WINNER WONDERLAND

Good for: Families with children
Jacksonville, Florida
“Pretty Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

We ordered take out as we were staying in a nearby hotel. location was incredibly convenient. I ordered chicken & cashew stir-fry & didn't think to ask them about their spice (heat) levels & they didn't prompt me so this meal looked great but was bland which was disappointing. My husband ordered teriyaki chicken & was happy with his meal. The size of the meals is great, plenty of food, & they also gave us a bowl of miso soup & a side salad with ginger sauce which he enjoyed too. I love Thai food & have eaten it all around the world so I really know what I like. If I'd had a bit more flavor I would have been happier. The staff were friendly & the menu had lots of different options, & there seemed to be plenty of customers at tables so my experience may have been due to my lack of communication on my part.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Julianne W

Wichita, Kansas
“Good thai food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

If you are hungry for thai food and find yourself in Miami Lakes, Fl. then look no further than King and I. First off, if you see the strip mall on one side of Miami Lakes drive and a big storage building on the other, go the side with the strip mall no matter what the GPS tells you to do. It is located in a strip mall, which does not affect the taste of the food or value. I had a vegtable curry with white rice and my wife had the vegtable sushi which was very good. The wait staff are from Thailand, and their dishes have heat values of 1,2,3 and Thai hot. The curry was very nice, but I wished the vegtables were cut in bigger pieces. You should give it a try and decide for yourself.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Rus M
baltimore, maryland
“So What, it's in a Strip Mall? Who Cares? Step Inside!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

Yes, it's tucked away in a strip mall, near a Winn Dixie grocery store. Once inside, the atmosphere quickly takes you away from suburbia and transports you to a cozy, comfortable Asian oasis. The huge fishtank by the front door serves the set the boundary between the "outside world" and the King and I Thai Restaurant world.

My two adult children and I were there on a Friday night, and yes, it was busy. But if it wasn't busy on a Friday night, that would be a bad sign to begin with. So service was a little slow - but forgivable. Maybe management should add another waiter - or perhaps they had a no-show. Either way, the service was friendly, accomodating, and accurate.

The food was simply fantastic. The flavor and presentation were world class (I know that sounds funny, when referring to a suburban Thai restaurant in Miami Lakes, FL - but I have traveled the world, and the Thai food was as good as I've found anywhere).

This was the third time I've been to this restaurant, and if it's a place that I know I'll visit a couple of times, I like to wait to review after I've taken in the experience a time or two. This third visit was consistent with the previous two and I'm happy to officially (as if I'm some sort of professional restaurant critic!!) pronounce the King and I a destination of choice for Thai in the Miami area.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank rumrunnerfrank
Baltimore, Maryland
“Good Pad Thai”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

I came to this restaurant on a business trip with a colleague of mine. I love Thai food, and this was quite acceptable in quality, but not superb! However - that being said, the food was absolutely good enough, the service attentive, the prices were reasonable, and the atmosphere was fine. In. my opinion -- this is good value for the money

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank PeggyS262
Orlando
“Good Sushi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2012

Sushi and service is good. It is somewhat expensive.

Visited April 2012