“Newly Built Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs
Burlington, North Carolina
“Newly Built Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

We stayed here pre cruise in late April and had our needs met at a good value when considering breakfast and the complimentary shuttles. Our flight arrived after 10:00 p.m. and we called to request a shuttle. Our driver was at the curb almost before we were. Our check-in took a few minutes because the desk clerk was obviously answering questions about booking a guest on the phone. We were able to make arrangements for an 11:00 a.m.shuttle to the port-although our family of four filled the last few spots on the list. Our room was graciously sized and clean. Everything was fresh and in well working order. My son says the couch sleeps great also. We were on the top floor and on a corner. The airport noise was dying down by this point of night and did not bother us. The planes began flying again fairly early, but that is to be expected. Breakfast was typical. The area was clean and well serviced. I did find the safe charge unusual from other hotels. Upon check-out, I mentioned this to the clerk and he asked if we had used it. I told him I had never even seen it. He did remove the charge. Our shuttle to the port was on time and met our needs well. The hotel has several amenities that we would have used has time allowed. My teen son spotted the military store from our window and we spent a few minutes there before catching the shuttle. Our stay exceeded our expectations for this trip. Thanks!

Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
David P, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Miami Airport North, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Dear MosinNagant,

Everyone at Comfort Suites would like to thank you for posting a review about your stay. It is one of the best parts of the job hearing from guests that we exceeded their expectations. All our staff members work very hard every day making sure all our guests have the same experience you had while staying at our hotel. Thank you again and we look forward to your return the next time you travel to Miami Springs, Florida.

Director.customerservices@gmail.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Hebrew first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Grand Junction, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

The shuttle bus was clean and ran once an hour. The driver recommended a few realitively close restaurants. Our room was a two queen suite with luxurious bedding. The granite bath was very upscale.
This hotel is a brand new build. Houses were demolished to accomodate the hotel. Its a few quick turns to the airport and car rental return. The uniformed front desk was very engaging and the breakfast attendant was very pleasant, even when she had to work on Easter Sunday.
I slept soundly and stayed again on my return from Cuba. The experience was equally as welcoming.
I must add that the hotel could not accomodate me the 2nd night of my return due to my lack of planning. The hotel manager arranged for his shuttle driver to take me to a nearby Sleep Inn to save me cab fare. Above and beyond!
The Honduran restaurant the driver recommended was walking distance and had tasty food though the place was loud. That is one drawback on this property is lack of easily accessible places to dine. However there was a Zagat rated Italian place a fast cab ride away called Basilica Ristorante and worth the fare.

4 Thank XCaliforniaGirl
David P, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Miami Airport North, responded to this review, May 9, 2012
Dear XCaliforniaGirl,

The staff and management at Comfort Suites would like to thank you for writing such a glowing review. I am equally excited that you found the staff and services we offer so wonderful. We work hard every day making sure all our guests share your feelings. It sounds that you found some of the local eateries to your liking. It is always great to be on vacation and sample different varieties of food. Thank you again and we look forward to providing your lodging needs the next time you come to Miami Springs, Florida.

Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

Before booking at the Comfort Suites hotel, my other consideration was Sofitel (due to tripadvisor review ratings). However, I chose Comfort Suites based on the tripadvisor reviews that I have come to trust through all my travels. So, it's after midnight as I sit in my Comfort Suties room...unable to sleep due to the noise. Aside from the sound of airplanes taking off overhead, the conversation and door slamming from people constantly coming and going in the hallways does not let up. Upon checking in, I explained to the front desk that I really needed a good night's sleep, and requested a room away from vending, elevators, etc. Walking into my room, I could see the airport from my window and after 3 planes tore overhead within a few short minutes, I went back downstairs asking for something facing the residential neighborhood on the other side of the hotel. The assistant manager was visibly agitated by my request (and I was the one being polite and apolgizing for having to make a room change). I was told that the only room remaining that would fit my request was on the ground floor. The room had a stale urine odor and, funny enough, had the exact same view as the prior room--overlooking the jet path into the sky. The only difference was that I was now 3 floors below the previous room. I headed back to the front desk, but the airport shuttle van had just arrived and the lobby was packed with people vying for a spot in line for check-in. As I had plans for a meetting 30 minutes away from the hotel, there was no way I could spend the time waiting in line in hope of yet another room. I find it interesting that previous reviews mention clean rooms with no airport noise. Aside from the funky urine smell, the bed sheets are stained, the plastic cups are cracked and useless, the air conditioner vibrates loudly, and the refrig smells like stale pizza. Parking here is also a huge hassle, as 1 lot is shared by several hotels: when I returned from my meeting around 9 pm, there were no parking spaces available. This will probably be my last time at a Comfort Suites and I'll now make a point at looking at other review sites besides tripadvisor, in order to get a more accurate picture.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere or bring earplugs and cleaning products
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank Travelspirit
David P, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Miami Airport North, responded to this review, May 5, 2012
Dear Travelspirit,
Thank you for taking the time and reviewing our property. I am disappointed that you had a hard time sleeping in our hotel and that the staff was unresponsive to your needs. You have my sincere apology that our hotel was unable to surpass your expectations. As you can read from other reviews we have not had any complaints about noise from the airport. I shared your review with staff and management to be used as a training tool ensuring we deliver the best customer service possible. If you would like to discuss the matters in more detail please reach out to me at director.customerservices@gmail.com. Thank you again and I am sure if given another try we could exceed your expectations.

Sicklerville, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

Our 6 family member group stayed in two suites the night before a cruise and our selection of Comfort Sujites Miami Airport North was just right for us. The staff, from front desk to restaurant workers to shuttle driver, was friendly, professional, and accomodating. One front desk employee recommended the Latin Cafe for a late, great, Cuban breakfast and another let us change our time for the cruise shuttle. The hotel was clean, the breakfast was fine, and the furnishings in our suites were a cut above what I was expecting. There is a gym, pool, and wi-fi. We usually stay for a night or two on the ocean in Miami Beach, Surfside, or Bal Harbour and Comfort Suites was not in a touristy area but we were satisfied. Even though there is a hotel shuttle, we followed through on our plan and rented a minivan and went to the Miami Seaquarium after breakfast We also stopped at Publix and then returned the minivan to the airport and took the shuttle to the hotel. That was a hassle and solely my mistake.

Room Tip: Note: Not a room tip but may help travelers. Think twice before picking up a rental car at MIA. Alth...
1 Thank vettebuf
David P, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Miami Airport North, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
Dear vettebuf,

The staff and management at Comfort Suites would like to thank you for letting us be a part of your vacation. It is one of the best parts of this job when I see that a traveler found our staff so courteous and helpful. Every day I witness my staff going above and beyond ensuring all guests receive five star treatment. Thank you again for the review and we will see you the next time you travel to Miami, Springs.

Pasadena
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

I needed a place to stay, that would offer shuttle transportation, breakfast & internet. To my surprise the room was extremely big & comfortable. Not as close as I needed to get to the Port
of Miami but with the free shuttle was a great addition. Staff was very friendly and helpful.. Only
pet piev rate should be adjustable to stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
David P, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Miami Airport North, responded to this review, April 27, 2012
Dear Beisme,

Thank you for taking the time and posting a review of Comfort Suites. I am glad you received five star lodging and service while staying at our hotel. It is one of the best parts of this job seeing guests love our hotel so much that they want to share the experience with others. Thank you for letting us be a part of your vacation and we will see you the next time you travel to Miami Springs, Florida.

Chesterfield, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

Very clean hotel, our room was in excellent condition. My only issues were that we were not near a drug store, so we had to take a cab to get distilled water for my husband's sleep machine, and we only had 1 choice in shuttle time to the port of miami. I was disappointed we arrived at the port later than we wanted. A good choice for a hotel if you don't mind being far away from restaurants and drug stores.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
David P, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Miami Airport North, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Dear Browneyes1172,

The staff and management would to thank you for taking the time and writing a review about your stay at Comfort Suites. I am glad you found our hotel so clean. We have an excellent housekeeping staff that works hard every day ensuring all guests share your feelings. I am surprised to hear you could not find restaurants around the hotel. We have many restaurants within walking distance and numerous delivery options. Just yesterday I had a great lunch with a coworker at Express café located next door in the Days Inn. Thank you again and we will see you the next time you travel to Miami Springs, Florida.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

that is the second opportunity to stay at the hotel, the first was when it was newly opened, now you can see little by little as quality has declined, both in care and in care facilities, I recommend it only if you get a good deal . The parking garage collapses at night and have to leave the car elsewhere and the area is not very safe. For my part would look for other options.

1 Thank santanagonzalo
David P, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Miami Airport North, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Dear santanagonzalo,

The staff and management would like to thank you for taking the time and posting a review on Trip Advisor. I read the other review that you posted on Trip Advisor about our hotel and it was all positive. I am not quite sure what you mean by the parking garage collapses at night. My email is located at the bottom of this post if you would like to contact me and clarify the issues you faced while being our guest. Thank you again and I am sure if given another try we could exceed not only your expectations, but the expectations we set for ourselves.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami Springs
#1 of 12 in Miami Springs
4.5 of 5 stars 875 reviews
Clarion Inn  & Suites Miami Airport
Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs

Been to Comfort Suites Miami Airport North? Share your experiences!