on the plane! We made sure we unpacked in the garage everything went to the washer immediately upon our arrival home. There was also a lack of food choices around the hotel. We had to go to the airport to catch the metro rail into Bayside, but we chalked that up to a local experience. It's unfortunate that I cannot give this hotel a good rating due the excellent hotel staff and food.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
SalesHIMiami, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Yolanda,

Thank you for taking the time to share this with us. We value your feedback and this matter has my immediate attention. I have sent you a private message with my contact information to discuss this further. We appreciate your kind words about the hotel staff.

Warm Regards,

Travelers are raving about these Miami Springs hotels

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I have stayed in this particular Holiday Inn (I usually don't use this chain) several times, but twice with a month's time. Both occasions were terrific. On my way out of the country, I arrived late, and the desk clerk called me by name as I entered the lobby. How he knew it was me was a mystery. The room was clean, spacious and very comfortable, but what made this visit memorable was the free cocktails on the top floor restaurant and bar the desk clerk provided. The view is great, the people are remarkably friendly and very courteous and provided super service.

The stop coming back into the country a month later was just as good as the first, especially when the front desk offered me free breakfast because I had a slight delay waiting for the free shuttle at the airport.

Great place for a very good price.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear Mr. DJDCHGO,

Thank you for sharing your experience with others, we value your feedback and are pleased you had a wonderful stay. We appreciate your business, and are look forward to your return visit.

Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Arrived late from the airport and was just glad of a room. Reception was very friendly and check in was smooth. Had a meal and a drink at the bar before bed.Both were good and reasonably priced. Room was comfortable if a bit shabby round the edges but was adequate. Breakfast was buffet and very good.Not a top class place but clean and had all the services needed for a one night stay. The ducks were funny in the morning roaming around the car park.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
SalesHIMiami, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Dear Norman,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. We will share your wonderful comments about our staff with the hotel team. The "little" ducks are fun to watch, we are working on names but there are soo many of them. We hope you will stay with us again.

Kidderminster
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We arrived in Miami as the three days of our vacation we met some great people and had a good time , the hotel was good clean up to date with a nice pool and no noise. The staff were so helpful looking after our needs, one of the guys gave us direction of places to go and picked me up from the airport after I took my car back

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Gordon,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. We will be delighted to share your review with our hotel team. Please visit us again soon.

Doreen Latimer
Comfort Suites Miami Airport North
Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center
Best Western Plus Miami Airport North Hotel & Suites
Embassy Suites by Hilton Miami - International Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Miami International Airport? Share your experiences!