“Decent hotel with not so great location”

Holiday Inn Miami International Airport
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Miami Springs
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights at Holiday In Miami International Airport. I was given a room on the ground floor. Upon check in, I was afraid that the housekeeping staff will be too loud for my liking, since their staff cafeteria was just across my room. However, I was pleasantly surprised that I couldn't hear them once the room door was closed.

Wifi access was fast but spotty at times. The bathroom had all the essential amenities. The bed was quite comfortable, but the AC/Heater unit was way too loud. I'm an easy sleeper, but this unit (which was located just under the windows) was in need of some major upgrade.

Complimentary breakfast was served on the top floor and it offered a great view. You could even see the new Marlins stadium. Food was decent, but the service was spotty. I had to ask several times for a server to give me a mug for coffee. I also had to ask them for cutleries.

Front desk service was not what I've expected from Holiday Inn. Perhaps because it was very busy or perhaps I just had a bad day, but they made us wait quite a while before we could check in. Once checked in, they gave me a magnetic key that did not work with my room door. I went back to the front desk and they asked me to wait again. Unacceptable.

I asked for direction on how to get around and what is around. The front desk staff seemed impatient and not very helpful. I understand that it might have sounded 'strange' and 'naive' for them to hear such question, but they need to understand that I'm from out of town and I'm not even aware whether a car is essential or not if I stay in this location. Of course the staff didn't say anything she shouldn't have, but I could sense a 'you don't know that? are you kidding me?' type of attitude with her responses.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2013

Dear scorpy_lin,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and providing feedback. I am pleased to know that you were satisfied with your room accommodations. I apologize for the unusual service you received during your stay. I have taken note of your comments and we will address these points to improve upon our service. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty.

Irish V.
Case Manager
IHGCare

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Miami International Airport

Reviewed December 17, 2012

I booked this hotel room via priceline, the day after my cruise as a place to take a nap for a few hours before my flight at night.

Rooms were old, but clean. The bed was fine and well worth the $80 i paid. Also, there is a free shuttle to/from the airport every 30 minutes. There is also a shuttle to cruise ports...but not sure how much that costs as I took a cab.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 12, 2012

My wife and I returned from our Cruise early that morning and thanks to Carla Feijos the hotel manager we were able to check into our hotel room early without and addition charge. Very clean and quite hotel. Everyone was very polite. Easy acces to airport. I say promote Carla soon...Thanks Holiday Inn...Special thanks again to Carla Feijos.

Ray and Sarah B.
Phoenix AZ

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I was booked initially at a LaQuinta months in advance for our family of 5 to stay before our cruise. After 2 days of driving we arrived exhausted and LaQuinta refused us because there were 5 of us even though we were booked for all 5 and my reservation print out said 5 guest. My husband, 3 kids and I had no place to go and didn't know the area. Every place we called was booked solid. Then we called this Holiday Inn and the wonderful lady I spoke with said she could accommodate the 5 of us.

When we arrived she had our room ready and told us we were able to park our vehicle for the 7 day cruise and they offered a shuttle to the port for $1.00 per person. What a relief! The room was comfortable, spacious and clean. This hotel also offered a lounge & restaurant on the top floor with a great view, a coffee bar and deli style eatery were located in the lobby. The staff was the best & the price was right. It was a great place to stay pre cruise and we will definitely be staying here when we come to Miami for our next cruise.

Thank you Holiday Inn for your hospitality!

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

this is a moderate hotel, location is great but no pretty. it's located in a very busy intersection, of a ruff neighborhood. Access To airport and rental car is the best, I think there is only one more other hotel so close. Moderate stay with NO free breakfast like many holiday inn. there is a small cafe in the lobby where water cost is 3 dollar, empanadas 3/5 dollars, 5 dollar for Gatorade, and juices almost 4, so very expensive cafe. room is very clean, but it feel old and the shades are great blocking the sun, but not cute, I think that is why it feels old. Nice city view if you stay in a high floor, I was in floor 8. Friendly check in and fast. Excellent fast Internet connection at any floor, that is huge! small gym, and nice pool. overall is good, I will stay again at any time.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Very close to airport with shuttle bus which was more than happy to take us back to airport for hire car next morning. Getting shuttle bus was a bit of a lottery late at night in the dark but once hailed driver was extremely helpful. Food in restaurant was more than adequate and breakfast was good. Rooms adequate, clean but 'very tired' and in need of decoration For one night it was ok

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank myownrutlandUK
Reviewed November 26, 2012

My wife and i stayed here for 1 night en route to Jamaica and had a very good nights sleep as we didn't arrive till 9pm and left at 6am.
The airport shuttle was outside when we left the airport and within 15 minutes we were greeted at the hotel reception very efficiently(also got a welcome box containing water,crisps and biscuits)
and were in our room with 5 minutes.We had a smoking room as requested on the 1st floor and it was large,well equipped,very clean and overlooked the very inviting swimming pool.
All in all a good nights sleep and we would not hesitate to return to this hotel.
Excellent friendly staff

Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs
Comfort Suites Miami Airport North
Best Western Plus Miami Airport North Hotel & Suites
La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Airport East

Been to Holiday Inn Miami International Airport? Share your experiences!