“Stopover”

Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Miami Springs
Overijse, Belgium
“Stopover”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

We checked in at 20:30 and out at 04:00 so weren't really concerned if we managed to get any sleep or not. This was just as well as people are arriving at all times of the night and the walls are extremely thin.

However, we found the manager extremely helpful and he informed us that after we had checked in and dropped off our hire car to call him from the airport and he would let us know when the shuttle would collect us. And he did. It was a tight squeeze but we all fitted in and the lady dropped us off at the Runway before delivering her passengers to the Days Inn (owned by the same person, apparently).

Indeed there's nothing much in the way of food or restaurants in the area and the shuttle bus driver said the Days Inn was the best place. We ate there on her advice and because we just wanted something. It did the job but I wouldn't go out of my way to eat there again.

After 5 hours sleep we took the shuttle back from the hotel to MIA to catch our flight out. Sure, the room had a sticky floor and the shower had no pressure but if you consider that a taxi is €15 each way from the airport and they offer a free shuttle in their bargain room rate then you really can't go wrong.

Maybe the Days Inn is a better bet but the Runway Inn did the job for us.

Room Tip: There's no elevator so choose the ground floor if you have lots of luggage.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank DeuxCarr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Czech first
  • Turkish first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

This was the most horrible hotel experience. It starts with a long wait at the airport as the shuttle service is not very good at all. I was told it runs every hour. When you get to the hotel you find out there is no elevator. Given that most of the people who stay there are just coming from or going to the airport that really no help at all. It then follows with a dirty bathroom. They tell you that there are several food options around but they aren't close at all, and given that during the time that I was checking in two unsavoury characters walked in to the lobby (one pretending the get cash out the ATM and the other to ask if there was any more rooms left but he didn't ask the guy at the desk he asked another guest checking in) I would certainly not be venturing out of the grounds. The room had to have been cleaned by a blind person. There was so much hair in the shower that it grossed me out and I had to run the hot water for a significant amount of time just to make sure that I could feel that I could use it. My hand wipes came in handy for my one night. The guy at the front desk at check out time seemed like he rather be anywhere but there. I was horrified while he left his post to go just outside the front door to have a cigarette while the phone rang repeatedly. Even when he was coming back in his steps never quickened at the sound of the ringing phone. Given its a 2 star hotel I didn't expect luxury. But I did expect a clean room and helpful staff. That was not the case here

Room Tip: If you've got lots of bags ask for a ground floor when booking. There are no elevators
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Whitewater, Wisconsin, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

I had the worst experience at this hotel.They made it sound fabulous, but it was far from it. Planned to stay there the few nights before my cruise but left after being there for 2 hours. The room was small, the bathroom was a shoe box. The tv in my room was probably about a 19 inch tube tv. The shower wreaked of bleach and our toilet seat had pee on it. There was a long black hair in the bed as I pulled down the covers, a long black hair hanging from our bathroom sink and the pillows & blankets had stains on them. You could hear everything going on outside your door & at one point, an employee even walked into my room w/o knocking! AVOID THIS PLACE! It is worth paying extra to stay somewhere else! I paid $100 for the two hours I spent there crying searching for a new place to stay!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Melanie H
Toronto
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

Lets start by saying that you get what you pay for. This is a no frills hotel at a reasonably cheap price. Overall I don't have anything overly negative to say about it. We were arriving late for a cruise the following morning, for our purposes it served us well. By far the biggest thing it has going for it in my opinion is the free shuttle to the cruise port. That is essentially a $35 freebie they throw in. Rooms are basic, our shower head barely worked, a bit of an odd smell we noticed as well. Overall, nothing special but the free shuttle to and from airport (offered by other hotels in the area as well) and the free shuttle to the cruise port (not offered by other hotels in the area) is a plus. Also the breakfast was surprisingly good with good variety. If staying only for a night and going to the port the next day, definitely go for it. If staying longer or not there for a cruise you may want to look at other options.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank kraver
Key West, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

Asked to see a room upon arrival, was shown room 208 which wasn't bad. The room was small, the bathroom nice (tile and stand up glass shower), the ac was cold, flat screen tv, the linens were clean, the room didn't smell, the walls had a few scratches and dings, the closet was a little funky, overall the room was ok. The guy who checked me in on the night of 12/27/2012 was nice and answered all my questions. The parking lot is a little scary I think putting up some taller fencing would add more privacy and security. Fridge and microwave were not in the room but I was only sleeping overnight so that did not affect me. I don't see myself staying in that area anytime soon but if I did I would stay there again, especially if they added that talk fence around the parking area.

• Stayed December 2012
Stockholm, Sweden
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

We stayed here for one night, arriving in Miami late in the evening and needing a place to stay for the night until we picked up our car the next day. There is a shuttle bus from the airport to the hotel but the system is a bit weird, aka there is no system. You just stand outside the airport with loads of other tired tourists waiting and looking for a bus with the name of your hotel. So be prepared to wait..

Anyhow, the hotel is ok, you get what you pay for. The main thing: it's clean, it's cheap and close to MIA. BUT: bring earplugs as there are many sounds, from doors closing and ventilation. Would I stay there again? Yes. Cause it's clean and cheap.

• Stayed December 2012
Miami Springs
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

We were apalled by the site of the hotel. Very different from what we saw on the internet. we have decided that we will never book any hotels online. We will go directly to the hotel website. This motel was very old, dirty and in a bad area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami Springs
Coconut Grove
Hampton By Hilton Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables
Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airp...
#10 of 16 in Miami Springs

Been to Runway Inn? Share your experiences!