“Nice, clean hotel with all necessities”

Comfort Suites Miami Airport North
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Miami Springs
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights before our cruise out of Miami. Some basic impressions:

Pros:

1. This property was built recently so it looks and feels news. All interior decorations appear fresh and modern.

2. Staff usually do a good job of keeping the grounds clean.

3. Room sizes are decent. Mattresses feel nice and solid. Big screen TV was a big help to keep children entertained.

4. Hotel offer free shuttle services to and from MIA. And to the port of Miami as well, which was a big help in our case.

Cons:

1. Noise from jets taking off and landing can be heard throughout the night. Obviously not the hotel's fault.

2. Breakfast area is too small. Guests are spilling over to other areas of the lobby.

3. Parking is limited. They share lot with the Days Inn next door (same owner).

4. In-room safe did not work. And they charge $2(?) a day, which is news to me.

Overall a nice hotel. Covered all the basics. Close to the airport.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We booked 2 rooms pre and post cruise and we thoroughly enjoyed staying at this hotel. The rooms are spacious , clean and comfortable. The quality of the breakfast buffet was excellent. We let Isabella at the guest services know that we would be back after the cruise and we were able to check in right away when we came back. Isabella is very friendly and helpful. It was a pleasure to meet such a friendly staff. Thanks again Isabella. We would definitely be back when we go on another cruise sailing from Miami.

Hope the hotel would add a restaurant in the future.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
JosephKatz, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Miami Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Dear ken l,
Thank you for posting a review of your stay at the Comfort Suites Miami Airport North on TripAdvisor. It is always nice to hear about a guest who had 2 separate stays, with each one being pleasant. It is especially nice to hear that Isabella was of help to you and treated you kindly while you stayed with us. I am also glad to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to Isabella when I see her next. On behalf of management and all of our staff, I want to thank you again for your review, and it would be our pleasure to have you again as a guest.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

This is a nice hotel conveniently located for Miami Airport with good-size rooms at reasonable rates but sadly all the good is negated by the fact that the staff at the front desk have the worst attitude to customer service I - a regular traveller for work and business - have ever experienced.

First despite paying for a room for two nights but informing them when I booked the that my flight would not arrive until 5am so I wouldn't be there until 6am, when I got there I was told I was a 'no-show.' Then when I got back to my room around 7.30pm that night I found it had not been serviced and it took me a trip to the front desk, a follow-up call, two hours and two different people to get the room partially serviced. There was no apology or attempt at excuse from the girl on the front desk for the fact the room hadn't been serviced so I can only assume it is such a regular occurrence they don't feel the need to apologise for it.

Somewhat ironically considering housekeeping didn't bother to clean the room at all yesterday I have been hassled by them twice so far this morning despite my booking (and agreeing to pay for it despite the lack of room servicing). It turns out that my request had not been registered by the front desk. Then I asked to speak to the manager to complain and when she called me back there was no attempt to make amends for all the hassle and poor service I received. I suggested they waive the late fee as compensation but not a chance, in fact it went up $5 dollars from the rate I was given previously.

Unquestionably the worst customer service I have ever received. Not only will I or any of my staff who travel to the US from London on a regular basis ever stay at this hotel again, based on this we won't be staying at any Comfort Inn again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank SJG444
Reviewed September 6, 2013

OUr two families a total of 8 stayed at this hotel Aug. 24th, before our cruise, We flew into Miami, called the shuttle and it was there in minutes, the driver was friendly, he pointed out places to eat around the hotel, Our rooms were not ready as we arrived at 11:30 a.m. by about 12:30 one room was ready so we put all our luggage into the one room, we just went to Mcdonalds for lunch, it is right acrosss the street, we then went swimming, a nice clean pool, towels are supplied at the pool, in the afternoon we walked down the road to the liqour store and bought some wine, the area is industrial but fine, at dinner we decided it was to hot to go walking so we ordered pizza from a flyer, it came and they allowed us to use the breakfast dining area, they supplied napkins and utensils to us, The rooms were clean, had to call down for sheets for the pull out couch, but they came with in 1/2 hour. We signed up for the first shuttle to the port when we checked in, The second room was not ready until after 3 as we wanted two rooms together, to compensate this they gave the 3 adults in the room a voucher for a drink at the bar, they used these at dinner, The morning breakfast was good, get there early as it fills up and have your voucher although it seemed hit and miss if they asked for it, by 9 there were no seats left, we went to the gas station across the street and bought some pop for the room and took the rest on the ship, it was 6.99 for 12 tins, All the staff at this hotel were pleasant and helpful, it was clean and reasonably priced, we would stay here on our next pre cruise stop in Miami

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank matfel44

Dear matfel44,
Thank you very much for the review you posted on TripAdvisor describing in great detail your stay at the Comfort Suites Miami Airport North. We encourage our guests to take advantage of the amenities we have to offer to you. In your case, it seems you did just that! Our pool is a great place to kick your feet up and take in the Miami sun. The bar is a small area for our guests to enjoy a casual, occasionally on us, and unwind for the night. Our other free amenities include the airport and cruise port shuttles as well as the breakfast buffet. The way you describe our hotel sounds like you were an all star guest! Thank you so much again for the review, and we can’t wait to have you back with us at the Comfort Suites.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I arrived in Miami around 1.30am and the shuttle was very prompt in collecting us from the Airport. Before 2am we were in our room,The beds were very comfortable and the room was very spacious. The hotel is conveniently located to public transport and the shuttle was very efficient. Breakfast was ok there are choices , but the same everyday. There are a few eating places close by as the hotel does not offer lunch or dinner.Although it is so close to the Airport you don't even notice ..The staff were friendly and helpful and the property was well kept.tThe only thing I would change would be the carpet I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear lovely1_9,
Thank you very much for the glowing review you posted about the Comfort Suites Miami Airport North on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear that you and your party were able to utilize our free transportation to and from the airport, and that it arrived in a timely manner to pick you up. Our complimentary amenities, which also include free breakfast and WiFi, are in place for our guests to use as they please. It really helps you take in the full Comfort Suites experience. Thank you again for the review, and we would love to have you back as our hotel guest.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed here one night on business. Checked in about 10 minutes before the bar closed. I happened to ask where I could get a nightcap and they said leave your car and step around the corner before the bartender closes up. Thoughtful. Went to park and found that the lot appears to be shared with a couple properties. Someone else started a parallel row of cars between the two outer drive-in rows. I joined in. The following morning, there were two rows of cars squeezed in and the people who arrived first had to jockey back and forth to get out. Nice hotel, but it was a quick business trip so cannot comment much more.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear RoadBob66,
Thank you for posting a review about your stay at the Comfort Suites Miami Airport North. I am glad to hear that were able to get a drink at our bar. It is a cozy little area in a lobby that is mean for our guests to kick back after a flight or cruise and enjoy a drink. It is a shame you had to deal with the parking like that. Some nights, when the hotels (Comfort Suites and Days Inn) sellout, the parking lot becomes a little tough to maneuver around. Hopefully you stay with us again when traveling thru Miami on business. On behalf of the staff and management at our hotel, I would like to thank you again for taking the time to write a review about us.
Sincerley,

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights before my cruise; then 2 more after my cruise with my husband. This hotel is clean and the rooms are comfortable. The rooms are also quite large. We stayed in 2 different rooms each trip and they were both lovely!!!!
Pros:
1.Free shuttle to and from the airport, and to the sea port. Very convenient.
2. King size beds are comfortable.
3. Lots of pillows and towels (this is a plus especially if you use the pool)
4. Bus stop is a few feet away, takes you to Dolphin Mall, International Mall and other attractions.
5. Ihop is walking distance, so is Mc Donalds and a sports bar and local restaurant.
6. Even though you are a stone's throw from the airport the sound of planes landing is not a problem at all you barely hear them.
7. Guest services are friendly and bi lingual

CONS (just a few)
1. The air conditioning is super cold. We stayed on the 4th and 5th floors and each time we turned off the unit, not sure what was going on but we were freezing.
2. The blinds on the curtains are light fabric, so the sun comes shining through early in the morning, big deal if you wanna sleep late (think management should put in heavy blinds)
3. Breakfast (although free) can be improved. The only hot dish was waffles, even the boiled eggs were kept in the fridge, some people like hot cereal!!!!

All in all however, it's a lovely place to stay, even longer than 1 or 2 nights. And although the outside area isn't the most appealing you can take a walk around the corner and see nice residential houses...it's not bad.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Candice C

Dear Candice C,
Thank you very much for your glowing review of the Comfort Suites Miami Airport North! We separate ourselves from the other hotels in the area with our free transport to the Port of Miami and the Miami airport. Those are a few of the amenities that are in place for our guests to take full advantage of. From reading your review, it seems like you were able to travel to many of the attractions close to our hotel with ease. On the other hand, I will speak to maintenance and housekeeping about the issues you brought up, and have those problems fixed. Thank you again for the review, it was a pleasure having you stay with us, and we hope to be your hotel destination on your next visit to Miami.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami Springs
Best Western Plus Miami Airport North Hotel & Suites
La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Airport East
Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs
Clarion Inn  & Suites Miami Airport
Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airp...
#10 of 16 in Miami Springs
Embassy Suites by Hilton Miami - International Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Miami Airport West

Been to Comfort Suites Miami Airport North? Share your experiences!