“A gem and a pleasure”

Comfort Suites Miami Airport North
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Miami Springs
Reviewed June 21, 2012

The staff of this unit really has a very high level of service to customers. From the first person we talked to at the desk, to the maids, and the breakfast crew. They really wanted you to feel at home, and our comfort level was right on that! ANY help you needed was a;most instantly provided. We took advantage of their hotel shuttle to the airport three times (two stays a week apart). The drivers had just as high a level of customer service. All the employees of this hotel/motel really acted like they likes their jobs, and it showed! I would highly recommend this unit to ANYONE who wants a five star experience at an affordable price.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Timefor
Management response:Responded June 22, 2012

Dear Timefor,

The staff and management at Comfort Suites would like to thank you for such a glowing review. It is one of the best parts of the job seeing that you were made to feel like family. Every day I witness the staff going above and beyond providing our guests with the best customer service Miami has to offer. We go that extra mile ensuring all our guests staying with us feel as you do. Thank you again and we look forward to providing your lodging needs the next time you travel to Miami, Florida.

Director.customerservices@gmail.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,427)

Reviewed June 18, 2012

We stayed at this unit for a few days including a full weekend. The room doors are adjusted to slam closed forcefully so that you'll not only hear your neighbors but feel the vibrations. In addition there was a great deal of hallway noise at all hours. In fact when we checked in someone was calling the front desk to complain of noisy neighbors. Not a good start for us.

The rooms are reasonably large and appeared clean. The bathroom was large with a unique walk-in shower design. Shower water pressure was a little low. Rooms have HD TV and a good selection of channels. The bed was unusually comfortable. Room lighting was fair. Heating/Cooling system is operated by a wall mounted thermostat and worked well in addition to be quiet. Rooms have a coffee make, small refrigerator and microwave. Rooms have a built in wall safe.

The breakfast was very good and the staff worked hard and successfully to keep up with the demand. We really appreciated the hard working staff in the morning at breakfast. There is just enough space for eating but the seating is odd. Lots of bar stools of varying heights as well as traditional table seating.

No much in the way of restaurants within walking distance but several close by to drive to. There's a gas station and convenience store a hundred feet away from the lobby.

The desk staff and cleaning staff were very friendly and helpful. We found it necessary to change rooms due to the noise and the front desk accomplished that with no complaint.

Room Tip: First floor rooms have a tile hallway floor. Every bit of noise from the lobby comes into the rooms...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
David P, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Miami Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2012

Dear rdsaundrs,

The staff and management at Comfort Suites would like to thank you for taking the time and posting a review of our property. I am happy to read that you found all the staff helpful and hard working. You have my sincere apology that other guests in the hotel made your stay uncomfortable. We do our best to ensure every guest has a pleasant stay. I do see we were able to move you to another room to help alleviate the issue. We would love the opportunity to welcome you back and deliver the level of service you have every right to expect from our hotel.

Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

What a great place! They picked us up at the airport, the room was clean, the staff was awesome!! Definitely recommend this hotel to anyone!!!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank deesteve19

Dear deesteve19,

The staff and management at Comfort Suites would like to thank you for taking the time and posting a review of our property. I am delighted you found our bartender Kryztina so amazing. Every day I see her go above and beyond ensuring all guests receive the best customer service. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to her. Thank you again and think of us the next time you’re planning a trip to Miami.

Reviewed June 14, 2012

Dont hesitate to stay at this beautiful hotel. Seriously, we felt like we were at the "W". Its beautiful and looks really new. Nice, clean, contemporary decor. When we arrived we were exhausted from traveling and the employees at the desk were so friendly. Really good coffee in the lobby was a nice treat. The rooms were very nice and again in a contemporary decor. Loved it! We had our two teen grandchildren with us and we had plenty of room. We took advantage of the nice pool too while there. We loved it so much we stayed here before our cruise and after our cruise. Its not always the case that you have such a lovely place to sleep while traveling. Has a beautiful lobby to hang out in and a nice breakfast also. Thats always important...:)

Room Tip: We liked the corner room 419. It had two windows. We asked for it again the second time we stayed.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank dbdl

Dear dbdl,

The staff and management at Comfort Suites would like to thank you for such a glowing review. We love seeing that our hotel was so well received and that you compared it to staying at the “W”. It is one of the best parts of the job getting to be involved in guest’s vacations and the memories associated with those trips. I will be sure to share all your kind words with the staff. Thank you again and we look forward to being a part of your vacation the next time you travel to Miami, Florida.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

We arrived late on our flight into Miami and were just looking for a nice place to overnight before picking up a rental car in the morning. We were very pleased with the location and the room. The staff was very courteous and a nice breakfast was provided. The shuttle service was prompt and leaves for the airport on the hour in the AM. There is very limited parking and its not a place I would spend several days. But if you need a night or two near the airport, this is a good place.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Scott B
David P, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Miami Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2012

Dear Scott B,

Everyone at Comfort Suites would like to thank you for writing a review. I am delighted to see that our hotel was so well received. We love seeing guests so pleased with our hotel they feel the need to spread the word. I am also glad to hear you were able to utilize all our free amenities. Most hotels in the area charge for parking, Internet, airport shuttle and breakfast. We value our patron’s loyalty, so we offer these services free of charge. Thank you again and we look forward to providing your lodging needs the next time you travel to Miami Springs, Florida.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

I recently stayed at the Comfort Suites Miami Airport North for one night before taking a flight the next day at the Miami International Airport. I was pleased with my selection of this hotel.

The hotel is almost brand new, well designed, spacious, contemporary, clean, comfortable and affordably priced ($79.00 on 5/31/2012).

My room consisted of a seperate sleeping and sitting area. There was a very nice TV in the room and there was a microwave and refrigerator that I did use.

In the morning a breakfast was served which included a few hot items like biscuits and gravy as well as an assortment of baked goods. There was cereal and do-it-yourself waffles. They also had yogurt and fruit.

I took the shuttle to the airport which was just a few minutes away. If you have to catch a flight at a certain time, verify the when the shuttle leaves the airport from the hotel.

My only complaint abou the hotel was a charge of $2 for a safe that was added to my bill without notifying me during the booking process or at check-in. I know many hotels do this now, but it is something that I found very sleazy and will always mention it and speak up about it because it is a very questionable business practice. They should included all service is the rate or disclose additional charges very clearly. I did send multiple emails to the General Manager Mr. Chowdhury and finally Ms. Chennis from sales responded to me and waived the charges. I would recommend anyone that checks into this hotel to ask that those additional charges be removed if you are not going to use the safe.

Despite being upset about the safe, I would certainly return to the Comfort Suites as it was a very beautiful hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank ColombiaRiz

Dear ColombiaRiz,

The staff and management at Comfort Suites would like to thank you for writing such a glowing review. It always pleases us when such an accomplished contributor reviews our property. I am equally enthusiastic to read that you loved the room and had a chance to enjoy our delicious breakfast. We do provide our guests with a safe in the room to store their valuables. I spoke with Mr. Chowdhury and I see that he removed the charge and emailed you a new bill. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Thank you again and think of us the next time you’re planning a trip to Miami.

Reviewed June 12, 2012

This hotel has a beautiful lobby with lots of seating, a stocked bar and a nice breakfast. The room decor is great. I had reserved a two room suite that was lovely. Had a separate living room and kitchen area with a table that would expand to seat four. However, the bathroom is next to the door where you enter and quite a long hike from the bedroom. The bathroom had a granite sink with lots of space a shelf below to hold your items. Great adjustable rain water shower head, There is free wireless and parking.Spacious desk with leather chair. The parking is a problem. The lot gets packed. There are just a few restaurants within walking distance. The pool was under repair, though no notice on their website. However, even if it wasn't, it is surrounded by tall walls and doesn't get much sun and was small.
So here were the problems. I checked into my two room suite about noon. I left at 12:30 and advised the front desk that the a/c was not working. When I returned at 8PM, it still wasn't working. I have no idea if anyone even looked at it as there was no note or message on my phone. I called the front desk, and of course, no one available to fix it, so they would move me to another room. So now I must pack up and they take me to a two room suite on another floor. I get there with the staff and guess what?? The a/c in this room was not working!!! How can they not know this? So now there are no two room suites left, so I go to a regular room. they did adjust my rate. This room was fine except the only drawers are three in the desk. In the two room, you have a separate dresser. There also is no kitchen table in this room. So while the A/C worked and was cold, in the middle of the night the unit began sounding like a truck was running. Woke me right up and had no choice but to turn it off. The in-room coffee is the worst I ever had. Not sure if its the coffee or perhaps the water. The bed was reasonably comfortable but a bit hard for my liking, lots of pillows. However, and this is a gripe I have with many hotel chains, there is only a sheet a comforter of the bed. (Just sheet too cold, comforter too warm.) However, there was a light blanket in the closet that worked just fine. All of the table lamps have plugs so you can plug in your cell phone charger or computer.
For the money, this is a good deal....if they just work on the A/C.

Room Tip: Room sits off the road so road noise is not a problem. There is no view from any window, so any roo...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
David P, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Miami Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2012

Dear sendmehome,

Thank you for writing a review of our hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you have experienced. At Comfort Suites, we take pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. I certainly understand that the service challenges you experienced was both a disappointment and inconvenience on your visit. We appreciate your feedback and I will share this review with the staff making changes to ensure this issue will be resolved. We would love the opportunity to welcome you back and deliver the level of service you have every right to expect from our hotel.