“It's clean!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs
Edinburgh
“It's clean!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2011

Stayed here overnight after long flight from UK We waited an hour for shuttle bus - if we'd realised, we would have taken a taxi.
Checkin was OK - not very friendly. Room was clean, but very tired and dated. Fittings need to be replaced and doors painted. Outlook was dingy and windows dirty. Safe didn't work. Mattress has a waterproof cover on so woke up during night thinking I'd had an accident!!
There was no hair dryer, but toiletries were supplied. The towels were more a hand towel size.
Checkout OK and a bit more friendly. It's OK, you get what you pay for!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Turkish first
Orlando
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

I stayed at this hotel on May 12th with a mission team. I arrived at the hotel first about 9:30am before my team members arrival much later at MIA. I knew I was way too early to check in. So I didn't bother going to the desk. I piled my luggage againist a mirrored pillar in the lobby and left it. No one bothered it. The lobby reminds me of art deco hotels in South Beach. If you arrive at night, the hotel does look like it is in a scary area. But it is in a good neigborhood. I walked the residential streets behind the hotel in daylight and did not feel afraid. I walked 36th street EAST towards I-95. The sidewalk is very close to the street and there is lots of busy traffic. There is an airport diner on 36th street about 2 blocks EASTof the hotel. The 5 of us had breakfast there the next morning. I had a blueberry topped waffle and side of bacon for under $10. Pretty good. There is also a Chevron gas station nearby too. About 9-10 blocks EAST of the hotel is a Office Depot, Pollo Tropical (Chicken on the Grill) and a Burger King. About 8-9 blocks WEST of the hotel is a McDonald's and an IHOP. I returned back to the hotel at 12:30PM and the manager greeted me as soon as I walked in the door and asked if I was waiting for a room. He found a room on the first floor close to the lobby. Room #136. It was very small room with 2 double beds. But very clean. Tiled floor throughout. Small bathroom with a small glass enclosed shower stall. Maids were helpful to give me bath towels, hand towels, washcloths, shampoo and soap enough for 4 people. The towels are the poor quality kind. Thin with a rough texture. The beds were beautifully made. The mattress was very comfortable to sleep on. There is no thermostat. So you cannot adjust the temperature and that room was cold! The window view was of a dreary alley. Out past the lobby are vending machines with snacks, tolietires and ice machine. No elevator to the second floor. Stairs only. The next morning checkout was a breeze. We did not have the complimentary breakfast. So I cannot comment on that. The shuttle to the airport was a blessing and the driver did not mind handling our heavy 50lb luggage and ministry totes. If you are looking for a cheap hotel close to the airport then stay here. If you want luxury go to a chain you recognize and pay a lot more. Photos attached.

Room Tip: ask for 1st floor renovated room.
  • Stayed May 2011
1 Thank barbie1959
Vacaville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2011

This was one of many hotels we stayed in on our trip from Washington, D.C., to Key West, and departing for our home in California from Miami.

The pros were that it had a shuttle to the airport and back, and it had adequate air conditioning, which is important in Miami's heat and humidity.

The cons.....................

The room had a hard, uncomfortable bed, no fridge, no microwave, a very small tv, a pedastal in the bath so no room for cosmetics and the a/c was central, so the only control was to stand on a stool and adjust the near-ceiling vent. I was lucky I was 6'1". Once a maid walked in on us without knocking in the middle of the day.

We were woken in the middle of the night with wheeled luggage rolling up and down the TILE halls -- yes, they were not carpeted. Very noisy. And talking in the halls was amplified as well.

The older front clerk was usually very grumpy and unhelpful and seemed miffed by our questions. I asked for another pillow and it never arrived. He had said it might be difficult to arrange since there no maid staff available (early evening). When we tried to get a shuttle ride from the airport after leaving off our rental car, I called twice and let it ring until a message said no one was available. We recalled that the shuttle was shared with Days Inn by the airport, so called them and they answered immediately and sent a shuttle. In the van another couple from Runway said they had called 4 times and finally got a response and a van ordered. Terrible, uncaring service! And unfortunately we had to spend two nights there!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
rathdrum, Idaho, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2011

The shuttle to and from the airport was a dream. Beyond that, this place is a nightmare. From the insect-eaten wood trim, to the non-functioning television, to the huge glob of hair laying on the floor drain--this place is horrible! Couple all of that with weeks and weeks of caked-on toothpaste from other guests on the faucets and mirror, an entrance door that does not lock securely (or open smoothly), and you'll lay awake all night wondering if you'll be eaten alive by bedbugs, or broken into. They do have safes in the rooms; mine was in the closet. However, when I opened the closet door the permeating odor of mold made me decide that nothing would make me go in there again. I wouldn't even open my suitcase for fear of infesting it with bugs or mold.

Room Tip: Go anywhere else but here!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Layton, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2011

The web page was very deceiving! The place is an absolute dump! We had a reservation that we had confirmed by email thought it was cool that they were so on the ball! The clerk couldnt find our reservation! No elevator, no ice. Service was extremely poor! Breakfast was so skimpy and not near enough to go around for the amount of guests!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Morrison, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2011

Check-in was a mess - took about 2 hours, because the hotel was overbooked and didn't have enough rooms for the people who were there. We did get a room, and it was just ok, maybe a 2 rating, if that. Location was not in a very good area and we had to make sure we found some place to eat while it was still light - they will tell you there are lots of places near the hotel to eat, not really. An airline pilot who was staying there had money stolen out of his room during the time he went to eat and upon his return. He filed a police report - we were there during this and talked personally to him. . We actually stayed there the night before we left on our cruise and upon our return.Unfortunately, when you have so many ships coming in and going out, everything is full. We would not stay there and would not recomment this place to anyone

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Phoenix
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2011

A colleague and I stayed in this hotel, intending to stay five days for business. The rooms were clean, and the bed was good, but there is not too much accommodation for the business traveler. The Internet was good, and the staff was friendly, but there are no desks anywhere to work, and the rooms are a bit small. We checked out after two days.

I would stay again for a one night stay before going onto a cruise or somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami Springs
Sleep Inn at Miami International Airport
Comfort Suites Miami Airport North
BEST WESTERN PLUS Miami Airport North Hotel & Suites
Clarion Inn  & Suites Miami Airport
Ramada Miami Springs/Miami International Airport
Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs

Been to Runway Inn? Share your experiences!