WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs
West Bay, Grand Cayman
“Cheap, cheap, cheap”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

So overall low budget old place and I have low standards

My flight was canceled so I took a shuttle to a cheap hotel but they ended up being full and they sent me to the Runway Inn. It was late and I was exhausted so I went with it. The internet absolutely did not work which was essentially for me to rebook my flight. I ended up going to the airport first thing the next morning to be able to book it. Being exhausted I ended up sleeping decently in spite of the extreme smell.

So good;
Low cost
Free regular shuttle
decent breakfast thing

Bad;
smell
no internet

A side story;
This place was the only place in Miami I used my credit card and I had to cancel it as it was used for fraudulent purchases at the Miami Walmart.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank daenergymon
Joseph K, Guest Relations Manager at Runway Inn, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear daenergymon,
Thank you for posting your review of the Runway Inn on TripAdvisor. I am sorry to hear about the experience you had when staying at our hotel. We value all of our guest feedback, because it helps us learn from our mistakes, and it tells us to continue what we are doing right. Our main objective is customer satisfaction, and it seems we did not do that in your case. I will inform our department managers of your comments, so we can take care of these issues. Thank you again for taking the time out of your day to post this review.
Director.customerservices@gmail.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Turkish first
St. John's, Antigua
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

My husband and I stayed here while passing through Miami. Our first impression was OH NO. This hotel is very tired. The receptionist was not friendly, we were treated like they were doing us a favor by assisting us. The restaurant across the street, looked like a dump, but was actually good Latino food and was busy with Cuban and South American patrons singing Karoke. We really had a good laugh.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Barbaraoverseas,
Thank you for posting your review of the Runway Inn on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear that you were able to take the walk across the street to experience the food culture that Miami has to offer. I am sorry to hear about the experience you had when staying at our hotel. We value all of our guest feedback, because it helps us learn from our mistakes, and it tells us to continue what we are doing right. Our main objective is customer satisfaction, and it seems we did not do that in your case. I will inform our department managers of your comments, so we can take care of these issues. Thank you again for taking the time out of your day to post this review.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014

We were going to stay there one night before our cruise and one night afterwards. Our flight connection to Miami left without us and we had to cancel our reservation for our first night. They were very understanding and did not charge us even though they could have. After our cruise, they allowed us to check in at 9:00 am. We were gone all day and returned back for showers and bed. Older, no elevator, but clean and nice bed linens. The shuttle runs every hour and took us to the airport the next morning without problems. I would recommend it, if you want a very basic place to stay. We would stay there again. Thanks Runway for your service!

• Stayed May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear aj_boz,
Thank you very much for your review of the Runway Inn posted on TripAdvisor. I am very happy to hear that we were able to help you out with your reservation cancellation, as our general cancellation policy requires a 24 hour notice. We do our best to provide our guests with the best experience possible, and it is great to hear that we were able to check you into your room prior to the check in time. Our hotel provides a complimentary shuttle both to and from the airport to take a little bit of stress off of our guests in the midst of their travel plans. Thank you again for this helpful review and we look forward to your next stay with us.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here in April 2014 before our cruise. Room was clean and comfortable. Price was reasonable. It is an older hotel but that makes it kinda cool. Next time we are in Miami we will stay here again. For the person who posted that photo saying they were bit by bedbugs that's so not true those are Gnat bites. They are from what us floridians call No See Ums cause you don't see them biting you. There were NO bugs in this hotel.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rose J
Dear Rose J,
Thank you very much for posting your review of the Runway Inn on TripAdvisor. Our hotel is an attractive layover destination because, as you stated, we are reasonably priced, and we also provide a free shuttle both to and from the airport. I am glad to read that you found your accommodations to be clean and comfortable. We are an older hotel, but our staff takes pride in keeping it maintained the way they do. We are always glad when a guest recognizes that hard work. Thank you again for your review, and we hope to see you back in Miami soon.
Knoxville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

Its a old, dated place - actually I think Kennedy & Monroe were dating when the carpet was laid. So, it has a bleached clean aroma - though it really was clean enough. The bathroom is about 5' x 5' for everything - I mean small. A fat person probably will not be able to sit on the toilet well, if at all (sorry to be graphic-but it is pertinent...). On the other hand you can say it has a 50's - 60's period feel with wood paneling & some darker colors. Though stressed, the receptionist was helpful and for the money it couldn't be more convenient to the airport. For the price this is really its main function unless you can handle a hostel, which couldn't be closer.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dear GetMeOuttaHerePronto,
Thank you very much for posting your review of the Runway Inn on TripAdvisor. We are an older hotel, but our staff takes pride in keeping it maintained the way they do. Our hotel is an attractive layover destination because, as you stated, we are reasonably priced, and we also provide a free shuttle both to and from the airport. Thank you again for taking the time out of your day to post this review.
New Britain, Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

Spoke to the agent at the front desk after I got stuck at the airport for 16 hours. Told him I booked a room online, he dismissed me, told me he's full and hung up on me before I could get a word in. Tried calling 3 times, same thing. I would not recommend to anyone.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank syl711
Dear syl711,
walut grove, az
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

We lucked out by getting a first floor room facing the runway. Didn't notice the runway noise. Room smelled of bleach, it was a renovated room, had 1 bed, was tiny and cramped, the mattress was extremely comfortable, the bathroom had no room for a toiletries bag, there were 2 electrical outlets in the room. Rooms have no insulation between rooms, so you are living with your neighbors. Price is $30-40 less than 2 nearby hotels we have experience with. Pick what is important, saving some money or getting a larger room.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear upfisk,
Thank you for posting your review of the Runway Inn on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear that you were able to enjoy one of our recently renovated rooms, and found the accommodations to be comfortable as well. We value all of our guest feedback, because it helps us learn from our mistakes, and it tells us to continue what we are doing right. Our main objective is customer satisfaction, and it seems we did not do that in your case. I will inform our department managers of your comments, so we can take care of these issues. Thank you again for taking the time out of your day to post this review.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami Springs
Comfort Suites Miami Airport North
Sleep Inn at Miami International Airport
BEST WESTERN PLUS Miami Airport North Hotel & Suites
Ramada Miami Springs/Miami International Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Miami Airport West
Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs

Been to Runway Inn? Share your experiences!