WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #31 of 50 Restaurants in Miami Lakes
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Pembroke Pines, Florida
“Very disappointing at lunchtime.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

Pro: convenient to Highway I-75
Delicious Zucchini Fries

Con: World’s smallest single serve pizza
Bland tasting food.

We eagerly visited this restaurant to use the Gift Card we had received. We will never return on our own dime.

The menu that appears online is only the dinner menu, although nothing on the website says that. We made our selections from the mouth-watering descriptions online. However at the restaurant we found that only a handful of the items are available at lunch.

We ordered the Tomatoes Caprese appetizer to share. The waiter failed to bring a second plate so we were forced to both eat out of the same plate.

The appetizer itself was disappointing. A lump of mozzarella centered the plate. The heirloom tomatoes were sliced so thinly that they were difficult to pick up with a fork. The entire appetizer reminded me of cotton candy. It disappeared in our mouths at the slightest touch.

My wife’s favorite pizza is the Margherita pizza. She ordered the “individual size” Margherita pizza. She received the smallest individual size pizza we have ever seen. It measured 5 ½ inches across. It was totally lost on the plate.

Thin cracker-style crust was layered with the tomato on the bottom and the mozzarella on top causing everything to slide off the pizza slices. Totally unsatisfying.

We questioned the waiter about the tiny size of the pizza. He told us it was the kids’ size pizza. He also admitted that he forgot to warn us about the small size when we placed our order.

Fortunately the pizza came with a side salad of substantial size. Perhaps the menu should read “salad with a sample-size pizza.”

I ordered the Chicken Parmesan Panini with Zucchini Fries. The Panini was dry and tasteless. The Zucchini Fries were light and delicious!

The driving directions we received were rather vague. Know that this restaurant is at the very far left end of the group of stores, past the supermarket.

My suggestion is to skip this place for lunch. It was nearly empty so perhaps the locals already know that.

Maybe dinner is better, but we won’t visit again to find out.

The much maligned Olive Garden is far better than this place.

As my Italian grandmother would have said, “Che delusione.”

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank CenVillager316

Miami, Florida
“Better then you think”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012 via mobile

This is a very cozy rest. Located just off 75 on Miami Gardena Drive. Service is great, food is very good, when they have the ribeye steak, there is nobody that can cook a better steak in the south.

Sit at the bar counter at the kitchen, you get to see how they prepare the fresh ingredient dishes. They (cooks) even sometimes give you some appetizers to sample while you wait.

Trust me you won't go wrong here, much superior to those other Italian chain rest. I won't name, but eat way better!!

Florida
“very disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2012

We went early Saturday evening, around 6. Hostess didn't bother to greet us, just asked how many and then walked off to go look for a table, no be right back, just a moment, etc, just walked off. Service was so-so but he took my companions water to be refill (only thing he was drinking) and never came back, we finally had to ask for it. Food was VERY disappointing. Pollo Rosa Maria that is supposed to be stuffed with prosciutto only had 2 tiny little slivers in 1 of the pieces, nothing in the other. The mussels, which I ALWAYS order as they are my favorite didn't taste right, sweetish, sticky sauce with only a very tiny amount of garlic. Men's bathroom stall lock broken so it wouldn't stay closed. The floor was just filthy next to us with crumbs and what looked like tiny pieces of torn up paper, hostess saw this and didn't bother to have anyone clean up (remember this was early). We didn't bother to complain to manager about all of above, figured there was so much wrong that it had to start with management. However, did write Corporate Carrabba's and they DIDN'T EVEN BOTHER TO RESPOND! I love the mussels but I can do better at home with a copycat recipe than what I got for my birthday dinner. We'll be passing on any Carrabba's from now on as apparently corporate can't be bothered either.

• Visited May 2012
Miami
“un restaurante comun”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2011

This place is not really Italian, its Italian American very different plus it a restaurant chain what do you expect, go to a real Italian place you will see the difference....
not bad but nothing to talk about ....

• Visited October 2011
Miami, Florida
“I am suprised it is still open”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2011

For $18 I received half a cup of soup, ten thin pieces of asperagus, five small scallops and five small shrimp. My wife for $16 dollars receieved a six inch bowl of manacotti with a chemical frozen food taste and a cup of soup half filled. On both dishes you can see more plate than food. This place definetly set the all time record for bad value in my book, $34 for less food and equal quality as a lean cusine frozen food.

• Visited October 2010