Holiday Inn Miami International Airport
ClarionHotels
$107
ComfortSuites
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $126/night.

$80
$67
SleepInn
$102
$90
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $104/night.

$130
$119
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
$81
EB Hotel Miami Airport(Miami Springs)
$155
  • Pool
$82
$77
HIExpress.com
$80
$109
Travelocity
All reviewsstayed at the holiday innmiami international airporthotel restaurantnice poolroom was clean and comfortablestayed one nightcruise terminalfree parkingcomplimentary breakfastper personpre cruiseronaldconvenience
Reviewed November 2, 2012

The hotel is OK, but the windows are closed shut, so the air quality in the rooms is terrible. Really humid, stale rooms. I was travelling with a group of ten people, all their rooms had the same problem. We all developed allergies and it almost ruined our trip. I really hope they do something about this soon.

Room Tip: Not for people with allergies!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Dear Emma L,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback. I am happy to know that you found our location convenient and staff service commendable. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations especially with the room accommodations you were given. I have taken note of your comments and I appreciate them as this is our best resource of improving guest satisfaction.

Once again, many thanks for your review.

Regards,

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed November 1, 2012

My husband and myself were directed to this hotel via AA after they put us through a hellish experience after we returned from our honeymoon.
We arrived at this hotel a couple of hours before check in time and we were greeted nicely and the man at the front desk tried to locate a comfortable room for us with a king size bed. This was a relief since we were exhausted. I liked the size of the room and found it very accommodating. The bathroom could be a little cleaner but I am very particular about bathrooms, I did not find any hair on the floor so that was a plus.
Didn't have much food choices, however for dinner the view from the restaurant on the upper floor is really breathtaking for this hotel it is one of the nicest things.
However the elevators really need some work there is a bit of time delay in the response and sometimes the elevator I chose did not even work so they could try to update that.
I also liked that there was a shuttle taking you to dolphin mall costing only 10 bucks a person round trip where as a taxi cost 30 bucks one way.
I also had a good experience with the shuttle driver who brought us to the hotel he was very courteous.
For swimmers the pool is very deep...so you may enjoy it after a long day, my husband did.
Overall, the location was nice but with some adjustments and renovations this could be a great hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sheens311
Reviewed October 28, 2012

This hotel had a makeover! Could not get over the fact that they painted over peeling paint? Bathroom appeared clean initially but found long black hairs in toilet and shower.
There was a party on top floor and I was two floors down, could not get to sleep until the party ceased at midnight, so a lot less sleep than I had hoped for.
The only plus for this hotel is the staff, they were great!
Unfortunately will not be staying here again and will advise others to avoid

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 26, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at numerous hotels and I have to say that this has been the worst so far. We were told that because we booked our room through Priceline that we had to stay in a smoking room. (What hotel still allows smoking in there rooms?) As soon as we stepped off the elevator onto our floor, it reeked of smoke. When we got to our room it too reeked of smoke and some sort of nasty disinfectant they had used to try to mask the smoke smell. Needless to say now everything we brought with us (clothes) stinks like smoke!! It is absolutely disgusting. We pretty much begged the manager to find us another room, but they were no help! Stay here at your own risk!!

Room Tip: Book at another hotel! Spend a few extra bucks because it will be well worth it!!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stephanie H
mrg971, General Manager at Holiday Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Dear Guest,

We had previosly responded to your complaint though Guest Relations and through your booking agent, we did agree that your booking agent made your reservation for a smoking king size room. Our hotel was sold out during your stay and we had no available rooms to provide you with a room change. We do apologize for your experience , and as a none smoker I can udnerstand your reaction to being on a smoking floor. I will like to also advise you to double check when booking with a third party like Priceline as they don't guarantee bed type of smoking preference, and this can be very misleading and confusing to the guest.

Markos A Rivas

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Booked two nights, one before a flight to Barbados and one coming home from Barbados a week apart. We booked through American Airlines, not directly through the hotel and paid in full. Upon arrival at the hotel, they did not have our reservation. I produced a copy of the confirmation we had and that still did not get us a room immediately. The first lady who took the confirmation from us "disappeared" to the back room leaving us to stand at the counter for what seemed like ages. Then a man came out however did nothing and FINALLY he came back to say we had a room. The issue seemed to be that we went through a third party to make the reservation and they had not communicated with the third party [AA]. While there I gave the man a copy of the return confirmation and he assured us there would be a reservation. Considering the flight from Barbados was delayed and we arrived after midnight it was good there was a reservation. The lady who was there this time demanded to see a copy of the confirmation showing we had prepaid [even though we'd already given them a copy of the confirmation] and was very abrupt and rude. We asked if the stay was going to be recorded in our Priority Club account and she said no because it was booked through a third party. We were tired and wanted a room and this sent us over the edge, so now we were arguing about whether or not this was really a Holiday Inn. Finally she gave us the room keys and we were done for the night. On the courtesy trip from the hotel to the airport both stays the driver made a detour to pick up other people at another location which confused us. When I looked at other reviews on Tripadvisor I finally saw one that expressed the same confusion, it would be very helpful if the driver could just let us know there was a detour and then we wouldn't be concerned. Overall the room is fine for a one night stay at the airport, the hotel staff are the worst customer service people I have experienced in a long time and the hotel does not represent the Holiday Inn image/reputation. We will be letting Holiday Inn know as well. My suggestion would be to avoid this location if at all possible.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Connie C
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Dear Connie C,

Thank you for posting a review of our property. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring the matter of the front desk and the shuttle service to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience caused you. We will follow up with the appropriate department to ensure that similar incidents won't happen again.

Connie D