Holiday Inn Miami International Airport
GreenLeadersSilver level
Miami, Florida
“Cheep”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2011

old is the best way to discribe it, the rooms are in bad shape, the only good thing was the restaurant on the top floor, good service, great view and delicious food

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank joecel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Turkish first
vancouver, wa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2011

I researched a long time trying to find a hotel close to the Miami airport that had FREE shuttle to and from airport as well as free shuttle to the Miami Port and that was reasonably priced. Very few offer this service. Hotel was fine. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Is it a FIVE star, of course not. I wasn't about to pay for a five star. They have a great bar on the top of the hotel. Although, My husband and daughter did have breakfast the next morning in their restaurant and my husband who is not a picky eater and will eat about anything without complaining.. came back and said the breakfast was disgusting. I think they had bacon and eggs. There is really nothing close to the hotel as far as eating/shopping. I think I noticed a Burger king down the road and that was it. We had some extra time before we caught our cruise so we did go the the Dolphin Mall which was awesome. HUGE with great shops/food and live music and outdoor bars. If you have time it's worth checking out. There is a shuttle that charges 10.00 a person to take you to and from the hotel. Only negative to that is the shuttle stops at EVERY hotel to pick up and it took a long time to get to and from the mall. Oh, I did notice a lot of Airline employee's staying there as well. Pilot's, fight attendants.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank TLEE66
Charlestown, Nevis
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2011

I stayed there this past Saturday night awaiting my flight back home and saw a roach in my room. Normally, I would have packed up and asked for another room, but I was so tired, I just went to sleep. I mentioned it to them in the morning as I was checking out, they offered me breakfast and I said "no", but accepted a US$20 discount. I'm never staying there again.

Room Tip: Don't stay there
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Mihajlovic
Belo Horizonte, MG
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2011

The only advantage of this hotel is next to the airport! The rooms are old, cleaning is horrible, and for those arriving late at night, there is no kind of food !

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank LeoOlgaAna
iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2011

I have high expections for hotels a picky guest !!!!!!! This is a great hotel ---clean ---great staff ---- helpful shuttle ----We missed the 5;30 am shuttle and front desk took us 15 min before next one was scheduled !!!!
Wake up call offered . GREAT dining on top floor great food and service
Best service I've had in years ---- I stay in hotels about 40 times a year . good price too !!!! very pleased!!!
welcome package given @ front desk :)

Room Tip: I ask for corner room
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank harvIowa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2011

The front desk was extremely helpful, with excellent service. Rooms seemed small. Was told that the hotel was renovated 1 year ago, but must be well used. Dirty curtains, wear and tear.
Very handy to airport. Good location for early a.m. flight.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FrozenTundra12
mrg971, General Manager at Holiday Inn Miami International Airport, responded to this review, October 23, 2011
Dear Guest

We apologize for your recent experience with the Holiday Inn Miami Airport, we do enjoy a high rate of occupancy as our hotel has become very popular with our valued guests because of our location and service, we are currently updating draperies , carpets and furniture for many of our rooms as well as adding HD and Flat Screen TV's to the whole property by the end of November. We take these reviews seriously and our management team and employees are fully committed to creating hotels guests love.

Markos A Rivas
Miami Springs, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2011

The breakfast buffett was wonderful and the service was even better. My server suggested a table to watch the sun rice and it was breath taking. I'm so glad we stayed and enjoyed our breakfast the feeling remains with us.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank terry m
Dear Guest

We are very thankful for your wonderful comments. I will pass the message to our employees who will certainly appreciate your kind words

Markos A Rivas
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami Springs
Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs
Comfort Suites Miami Airport North
Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Miami Airport & Intermodal Area
La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Airport East
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon

Been to Holiday Inn Miami International Airport? Share your experiences!