“Depending on your point of view...”
Review of Hotel Aladdin

Hotel Aladdin
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Miami Springs
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Believe all the reviews you read here. Depending on your point of view, this hotel is either real good or real bad. We stayed here for two nights and found it to be not our cup of tea. We booked a standard room and the good thing about it was that it had our very own garage below the room, which was convenient.

But the room itself was without a window, the glass walk-in shower right next to the bed and the toilet had a glass door. Mirrors above the bed, mirrors as a headrest and a dirty old carpet leading up to the room.

Breakfast was a joke. Toast, 2 kinds of cereal and the usual drinks. Breakfast room was full of mirrors as well, by the way.

The staff member that checked us in was almost friendly, the others were almost rude. Checkin itself was pretty straightforward, checkout was a hassle: "wait in your car, someone will check your room and if all is ok, we will open the gates and let you out"

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tom_vdberghe

Reviewed March 15, 2014

My wife and I found the room nice and pretty comfortable, but service is awful. And for the free wifi offered, it is only available in the lobby ! And if you complain, don't be surprised if they simply hang up on you, it is as simple as that. So for the price we paid of 195$ a night, I am sure we can find a better place next time ! And by the way, there was no extra pillows and no bed cover !

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SERGE B
Reviewed February 13, 2014

We just needed a place near the airport but other reviews say it all-2 skimpy towels, bad lighting, no place to hang things, felt like we were in a cave and creepy garage entrance and only a sheet to cover us and couldn't adjust temp. So glad to leave at 5am! But at least there was no smoking.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 15, 2013

1. Dirty room, carpets, bed and bathroom construction incomplete
2. NO WIFI in rooms as advertised. Did not work in common area either.
3. Must climb full flight of stairs to reach room. Very poor lighting.
4. Room had no windows, bathroom was entirely glass enclosed; no privacy

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank john r
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Booked at the last minute,I was apprehensive on arrival. However the room was spotless and I could not fault the value for money.
The integral garage facility does provide a facility for clandestine meetings but so what, don't be put off by negative reviews, also the local car hire offered by the hotel were very helpful.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Melrowley
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

I loved the location. It was right by the airport. The room was beautifully designed and I had my own garage which made it very private and gave me that feeling of importance, although my garage door didn't work. Didn't bother me though. I also loved the Bose sound system. I mean, who wouldn't, and I'm a dj, so go figure. What I disliked. I had to keep getting my key encoded every time I went out. That was quite annoying. The breakfast menu was not great. Just bread with an option to toast and butter or jam or cheese with coffee.
No iron or ironing board. No cupboard and no microwave. My main problem was that none of the cleaning staff spoke English.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Kelan G
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I had a terrible experience the room ac didnt work the room smelled like humidity the front desk young lady was very very rude!!! I would never step foot in the hotel again. They changed me two three rooms and all three rooms where missing something no radio, dirty!!!

• Stayed: September 2013