“Holiday Inn saved my vacation!”

Holiday Inn Miami International Airport
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Miami Springs
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Holiday Inn saved my vacation!”
Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

I was booked initially at a LaQuinta months in advance for our family of 5 to stay before our cruise. After 2 days of driving we arrived exhausted and LaQuinta refused us because there were 5 of us even though we were booked for all 5 and my reservation print out said 5 guest. My husband, 3 kids and I had no place to go and didn't know the area. Every place we called was booked solid. Then we called this Holiday Inn and the wonderful lady I spoke with said she could accommodate the 5 of us.

When we arrived she had our room ready and told us we were able to park our vehicle for the 7 day cruise and they offered a shuttle to the port for $1.00 per person. What a relief! The room was comfortable, spacious and clean. This hotel also offered a lounge & restaurant on the top floor with a great view, a coffee bar and deli style eatery were located in the lobby. The staff was the best & the price was right. It was a great place to stay pre cruise and we will definitely be staying here when we come to Miami for our next cruise.

Thank you Holiday Inn for your hospitality!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

this is a moderate hotel, location is great but no pretty. it's located in a very busy intersection, of a ruff neighborhood. Access To airport and rental car is the best, I think there is only one more other hotel so close. Moderate stay with NO free breakfast like many holiday inn. there is a small cafe in the lobby where water cost is 3 dollar, empanadas 3/5 dollars, 5 dollar for Gatorade, and juices almost 4, so very expensive cafe. room is very clean, but it feel old and the shades are great blocking the sun, but not cute, I think that is why it feels old. Nice city view if you stay in a high floor, I was in floor 8. Friendly check in and fast. Excellent fast Internet connection at any floor, that is huge! small gym, and nice pool. overall is good, I will stay again at any time.

• Stayed November 2012
Oakham, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Very close to airport with shuttle bus which was more than happy to take us back to airport for hire car next morning. Getting shuttle bus was a bit of a lottery late at night in the dark but once hailed driver was extremely helpful. Food in restaurant was more than adequate and breakfast was good. Rooms adequate, clean but 'very tired' and in need of decoration For one night it was ok

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank myownrutlandUK
Leicester England
Reviewed November 26, 2012

My wife and i stayed here for 1 night en route to Jamaica and had a very good nights sleep as we didn't arrive till 9pm and left at 6am.
The airport shuttle was outside when we left the airport and within 15 minutes we were greeted at the hotel reception very efficiently(also got a welcome box containing water,crisps and biscuits)
and were in our room with 5 minutes.We had a smoking room as requested on the 1st floor and it was large,well equipped,very clean and overlooked the very inviting swimming pool.
All in all a good nights sleep and we would not hesitate to return to this hotel.
Excellent friendly staff

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Arroyo Grande, California, United States
Reviewed November 12, 2012

When we called to change our reservations they were very friendly & helpful. They accommodated our change in plans & made sure everything went smoothly. Trisha the manager was extremely helpfully and did what was necessary to keep a guest happy. We would defiantly stay with them again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Queretaro, Mexico
Reviewed November 2, 2012

The hotel is OK, but the windows are closed shut, so the air quality in the rooms is terrible. Really humid, stale rooms. I was travelling with a group of ten people, all their rooms had the same problem. We all developed allergies and it almost ruined our trip. I really hope they do something about this soon.

Room Tip: Not for people with allergies!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Emma L,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback. I am happy to know that you found our location convenient and staff service commendable. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations especially with the room accommodations you were given. I have taken note of your comments and I appreciate them as this is our best resource of improving guest satisfaction.

Once again, many thanks for your review.

Regards,

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Miami Springs hotels

Trinidad
Reviewed November 1, 2012

My husband and myself were directed to this hotel via AA after they put us through a hellish experience after we returned from our honeymoon.
We arrived at this hotel a couple of hours before check in time and we were greeted nicely and the man at the front desk tried to locate a comfortable room for us with a king size bed. This was a relief since we were exhausted. I liked the size of the room and found it very accommodating. The bathroom could be a little cleaner but I am very particular about bathrooms, I did not find any hair on the floor so that was a plus.
Didn't have much food choices, however for dinner the view from the restaurant on the upper floor is really breathtaking for this hotel it is one of the nicest things.
However the elevators really need some work there is a bit of time delay in the response and sometimes the elevator I chose did not even work so they could try to update that.
I also liked that there was a shuttle taking you to dolphin mall costing only 10 bucks a person round trip where as a taxi cost 30 bucks one way.
I also had a good experience with the shuttle driver who brought us to the hotel he was very courteous.
For swimmers the pool is very deep...so you may enjoy it after a long day, my husband did.
Overall, the location was nice but with some adjustments and renovations this could be a great hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Comfort Suites Miami Airport North
Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center
Best Western Plus Miami Airport North Hotel & Suites
Embassy Suites by Hilton Miami - International Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Miami International Airport? Share your experiences!