“No value for money”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Miami
“No value for money”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

This hotel almost spoiled our trip to Miami for this reason would never stay here again. Checking in times are very long and the hotel gives preferential treatment to some guest over the others. My family and I was quite distraught with the front desk personnel asking us "what do we want in a very rude manner to be a hotel establishment. The housekeeping service is also terrible 7am in the morning I heard a knock on my room door and not even 2 seconds later it was opened and I was still sleeping and I never received an apology. If your looking for peace and tranquility this is not the place

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Dear americanqueen,

We certainly appreciate you taking the time to convey your thoughts regarding your stay with us.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for not being able to deliver an exemplary service during your stay with us. This is definitely not up to our standards as we always strive to provide the best customer care. We deeply regret the inconvenience and dissatisfaction this has caused you.

We appreciate your feedback and your business. Your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for future upgrades. Despite your disappointment I do hope you will return to stay with us again at some future date when you can be assured of our very best attention.

Dhan M
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This hotel meets the basic value offering of airport hotels: it does not matter if the hotel is in bad shape since the clients will rarely return. The hotel has failed attempts at polishing the building (see picture of ceiling attached). The carpet is detaching from the floor (see pic attached).

The worse part of the stay is that there is no centralized air conditioning, but independent ACs per room. The ACs are in bad shape and it feels like having a truck or tractor in the room with you. I changed rooms twice with no luck.

The staff was helpful overall and checkout/in was quick.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Traveller123066,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments regarding our property during your recent stay. We apologize you were not fully satisfied with your accommodations during your stay. Please be assured that all comments are acted upon and used to improve the products and service we provide to our guests.

We appreciate your feedback and rest assured that it will be used for future improvements. We look forward to hosting you again.

Connie D

Travelers are raving about these Miami Springs hotels

A
Reviewed July 15, 2013

The shuttle runs every 30 mins, and its about 10 mins tp the hotel. You can hale the shuttle from outside the terminal, there are no specific signs, so I had to ask.
Its very clean, amd room was good. There is also gym and quite big pool.
I wanted to pay the night before and this resulted in so e discussion on if it was possible, it was possible, so im not sure why it was necessary to debate.
There is a cafe with good healthy fruit salad, but its not well displayed, so ypu need to look or know it is there.
I also got some pizza delivery menus under my door at about 8 pm, which might have been useful earlier due to my time difference, so you could prpbably ask at reception if you needed that.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
SalesHIMiami, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your past stay at our hotel the Holiday Inn Miami International Airport. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor and share your experience with others. We have used your feedback to improve our hotel and want to share exciting news.
In 2009 the Holiday Inn Miami International Airport was one of the first properties to re-launch the new improved IHG- Holiday Inn product here in South Florida. This included a major renovation of all public area throughout the hotel, and added new Holiday Inn Hallmarks.
In 2014 the Holiday Inn Miami International Airport renovated AGAIN...... the hotel has BRAND NEW GUEST ROOMS & SUITES. These rooms are beautifully decorated with brand new top of the line furniture, refrigerators and microwaves in every room, larger 40" flat screen televisions, new bedding, additional outlets, and new bathrooms with your choice of a traditional tub or new shower.
The Holiday Inn Miami International Airport has added value: Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the hotel and in all guest rooms, Complimentary Parking, Complimentary Transportation To/From Miami International Airport, Transportation To the Port of Miami, Signature Car Rental & Juma's Transportation Services on Property (3rd parties), and on-site 24 Hour Lobby Cafe & Room Service, Our Famous Vista Lounge (formerly the Tree Top) with Live Salsa Music on Saturday Nights & Salsa Dance Lessons on Sundays, and my favorite our El Mirador Restaurant with amazing views is located on the 9th floor "Sky Level" the 360 degree view of the City Sky Line will take your breath away.
Looking to book a meeting we have over 3,000 sq feet of flexible meeting space. Our talented culinary staff can cater any event from Weddings to Corporate Events for information about our Meeting & Catering Services and Availability contact catering@himiaia.com.
Please let us know if you need any assistance with future reservations. We would love to have you stay here with us. You can contact our reservations team at reservations@himiaia.com. Thank you for staying with us we appreciate your business.

Doreen Latimer
Director of Sales & Marketing
Espoo, Finland
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I was staying one night at this aiport hotel while transiting in Miami. It was a great rest between the flights. The room was big, the breakfast was excellent and the portions were huge and I enjoyed the gym. Service at this hotel was excellent, could not be any better. The only thing that bothered me was that the airconiditioner in the room was very loud. If I swicthed it off or to a smaller volume, the temperature in the room became too warm (even at night). This is an old hotel, and thus not as polished as most other Holiday Inns I have been to - but in this short visit I was not even looking for the luxury.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
SalesHIMiami, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Thank you, for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. We will share this with our employees. In regards to the air condition this is great feedback, I will have it looked at today. If ever you need assistance in returning please let me know if I can be of service.

Doreen
Panama City, Panama
Reviewed July 10, 2013

If you do not like old hotels.. do not stay here. It is an airport hotel with the basics you need. That's It. The cleanliness of the rooms was fine (although we found dust at the windows), but the room was cleaned well every day. What we found excellent and always helpful was the Front Desk staff. They will help you and make your stay comfortable. Be aware you are near the airport and you will here the noise of the planes.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Eric F,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us. Our staff always goes out of their way to be helpful and attentive to the guests and we are glad that you enjoyed their hospitality. It was unfortunate to see your stay was not as comfortable as it could have been due to the noise and the condition of our hotel. Rest assured that we take all comments and suggestions to heart so that we can improve and provide the exceptional service that our guests expect and deserve.

Once again, thank you for your thoughtful comments. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you again in the future.

Karen C
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Clean, efficient and friendly hotel. Has a restaurant right opposite. Would recommend if you have to transit in Miami for just one night. It is a bit expensive but esp good if you are travelling with family and dont want to take chances on safety etc.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Doreen Latimer
Director of Sales & Marketing
Lynn Haven, FL
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I had called the Holiday Inn reservation line and booked a King Leisure Room, as is specified in my Platinum Member Preference with Holiday Inn. When I arrived, the desk clerk insisted that I stay in a double room, which I refused. He was trying to explain to me how much nicer the double room was than the King. ?? He also made some comment about wanting to keep me in this building. Apparently there was some reason for me not to stay in the 2nd building. We ended up settling, since it was late, on a Handicapped king room. This was not what I expected. The bathroom sink was by itself and did not have much room to unpack my shaving kit. Also the room did not have a desk/work area. I've stayed at this hotel for 10+ years and am very disappointed in the way I felt treated by the desk clerks.

The next morning I complained when checking out and was told by that desk clerk that she preferred the handicapped rooms. ?? I was through trying to work with them, so I just left. I'm disappointed that I didn't let the manager know that it's not what the clerks want, but it's what the customer wants that matters. I wonder why I receive so many requests to fill out surveys, but when there is an issue I never seem to get one.

Breakfast buffet was quite good and complimentary for Priority Club Gold and above.

I probably will find another place to stay in Miami.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Dear Chiliburger340,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us and regret the room you received did not live up to your expectations. I have also taken note of your comments regarding the level of service you received from our Front Desk staff. Rest assured that the points you've raised will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly.

Joel B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami Springs
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Miami Airport East
Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs
Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center
Comfort Suites Miami Airport North
Best Western Plus Miami Airport North Hotel & Suites
Hyatt Place Miami Airport East

Been to Holiday Inn Miami International Airport? Share your experiences!