“Nice stay at MIA”

Holiday Inn Miami International Airport
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Miami Springs
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Holiday Inn MIA Airport is a good place to stay. If you have a car it's easy to reach Miami Downtown by many expressways. If you like to watch planes go to the restaurant and you'll have a nice view of the airport!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Frederico C

Reviewed June 25, 2012

The staff at this hotel was really geared toward the customer. Upon check in the clerk at the desk overheard my husband and myself talking about the fact that our flight did not leave until 8 pm the next night. She offered us s deal to stay in our room and have a late checj out of 6 pm for only $44 extra. I never imagined that would be possible. I thought we would be wondering around a strange busy city with the chance of getting lost. It was great. And a secure feeling. Also, our waitress in their cafe was great to my grandson. She made him her specialty chocolate milk with whipped cream. Everyone was really nice here. We did not leave the next day, just hung aound the hote, it alieved stress in our vacation. We enjoyed the pool all to ourseves.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I had to stay 1 night near the airport due to late arrival and early departure in the morning. This hotel is clean, has a 24/7 shuttle service and check in. If you want luxury, skip this hotel. It is okay, but has seen better days I suspect. For a one night stay it was certainly good enough.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank SophiaHolland
Reviewed April 16, 2012

earm and welcoming to the business traveller in flute of apparent large #s of cruise bound guests Normally don't eat dinner in HI but their rest/bar had unexpectedly tasty food at reasonable prices and rocked w Cubanusic and dancing on a Sun nite! met the trumpet player in the elevator -cool dude Receptionist super helpful
only criticism : needs some physical
updating bathtub in room chipped surface and hall carpeting appeared tired
yes I would come back!

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank theAdog56
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Stayed here on March 31, 2012. Was traveling with my wife, sister and brother in law prior to a cruise. They were more than happy to help you in any way possible. My wife and I flew to Miami, sister and brother in law drove. We were pleased that the hotel would allow them to leave their vehicle there for the week we were cruising and besides, they provided a low cost ($1.00) shuttle to the cruise port. The room was pretty standard, but clean and comfortable. They had a snack bar off the lobby that made sandwiches and had breakfast items. I will stay there again when cruising from the Port of Miami!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank afyrfytr
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Thanks to American Airlines (AA) and their "maintenance problems" we missed our flight and became one of their statistics which caused us to remain overnight courtesy of their stupid "vouchers." We were given a voucher from AA to stay at the Holiday Inn. Ya' know, one would actually think of a good image when mentioned "Holiday Inn" but such was not the case. First off, the shuttle driver was obnoxious and rude to the passengers. I almost had to display my credentials just to get him to speak in lower tones and respectful manner. The hotel is located in a place that if i was a movie director, I'd film my next "scareface generations" movie. Upon entering, the receptionist was indfferent with no trace of customer service to be found. The small cafeteria gave the impression that it was closed since the lights were off but when i asked the girl (Jenny) exasperatingly said "yeah."..naturally the food vouchers only pay a fraction of what the items really cost. The food was terrble and the sandwhcihes were cold. When we entered the room, I could've sworn that it was previously a crime scene. The room smelled awful and gave me the impression of the song "hotel California" where I felt i could check out anytime i wanted but could never leave. The bathroom-dirty and not even the simple toiletries were availble for the AA-stranded traveler. Bottom line- Holiday Inn, you will never see me in your hotel again.....

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2012

WashingtonVoyager_45,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received service which was unacceptable. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Ben J
IHG Care

Reviewed April 4, 2012

My flight from San Francisco to Miami with American Airlines was delayed and I missed my connecting flight to Rio. It was 11:50 pm on March 28 and the next flight would only be the next day at 11:20 pm. So American gave me a voucher for a hotel and the attendant told me they were covering 2 nights as the next flight was so late. I was tired, I just believed her and didn't check my voucher.
After a loooooooong wait for the hotel shuttle I got to the hotel. The restaurant was already closed, there was a sad coffee shop open with an uninterested attendant. My room was on the first floor, it was smelly, the carpet didn't look clean, there was a locked door that lead to another very noisy room, the phone didn't work and Internet was iffy.
It took me a while to fall asleep in that uneasy environment and I kept waking up with loud noises from the other room. I slept in in the morning. Around midday the phone rang, I picked it up but I couldn't hear anything because it was broken!
A few minutes later I hear loud aggressive bangs at my door. It was the manager telling me I had to leave immediately or pay 180 dollars to stay another night as American's voucher was for only one night. I told him that American had made a mistake, there was another couple who also missed the flight that got a 2-nights voucher, and asked if there was anyway that he could help me.
He said a firm NO and gave me 30' to pack up and go, or pay.
I wouldn't give 20 dollars for that room and that kind of service.
I packed up and at the front desk everyone just seemed annoyed with my presence, questions and request for assistance. They even accused me of hanging up my room phone and didn't believe me when I said it was broken. They had zero people skills.
If you can avoid this hotel, go to Element. It's even closer to the airport. The staff is super friendly and helpful. It's brand new and the rooms are spotless and very comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank EliseDeGrande
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2012

EliseDeGrande,

Thank you for your feedback. It is unfortunate the mistake of a third party caused your experience with us to be a negative one. It is IHG's goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. We would like a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Ben J

Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs
Best Western Plus Miami Airport North Hotel & Suites
Sleep Inn at Miami International Airport
Clarion Inn  & Suites Miami Airport
Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airp...
#11 of 16 in Miami Springs
Comfort Suites Miami Airport North

Been to Holiday Inn Miami International Airport? Share your experiences!