Courtyard by Marriott Miami Lakes
$135
$114
$124
$109
Courtyard Fort Lauderdale SW/Miramar(Miramar)(Great Value!)
$119
$120
GardenInn.com
$120
$109
All reviewstypical courtyardstayed hereperfect for business travelersstrip mallfront deskpalmetto expresswaystarbucks coffeequick accessbusiness tripcomfortable bedrooms are cleanup to datefirst floorpool areaconvenient locationlobbymiami
Reviewed December 15, 2012

What a great place! The outside is nicely landscaped, beautiful grounds, palm trees, very inviting. The lobby as well is well decorated, well lit, very pretty, and clean. They serve free Starbucks coffee until probably noon time. There a 2 computers to use in the lobby with great large screens, comfortable chairs, a printer, tape, pens, paperclips-super!! Free newspapers. The rooms are super clean, tidy, neat. The bed was a little firm, big firm pillows as well. There is no refridgerator in the room, which would certainly add to this review. Quiet for sleeping.There are quite a few shops very close by, restaurants, ( try Einstein Brothers Bagels EXCELLENT!!!!), pharmacy, gas.Polite service too.
Unfortunately not close to the beaches, or downtown Miami, South Beach, etc, about 1 hour drive away. I would definately stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank freeme!
CourtyardMgmtML, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

We’re very proud of how our renovation came out and are happy to say many of our guests are extremely pleased as well. Positive feedback like yours is always appreciated and lets us know that we’re doing a good job at maintaining it for our guests. We do serve our complimentary Barista Bold Blend coffee in the lobby until 10:00am and we have Starbucks for purchase all day. Although as you say we are further away from Miami Beach and Downtown, we are close to many attractions like major shopping and outlet malls like Sawgrass Mills Mall and Shops at Pembroke Gardens, Sun Life Stadium, Calder Race Track and Casino, among others. Our staff will be more than happy to see you stay with us so we can once again make your stay an enjoyable one.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

I am a regular at this hotel and I stay there by choice. First this hotel is in the location where I need to be. But, what keeps me coming back is the front desk and Bistro staff. They are friendly, courteous and I always feel welcome by them. True that I’m a regular and they already personally know me, but I see them treating everyone that walks through the front door the same.
They always exceed the norm, and I like that.

Room Tip: Rooms on the interior, where the windows face the Courtyard are better. This location borders a school and a shopping plaza with a day care. If you need to sleep during the day, you want the courtyard side rooms.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
CourtyardMgmtML, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback about the Courtyard Marriott in Miami Lakes. It’s always a pleasure to hear back from our guests, but even more so from one of our regulars. We take great pride in giving our guests the best experience possible and providing them with exceptional service that surpasses their expectations. As with you, we want to make them feel welcomed every time they return and show them the Marriott excellent service standards for which we are known for. I am pleased you enjoyed your time with us.

Once more, thank you and we look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

I arrived about 215PM on a Sunday and was immediately told by a rather rude lady that I was early and she would have to see if there was a room for early checking. After speaking Spanish on the phone in front of me, she informs me it would be after 3 for a room. It was just the way she is telling me, that felt like she was enjoying it.
I sat in the lobby until the football game hit half time, about 25 minutes. I then walked over to the desk and asked of a room had opened up. She immediately said without even checking, I told you it would be an hour. I said no, you said after 3, but I thought I would ask since it had been 25 minutes. All this time I am trying to be pleasant.
I went out to the car, called up the Marriott app on my phone and found another Courtyard 10 minutes away and made a new reservations and cancelled the one at this hotel.
I left, never to return.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Terry B

Thank you providing us with feedback concerning your recent experience with our hotel. While we always do our best to accommodate arrivals prior to check in time which is 3:00pm, there are times when our occupancy doesn’t allow us to expedite room turnover as quickly as we would like to. Unfortunately the weekend you had reservations with us we were full and there were no rooms available when you arrived. We understand that our guest services representative speaking Spanish over the phone made you uncomfortable and I apologize that it did. However the housekeeper who was to clean the room you were checking into speaks Spanish as her first language. Our agent was confirming with her with when the room would be ready.

We always appreciate any comments that can help us to continuously improve on customer service. Our goal is to always exceed our guest’s expectations. Once more, thank you for your feedback. We hope we have another opportunity to better showcase this.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Depending on where you are looking to spend your time, the location may or may not be ideal. It is far west, so was a bit of a drive to get to either the beach or up towards Ft Lauderdale. There is also not too much by the hotel (a small strip mall with a Winn Dixie and an Outback Steakhouse). It was clean and quiet, but the internet was a bit spotty, which made working difficult. Nothing was above and beyond, it was pretty much just status quo. No great amenities (although most Courtyards don't nowadays). I'd look for a different hotel before coming back here unless you were going somewhere very close by. It did have easy highway access though.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

We appreciate you taking time to post your feedback about our property. Our hotel is conveniently located just off 826, with quick connections to mayor highways that provide you with easy access to many attractions. We are on the north end of the Miami Dade County, about 15 miles from Miami International Airport and about 20 from Fort Lauderdale International Airport. Although many of our guests are corporate clients from many of neighboring business, we do have many attractive features for the leisure guest. While we are further away from Miami Beach, we are close to many attractions that are 10 to 15 miles or less away. There are many malls like Shops at Pembroke Gardens, Pembroke Lakes Mall, Dolphin Mall and Miami International Mall. We are also close to the Calder Casino and Race Track, Sun Life Stadium and Main Street on Miami Lakes, which feature many shops and restaurants like Chili’s, Ruby Tuesday, On the Border among other local places.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

I stayed here because my client has special rates, and have stayed here for the same reason on and off for the last 8 years.

The hotel is "satisfactory" at best. Not particularly comfortable bedding (very thin blanket, and dumpy pillows, although not lumpy like some other places)

From a business perspective, their internet connection speed is intolerable. Speedtest.net measured it at 0.16 Kpbs...about a third the speed of dial-up. Front desk said that they hadn't had any complaints but that they just put wireless in a month or so ago and were probably still trying to "get it right". No wired option in the room. It's a deal-killer for anyone who relies on after hours connection for their livelihood.

On the flip side. Staff is extremely personable. Dining options are not much more than deli fare, but passable. Rooms are clean.

I'll stay somewhere else next time even faced with a far longer commute.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
CourtyardMgmtML, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback about your experience with our hotel. As part of our recent renovation we upgraded the Internet service and installed wireless in the rooms. We increased the speed of connection to be more than that of the wired Internet we previously had, making it more efficient. Our guests have welcomed this changed with very positive feedback. With today’s preferences for gadgets like tablets for work, this transition to wireless has been received with praises. It is unfortunate that your stay with us was during a time when the kinks were being worked out.

You might be interested in knowing that the next phase for our rooms during this following year is to install new mattresses. We hope that your have the opportunity to experience us after this stage so that we can provide you with a new perspective of our hotel.

I am pleased that you found our staff to give personable service. This service culture is part of what makes Marriott a leader in the industry and something we always strive for. We like to make sure that all of our guests feel at home, more so since many of them, like you, are frequent ones.

Again, thank you for your feedback.