“They bent over backwards for us” 5 of 5 stars

Holiday Inn Miami International Airport
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs
GreenLeadersSilver level
Virginia
“They bent over backwards for us”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

Stayed here on March 31, 2012. Was traveling with my wife, sister and brother in law prior to a cruise. They were more than happy to help you in any way possible. My wife and I flew to Miami, sister and brother in law drove. We were pleased that the hotel would allow them to leave their vehicle there for the week we were cruising and besides, they provided a low cost ($1.00) shuttle to the cruise port. The room was pretty standard, but clean and comfortable. They had a snack bar off the lobby that made sandwiches and had breakfast items. I will stay there again when cruising from the Port of Miami!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank afyrfytr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Turkish first
Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

Thanks to American Airlines (AA) and their "maintenance problems" we missed our flight and became one of their statistics which caused us to remain overnight courtesy of their stupid "vouchers." We were given a voucher from AA to stay at the Holiday Inn. Ya' know, one would actually think of a good image when mentioned "Holiday Inn" but such was not the case. First off, the shuttle driver was obnoxious and rude to the passengers. I almost had to display my credentials just to get him to speak in lower tones and respectful manner. The hotel is located in a place that if i was a movie director, I'd film my next "scareface generations" movie. Upon entering, the receptionist was indfferent with no trace of customer service to be found. The small cafeteria gave the impression that it was closed since the lights were off but when i asked the girl (Jenny) exasperatingly said "yeah."..naturally the food vouchers only pay a fraction of what the items really cost. The food was terrble and the sandwhcihes were cold. When we entered the room, I could've sworn that it was previously a crime scene. The room smelled awful and gave me the impression of the song "hotel California" where I felt i could check out anytime i wanted but could never leave. The bathroom-dirty and not even the simple toiletries were availble for the AA-stranded traveler. Bottom line- Holiday Inn, you will never see me in your hotel again.....

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
WashingtonVoyager_45,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received service which was unacceptable. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Ben J
IHG Care

Travelers are raving about these Miami Springs hotels

Alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone that needs an overnight layover hotel, or a hotel to base out of for the night before a cruise. The hotel shuttle seems to run about every 30 minutes, previous reviews complain about how long it takes for the shuttles to come but considering it takes 20 minutes to get to and from the hotel in regular traffic it's really quite reasonable.

We arrived at the hotel prior to check in at 3 and had a bit of a wait before our room was ready, there were about 20 other people trying to check in early as well. The hotel staff worked very well through the stress of having all of us waiting in the lobby area and got us all into our rooms BEFORE check in. If you wanted to check your luggage with them (which we did) they took it to a secure luggage room and there were large and clean bathrooms available for freshening up after a long flight.

Our room was great, had the air conditioning pumping as soon as we walked in, nice big and comfortable bed. Great view, CLEAN bathroom, flat screen TV with several channels, complimentary WiFi worked perfectly. We took a taxi to Bayside and it was about $25 each way so yes it is quite a distance from the 'touristy' areas in Miami but it is an airport hotel after all! We went to the hotels rooftop restaurant and they had a great and diverse menu, fabulous service and a view of the Miami skyline like none other. The hotel staff were all very helpful and happy to answer any of our questions.

We took the hotels shuttle to the Port of Miami the next morning and it cost $1 USD each which is VERY reasonable considering what the competition offers. The shuttle took us right to our cruise line's embarkation line and helped us in and out with our luggage. There is a tour company that runs out of the lobby at the hotel called JuMa's something or other, we purchased a shuttle from them for our return trip home as we were flying straight home after our cruise. She was a little late picking us up from the port (booked for 8:30am and she came at 8:45am) so if you don't have 10 or 15 minutes to spare getting off the ship to head to the airport maybe a taxi would be a more reliable option.

I am a travel consultant and would have no problem whatsoever recommending this hotel to my clients who are looking for a great airport hotel with free shuttles from the airport and virtually free shuttles to the Port of Miami. Do not be scared to stay here!!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hayydan
Rio de Janeiro
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

My flight from San Francisco to Miami with American Airlines was delayed and I missed my connecting flight to Rio. It was 11:50 pm on March 28 and the next flight would only be the next day at 11:20 pm. So American gave me a voucher for a hotel and the attendant told me they were covering 2 nights as the next flight was so late. I was tired, I just believed her and didn't check my voucher.
After a loooooooong wait for the hotel shuttle I got to the hotel. The restaurant was already closed, there was a sad coffee shop open with an uninterested attendant. My room was on the first floor, it was smelly, the carpet didn't look clean, there was a locked door that lead to another very noisy room, the phone didn't work and Internet was iffy.
It took me a while to fall asleep in that uneasy environment and I kept waking up with loud noises from the other room. I slept in in the morning. Around midday the phone rang, I picked it up but I couldn't hear anything because it was broken!
A few minutes later I hear loud aggressive bangs at my door. It was the manager telling me I had to leave immediately or pay 180 dollars to stay another night as American's voucher was for only one night. I told him that American had made a mistake, there was another couple who also missed the flight that got a 2-nights voucher, and asked if there was anyway that he could help me.
He said a firm NO and gave me 30' to pack up and go, or pay.
I wouldn't give 20 dollars for that room and that kind of service.
I packed up and at the front desk everyone just seemed annoyed with my presence, questions and request for assistance. They even accused me of hanging up my room phone and didn't believe me when I said it was broken. They had zero people skills.
If you can avoid this hotel, go to Element. It's even closer to the airport. The staff is super friendly and helpful. It's brand new and the rooms are spotless and very comfortable.

• Stayed March 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank EliseDeGrande
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
EliseDeGrande,

Thank you for your feedback. It is unfortunate the mistake of a third party caused your experience with us to be a negative one. It is IHG's goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. We would like a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Ben J
IHG Care
Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

The room we stayed in needs a deep clean. But for one night it was a good choice, can't fault it.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
santa fe, nm
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

I have stayed at four hotels near the Miami airport, Holdiay Inn Express, Courtyard, Comfort Inn and this hotel. The Holiday Inn Miami International Airport is the nicest. The hotel has character and is currently being renovated to enhance it's art deco feel. The restaurant is very good with great views. But the staff is what makes this airport hotel a standout. Thank you Albert, Regina and the lovely lady who is the breakfast hostess.

Room Tip: Request a renovated room.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Hamburg, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

I stayed the night of 6th March, and arriving from a 10hr flight, it was great that the check-in was quick and hassle free.
The room looks a bit outdated, however it had a massive flatscreen TV and a kingsize bed which was very comfortable and more than I had hoped for.
The Mirador restaurant on the 9th floor has a fantastic menu, and the steak I had was just great.
The breakfast buffet has a wide selection of hot and cold items, and the staff are friendly too.
Checking out the next day, I was asked if I would be picked up, and when I explained that I won't be picked up until 3pm, Regina very kindly offered to extend my check-out time until 2pm. Very much appreciated, thank you!

• Stayed March 2012
EB Hotel Miami Airport
EB Hotel Miami Airport
#1 of 12 in Miami Springs
4.5 of 5 stars 909 reviews

Been to Holiday Inn Miami International Airport? Share your experiences!