See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Maybe the intermittently flashing neon "open" sign and the confusing difficulty of locating the front door should have been the first tip off to our stay at Hotel Aladdin which has quickly become one of those laughable "can-you-believe-that-actually-happened-never-again!!" kind of memories. New husband and I booked a simple boutique room for one night because it was close to the airport and we literally had only about 8 hours til our next flight. We thought, "wow, way cheaper than the rest of the hotels around, great!" Not so great. Initial impressions walking into the "lobby" (think cheap roadside motel front desk reception) included a weird scent (that went on to permeate all the rooms, it turns out) and the sight of a chintzy fake gold Christmas tree in the corner (still hadn't gotten around to taking that down mid-January?). Girl at the desk was rather emotionless and seemed to have a hard time finding our online reservation as she shuffled through a stack of papers. No high-tech operations here. As we go to our room, we find out we "conveniently" have a GARAGE under our room...yep...that's a first for a hotel stay. We spent about 10 minutes in said garage trying to get our room key to work to no avail. Went back to desk and girl switched it out for a new key. More multiple tries, no luck. Instead of offering assistance the girl switches our room and gives us another key. At least this one works.

Initial impressions of the room was the very strong perfume smell (again) and a stained and spotted carpet that leads you upstairs. You hope it gets better as you climb the stairs...could be cool, right, like a studio apartment style? Or not. In its favor, Hotel Aladdin must have spent the most money hiring a web designer to put together a very nice looking virtual hotel; sadly, the room itself is a far cry from the sultry professional photographs online that lure in their guests. The bed appears nice and relatively clean, and a glass-walled shower could be construed as romantic, but the weirdness continues: mirrors over the bed ("Honey, I don't know if I can sleep like this") and a glass enclosed toilet ("what the...."), a couple teeny tiny toiletries on the counter ("good thing we have our own"), and a door with a sign reading "Do not open only fire escape door" ("Which door? Is that even English?")

But let's get down to the real cons...

-No real restaurant options close for those without vehicle access. We walked about 1.5 miles to a hole-in-the-wall place through a sketchy neighborhood and had about 5 cop cars fly by us lights and sirens and all. Would not have ventured out by myself if I was a single lady.
-We only had 2 small towels in the room. We asked the front desk for more and waited...nothing. Called about them again and waited...an hour or more later after we were in bed someone knocked but left without leaving towels before we got to the door. Seriously??
-The sink had major issues and stayed clogged halfway full the whole time.
- No airport shuttle service or even numbers for taxis or restaurants in the room.

In an attempt to be fair, the shower was kind of fun, almost like standing under a warm rainstorm, and the bed was decently comfortable.Free breakfast offered very basic decent options (no frills here - toast, bananas, cereal, coffee with powdered coffee creamer), but was served in a very small room making it awkward to eat and maneuver around other guests you don't really want to chat with early in the morning. Enough good to make up for all the rest? I think not. At least we'll have a funny story to tell about the seediest hotel we've ever stayed in.

Room tip: Any room at the Holiday Inn across the street.
Date of stay: January 2013
2  Thank kacie t
Reviewed January 5, 2013

As soon as we arrived at Aladdin the problems started, the clerk put us in a different room than the one that we booked. After telling her the situation she rudely gave us the key to our room. Seeing that the previous room was extremely dirty, we decided to check this one out before getting settled in. When we entered the room we encountered a dreadful smell; the sheets looked like somebody just got of them, there were no blankets, no towels, the toilet was broken, the tub was dirty and the walls next to it were covered in markings from previous wall hangings. We were supposed to stay for New Years and we decided that is not the place we want to spend the Holidays so we went back to the clerk for a refund. I offered to pay for one night and "check out early", but she was rude and said there are no refunds. After having a conversation with her boss on the phone entirely in Spanish (I don't speak Spanish), she informed me that I can get my money back for the 3 nights that I booked but they will keep the deposit (around $100). We were just happy that we could get out of there and find a decent hotel. Seriously avoid this place at all costs. There are some very nice empty parking lots nearby where you can sleep in your car; a better plan.

Date of stay: December 2012
3  Thank Madalina T
Reviewed December 26, 2012

After a long search we found this place. After a few minutes in our room we found there wasn't a blanket on our bed. We called down and told her she asked "Do you really need a blanket"? Yes we said. Ten minutes the blanket came. Then!! We noticed we hadn't any towels. We called again, waited a few more minutes and went to sleep. When I woke up I looked again and still no towels could be found, I didn't want to wake my wife I walked down the manage was speaking to the maid I told her we didn't have any towels she looked at the maid with anger.

Room tip: Check the room
Date of stay: December 2012
3  Thank Wes W
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I had initally had my reservations about this hotel. It was not a major chain and located closer to the airport. However, after arriving I was pleased by the room. It was clean chic and comfortable. The proximity to Miami Beach was only 10 minutes. I would definitely stay again.

Date of stay: October 2012
1  Thank ShenaBeene
Reviewed October 23, 2012

At 10pm on Oct 20, 2012 my husband and I were in the room when someone with a room key tried to come in! We had the extra lock on the top of the door on so he couldn't. My husband went after him and the guy kept saying "sorry man". We complained to the surly front desk person who said "We were doing check-out, it was a mistake". There is no check-out at 10 pm at night. I am convinced the staff saw us come in with a new tv and thought we were out and decided to help themselves to it. We complained the next morning, were told another story, they refused to give us our money back and there was no hotel manager in sight, available by phone or anywhere to deal with this. On top of this, the room was dirty, the design is weird (glass doors so you can watch your husband pee) and the overall energy of the hotel is equal to that of a cemetary. The staff are surly at best, the so-called 'breakfast' is junky food from the corner store. DON'T EVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL!

Room tip: there are no decent rooms here.
Date of stay: October 2012