I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone that needs an overnight layover hotel, or a hotel to base out of for the night before a cruise. The hotel shuttle seems to run about every 30 minutes, previous reviews complain about how long it takes for the shuttles to come but considering it takes 20 minutes to get to and from the hotel in regular traffic it's really quite reasonable.
We arrived at the hotel prior to check in at 3 and had a bit of a wait before our room was ready, there were about 20 other people trying to check in early as well. The hotel staff worked very well through the stress of having all of us waiting in the lobby area and got us all into our rooms BEFORE check in. If you wanted to check your luggage with them (which we did) they took it to a secure luggage room and there were large and clean bathrooms available for freshening up after a long flight.
Our room was great, had the air conditioning pumping as soon as we walked in, nice big and comfortable bed. Great view, CLEAN bathroom, flat screen TV with several channels, complimentary WiFi worked perfectly. We took a taxi to Bayside and it was about $25 each way so yes it is quite a distance from the 'touristy' areas in Miami but it is an airport hotel after all! We went to the hotels rooftop restaurant and they had a great and diverse menu, fabulous service and a view of the Miami skyline like none other. The hotel staff were all very helpful and happy to answer any of our questions.
We took the hotels shuttle to the Port of Miami the next morning and it cost $1 USD each which is VERY reasonable considering what the competition offers. The shuttle took us right to our cruise line's embarkation line and helped us in and out with our luggage. There is a tour company that runs out of the lobby at the hotel called JuMa's something or other, we purchased a shuttle from them for our return trip home as we were flying straight home after our cruise. She was a little late picking us up from the port (booked for 8:30am and she came at 8:45am) so if you don't have 10 or 15 minutes to spare getting off the ship to head to the airport maybe a taxi would be a more reliable option.
I am a travel consultant and would have no problem whatsoever recommending this hotel to my clients who are looking for a great airport hotel with free shuttles from the airport and virtually free shuttles to the Port of Miami. Do not be scared to stay here!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The signs of change are everywhere at the Holiday Inn Miami International Airport hotel. From our iconic signs to our genuine service, from our lobbies to our linens, you'll see the difference the moment you arrive. We invite you to come see for your self, the newly re-launched Holiday Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Odigeo, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your Holiday Inn Miami International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Miami International Airport Hotel Miami Springs
- Miami Springs Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Miami Springs