“A convienant place to stay”

Holiday Inn Miami International Airport
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Miami Springs
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 8, 2012

My wife and I travelled from Australia to spend nearly 2 months in the Caribbean and the US and chose this Hotel as it was close to the airport and as we were arriving late at night it would suite. Unfortunately the free transfers they offer do not cover any arrivals after midnight so we had to catch a cab. We checked in OK and settled in for a good sleep after nearly 30 hours travelling. The room was not 5 star but very confortable and clean. The breakfast provided was listed as a continental but we found it more than that. It was a very filling meal with a wide variety of cereals muffins and waffels available. The courtesy bus driver was very obligling and dropped us to a local shopping center as well as taking us back to the airport to meet our friends when they arrived. We did not mind the tips we gave him as it was worth it. This hotel is well located for the airport but not if you are planning any day tours as all the companies will not pickup from this area. We used the hotel twice during our visit to Miami and although the locality was not good for tours the area was very nice with many restaurants around. The staff were very friendly and helpfull. Was a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors are better as this hotel is near a freeway and the noise is loud at times...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
SalesHIMiami, Manager at Holiday Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. The shuttle is 24 hours, we will address the issue after mid-night with the drivers. We sincerely appreciate your comments about our staff, which we will happily share with them. We hope you will return to us in the future.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

We stayed here as our complimentary hotel from American Airlines since our flight was cancelled and not due for the next day. The hotel staff were friendly but could not say that about the room. Bad damp odour and an air con machine that was so loud I couldn't have a conversation with my wife who was sitting next to me. If given the choice I would not be staying here again, even if it was free.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review of our property. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced at our hotel. We appreciate the nice comments regarding our hotel staff. It will be my pleasure to share this positive feedback with our team. I have sent you a private message to obtain additional information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Booked this hotel as a last minute choice for an overnight stay in Miami. Used priceline to book 2.5 star hotel.

We pulled into the hotel after midnight to check in. We were exhausted after a long 7 hour ride. There were 6 families in line in front of us and only one person working the front desk. Apparently a flight was cancelled and an airport shuttle had just dropped off lots of people with a voucher for an overnight stay. We checked in and asked about breakfast. The lady informed us that breakfast would be served on floor 9, but since we used priceline, breakfast would not be included in our stay. I've never heard of a rule like this.

We were finally waited on and were assigned a room 627. We went up the elevator and figured out that 627 isn't even in the same building. We had to come back down the elevator and walk to an old outdated version of the building and go up again. There were actually people sitting outside the rooms in our hallway. I'm not sure why or what they were doing there. One of them was surfing the Internet on a laptop.

We got to our room and it smelled just like cigarette smoke. This hotel still allows smoking inside the rooms I guess? The tv wouldn't work. It has sound but no picture. We called the front desk but since it was already 1am, we just told them not to send anyone. The shower curtain had black mold all over it. Nasty and Gross.

This hotel is very old and outdated. It is in need of a major update. I don't know if the rooms in the first building are better, but our room was pretty bad. I would not stay here no matter what.

We stayed at the Comfort Suites Miami Springs and the Springhill suites Miami airport. Both of these hotels were 100 times better than Holiday Inn and around the same exact price. We were unlucky with our priceline outcome this time. Take my advice and don't let it happen to you.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear AmandaKaye79,

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed September 13, 2012

I thought that service overall of this Holiday Inn was fantastic. Very polite, outgoing and energetic staff made my stay very relaxed and enjoyable. Very well maintained property as well. Will definetely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank jorge0127

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We sincerely appreciate your comments on the level of service received from our staff, which we will happily share with them. We hope you will return to us in the future.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

I stayed here twice during my travel via the Miami International Airport to South Amercia. It is located about 1 mile from the airport, and is affordable and comforable with an excellent restaurant for breakfast or dinner. There is a free 24 hour airport shuttle to and from the hotel. When in transit again in Miami, I will use this hotel. And considering is close to the airport, the hotel was very quiet.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room at the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank LCplus
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I'll be entirely honest with this review. It's an airport hotel and for that it meets the expectations exactly, it's a place for a one night stay and that's what it offers. It's an older building and almost everything in it seems to be there since the hotel opened its doors the first time, outdated but still functional.

The beds are comfortable, the shower is very good and the price is just right. Plus everyone is very friendly and ready to help, excellent service.

Also, it offers airport shuttle every half hour, 24-7, for the guests, no extra charge. Very helpful and they'll drop you at the right spot for your airline in Miami Int. Airport (if you know the place you know that is a BIG help).

If you're looking for a hotel airport, in other words, a place to spend the night while waiting for your flight, it's PERFECT. I definitely recommend it if you have a long wait ahead of you in the airport. But it's not a hotel for you if you want to spend time in Miami or if you're looking for luxury.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We arrived at the airport two days before our cruise; we intended on staying at a decent hotel. The room was VERY clean, but everything else was not good. The hotel on the 9th floor was nice but the waiter did not understand English very well. My husband's food was very salty, I asked that it be taken back and give him a steak, which was really good that I had, but he said ok and never bought the steak. The prices are not expensive but not cheap either.

There is a burger king across the street of a very busy and dangerous intersection. Next to that is Tropical pollio, love that restaurant!!!!!

They have a shuttle, so I called the front desk and asked if they could take us to a local restaurant and was told about a really nice restaurant that was close and that the shuttle would take us; I get downstairs with my husband and parents and ask the van driver, he said yes he could after the front desk ok'd it. I asked the lady at the desk and she said yes.... Then the man next to her said NO!!!!!! Needless to say, we took the shuttle back to the aurport and rented a car.

We travel all the time and I never do reviews but I'm starting now!

This hotel would be acceptable for an one day stay or just a quick overnight when you only need a bed to lay your head.

One more thing, the hotel has two sides.... The "old" side where we stayed only has one SLOW elevator. To top it off, someone kept pressing the buttons for all the floors!

• Stayed: August 2012

We are sorry that we were not able to provide you a better quality of service. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. This is not a typical experience here at the Holiday Inn. We will be working with the food and beverage team to address the issue you listed. We are fortunate to have a bi-lingual staff that speaks Spanish, English, Portuguese, and French given the geographical location and proximity to one of the largest international airport in the country MIA. In regards to the shuttle service we take your concerns to heart and will be discussing your review with our drivers and front office team. Thank you again for your review we appreciate your time.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami Springs
1 mi away
Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs
1 mi away
Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center

Been to Holiday Inn Miami International Airport? Share your experiences!