See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I had booked my wife and friend a room via Priceline for this hotel, which was rated as a 3star the the Priceline site. What I didn't know was that it really was more of a "couples" playground. When my wife and friend hesitantly went in, they asked if they could see a room (it was afternoon) and their room was not ready. When telling the clerk that they were uncomfortable with the surroundings and would like to cancel their reservation, they were denied a refund. I contacted Priceline, which tried to help on our behalf (as I felt the hotel was misrepresented on their site), but again was denied by the Alladin management. Very disappointing.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank Tilleyhome
Reviewed January 11, 2013

It is completely false on Expedia.com, is a motel, not hotel, the neighborhood is horrible and frightening, attention is terrible, only one person spoke English, I asked three times, SOAP and towels and never came. The sheets are old and dirty. the price-value relationship is totally disproportionate. never in my life I will return this dirty and scary MOTEL

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Michael M
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Maybe the intermittently flashing neon "open" sign and the confusing difficulty of locating the front door should have been the first tip off to our stay at Hotel Aladdin which has quickly become one of those laughable "can-you-believe-that-actually-happened-never-again!!" kind of memories. New husband and I booked a simple boutique room for one night because it was close to the airport and we literally had only about 8 hours til our next flight. We thought, "wow, way cheaper than the rest of the hotels around, great!" Not so great. Initial impressions walking into the "lobby" (think cheap roadside motel front desk reception) included a weird scent (that went on to permeate all the rooms, it turns out) and the sight of a chintzy fake gold Christmas tree in the corner (still hadn't gotten around to taking that down mid-January?). Girl at the desk was rather emotionless and seemed to have a hard time finding our online reservation as she shuffled through a stack of papers. No high-tech operations here. As we go to our room, we find out we "conveniently" have a GARAGE under our room...yep...that's a first for a hotel stay. We spent about 10 minutes in said garage trying to get our room key to work to no avail. Went back to desk and girl switched it out for a new key. More multiple tries, no luck. Instead of offering assistance the girl switches our room and gives us another key. At least this one works.

Initial impressions of the room was the very strong perfume smell (again) and a stained and spotted carpet that leads you upstairs. You hope it gets better as you climb the stairs...could be cool, right, like a studio apartment style? Or not. In its favor, Hotel Aladdin must have spent the most money hiring a web designer to put together a very nice looking virtual hotel; sadly, the room itself is a far cry from the sultry professional photographs online that lure in their guests. The bed appears nice and relatively clean, and a glass-walled shower could be construed as romantic, but the weirdness continues: mirrors over the bed ("Honey, I don't know if I can sleep like this") and a glass enclosed toilet ("what the...."), a couple teeny tiny toiletries on the counter ("good thing we have our own"), and a door with a sign reading "Do not open only fire escape door" ("Which door? Is that even English?")

But let's get down to the real cons...

-No real restaurant options close for those without vehicle access. We walked about 1.5 miles to a hole-in-the-wall place through a sketchy neighborhood and had about 5 cop cars fly by us lights and sirens and all. Would not have ventured out by myself if I was a single lady.
-We only had 2 small towels in the room. We asked the front desk for more and waited...nothing. Called about them again and waited...an hour or more later after we were in bed someone knocked but left without leaving towels before we got to the door. Seriously??
-The sink had major issues and stayed clogged halfway full the whole time.
- No airport shuttle service or even numbers for taxis or restaurants in the room.

In an attempt to be fair, the shower was kind of fun, almost like standing under a warm rainstorm, and the bed was decently comfortable.Free breakfast offered very basic decent options (no frills here - toast, bananas, cereal, coffee with powdered coffee creamer), but was served in a very small room making it awkward to eat and maneuver around other guests you don't really want to chat with early in the morning. Enough good to make up for all the rest? I think not. At least we'll have a funny story to tell about the seediest hotel we've ever stayed in.

Room Tip: Any room at the Holiday Inn across the street.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kacie t
Reviewed January 5, 2013

As soon as we arrived at Aladdin the problems started, the clerk put us in a different room than the one that we booked. After telling her the situation she rudely gave us the key to our room. Seeing that the previous room was extremely dirty, we decided to check this one out before getting settled in. When we entered the room we encountered a dreadful smell; the sheets looked like somebody just got of them, there were no blankets, no towels, the toilet was broken, the tub was dirty and the walls next to it were covered in markings from previous wall hangings. We were supposed to stay for New Years and we decided that is not the place we want to spend the Holidays so we went back to the clerk for a refund. I offered to pay for one night and "check out early", but she was rude and said there are no refunds. After having a conversation with her boss on the phone entirely in Spanish (I don't speak Spanish), she informed me that I can get my money back for the 3 nights that I booked but they will keep the deposit (around $100). We were just happy that we could get out of there and find a decent hotel. Seriously avoid this place at all costs. There are some very nice empty parking lots nearby where you can sleep in your car; a better plan.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Madalina T
Reviewed December 26, 2012

After a long search we found this place. After a few minutes in our room we found there wasn't a blanket on our bed. We called down and told her she asked "Do you really need a blanket"? Yes we said. Ten minutes the blanket came. Then!! We noticed we hadn't any towels. We called again, waited a few more minutes and went to sleep. When I woke up I looked again and still no towels could be found, I didn't want to wake my wife I walked down the manage was speaking to the maid I told her we didn't have any towels she looked at the maid with anger.

Room Tip: Check the room
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple