“Perfectly good hotel for overnight stay”

Holiday Inn Miami International Airport
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Miami Springs
GreenLeadersSilver level
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Perfectly good hotel for overnight stay”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Having read some bad reviews (dirty rooms etc) I was a little wary of this hotel but we had club points to spend so we stayed. I was not sorry. The room was large, comfortable (2 queen beds and a huge armchair and desk etc) and clean. We had an excellent dinner in the top floor restaurant. It was very convenient to get to and from the Rental Car Centre and had a large car park. Breakfast was OK, not up to same standard as dinner. There was an option of light breakfast at the groundfloor cafe.
Air-con was a little noisy (as we found in most places), but it was January so we just turned it off.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank happysailors
mrg971, General Manager at Holiday Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind words and constructive critism of our hotel, we take all of our guest's feedback and review it with our staff to improve on our services and ammenities.

I remain at your service

Markos A Rivas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Turkish first
OKC
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Stayed here with another couple in late January, 2013.

The good: It's close to the airport and the freeway.

The bad: It's close to the airport and the freeway.

This room may have had the worst noise insulation of any hotel I have ever stayed at. We were four floors up and it sounded like we were next to the street. I tried to run the air conditioner fan to drown out the noise, but the fan can't be controlled independently.

Whoever designed the rooms put the outlets so far behind the bed, you have to pull the mattress out a foot to access them.

The mattresses were last replaced probably in the 70's. Terrible.

And to top it off, in the morning the toilets all clogged up!

Ate at the restaurant on the top floor, it was just OK.

Summary: Loud, uncomfortable, clogged toilets.

Go elsewhere unless you enjoy these things.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Shawn G
Dear Guest,

We have received your comments and we have reviewed them with our operations team to ensure that this kind of plumbing issues are taken care off timely as they get reported. Our rooms are equiped with double glass windows for additional insulation. I am sorry you were disturbed by the outside noise during your stay, a simple call to the front desk would have resulted in a room change to ensure your stay was comfortable. Our staff and our management team is committed to providing excellent service to our guests and if we fail to do so during your recent stay I apologize for your experience.

If you would give me the opportunity to make this right for you, please e mail me at : markos@himiaia.com so we can discuss further.

I remain at your service

Markos A Rivas

Travelers are raving about these Miami Springs hotels

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I stay in this hotel after a long trip, and was surprise to find this neat and knowledgeable server that walk me trough the menu and help me with my meal decision. Buffet was neat with a large selection and affordable price. overall breakfast was a real good start for my trip.
Thank you guys, and keep the good.work.
James.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
SalesHIMiami, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your past stay at our hotel the Holiday Inn Miami International Airport. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor and share your experience with others. We have used your feedback to improve our hotel and want to share exciting news.
In 2009 the Holiday Inn Miami International Airport was one of the first properties to re-launch the new improved IHG- Holiday Inn product here in South Florida. This included a major renovation of all public area throughout the hotel, and added new Holiday Inn Hallmarks.
In 2014 the Holiday Inn Miami International Airport renovated AGAIN...... the hotel has BRAND NEW GUEST ROOMS & SUITES. These rooms are beautifully decorated with brand new top of the line furniture, refrigerators and microwaves in every room, larger 40" flat screen televisions, new bedding, additional outlets, and new bathrooms with your choice of a traditional tub or new shower.
The Holiday Inn Miami International Airport has added value: Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the hotel and in all guest rooms, Complimentary Parking, Complimentary Transportation To/From Miami International Airport, Transportation To the Port of Miami, Signature Car Rental & Juma's Transportation Services on Property (3rd parties), and on-site 24 Hour Lobby Cafe & Room Service, Our Famous Vista Lounge (formerly the Tree Top) with Live Salsa Music on Saturday Nights & Salsa Dance Lessons on Sundays, and my favorite our El Mirador Restaurant with amazing views is located on the 9th floor "Sky Level" the 360 degree view of the City Sky Line will take your breath away.
Looking to book a meeting we have over 3,000 sq feet of flexible meeting space. Our talented culinary staff can cater any event from Weddings to Corporate Events for information about our Meeting & Catering Services and Availability contact catering@himiaia.com.
Please let us know if you need any assistance with future reservations. We would love to have you stay here with us. You can contact our reservations team at reservations@himiaia.com. Thank you for staying with us we appreciate your business.

Warm Regards,
Doreen Latimer
Director of Sales & Marketing
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We (three adults) stayed for one night at the Holiday Inn before boarding the cruise ship the next day. We found the staff to be very friendly and pleasant. The rooms are adequate for a one-night stay. There is a restaurant in the hotel which we didn't use. There is a Burger King across the highway and another take-out beside it (sorry, forgot its name) which makes very good roasted chicken.
There is a regular free shuttle from and to the airport. The hotel has also a shuttle to the port of Miami at a nominal cost of $ 1 per guest. We will definitely use the Holiday Inn the next time we take a cruise from Miami.
This is another matter which concerns the Holiday Inn hotel chain in general. After making our reservations directly with the hotel by phone, we were redirected to the Holiday Inn Club Vacations which seems to be in the business of selling time shares in various locations in the US. At the other end of the phone was a fast talking, cheerful lady and before we knew it, we had forked out $200 (non-refundable) for the privilege of buying some time share , which we had never wanted.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank AraChal
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear AraChal,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We had a great experience at this hotel. We only spent one night but they accommodations were exceptional. They have a reasonably priced restraint and bar on the property so there was no need to go out elsewhere for dinner.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed February 1, 2013

This was my second time staying at this hotel. I only returned because everything else in the area was sold out or exorbitant in high season. Both times I will say that the front desk staff were friendly, as many others have noted in their reviews. There is a very nice view of downtown or the airport from the upper floors. Beyond this, I cannot write very much good about this old and worn property. Here are three aspects of my stay which left much to be desired:
1. The shuttle van. Do not ride it if you are in a hurry. Going both directions of my round-trip, the shuttle took a meandering route past some rental apartments. When you are weary from travel and craving a shower and bed, those extra 10 or 12 minutes make a difference. At the other hotels in the area, the shuttle trip is faster. Moreover, the driver put me in a mild panic on the way from the airport, because I asked if this was the Holiday Inn North of the airport off Le Jeune and he said "No -- 1111 Royal Poinciana - Miami International Airport". Fortunately I got on board anyway. I thought this was the right one but could not remember the address off the top of my head. I looked it up on Google Maps later, and my description was dead-on. The driver should have known this. Of course, in Miami you are frequently dealing with a language barrier. Lastly, the ride is loud and jostling. How about some shock absorbers, please.
2. The air conditioning units. Loud as hell. Enough said.
3. The breakfast place. Someone wrote that the buffet was $8.95 -- well, now it is $11.95. I took one look and it was not very appetizing so I ordered off the menu. My plate of eggs arrived with a long hair on the plate. I did not send it back because I had a plane to catch, but -- yuck. Any cook or server who take pride in their work or care about the diner's experience would never miss something like that. On top of everything, gratuity (15 or 18%, I don't remember) was included. I absolutely hate this -- it ensures that the staff don't have to make any effort at all which apparently they do not.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank krepki
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear krepki,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. I’d like to obtain some additional details regarding your experience, so I have sent you a private message.

I look forward to hear from you and be of further assistance.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare
Dallas, Texas, United States
Reviewed January 29, 2013

This is a hotel located rght across from Miami Airport. Near restaurants and great location. The rooms are big but aged, it does need some work, but the Staff is super and so is the Bar staff located on the 9th Floor with a superb view of Miami Airport. Saturday and Sunday night dance the night away to some great Salsa music and dancing. The drinks are very cheaply priced. This Hotel is very close to SW 8th St and Little Habana. Folks this is not a bad Hotel to spend a couple of nights at and the price most of the time is very low.

Room Tip: Try to stay in the Main Building, alsoA ask for a corner room in the Main Building they are the bigg...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Airport East
EB Hotel Miami Airport
EB Hotel Miami Airport
#1 of 16 in Miami Springs

Been to Holiday Inn Miami International Airport? Share your experiences!