New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Excellent steaks but service disappointing” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Shula's Steak House-The Original

Shula's Steak House-The Original
Reserve with OpenTable
Shula's Steak House-The Original is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 50 Restaurants in Miami Lakes
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 826 - Expressway
Description: Shula’s Steak House is located in Shula’s Golf Club in Miami Lakes, Florida and is the original and first of many Shula’s Steak Houses to open across the United States. Dining at Shula’s Steak House is like no other Miami Lakes restaurant experience. This Miami Lakes restaurant is a celebration of the 1972 undefeated season of the Miami Dolphins. Known for its Premium Black Angus Beef and the oversized portions, you will not leave this restaurant hungry.
Pembroke Pines, Florida
“Excellent steaks but service disappointing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

My wife and I went to Shula's for the first time. We brought some friends along to celebrate my wife's birthday. My wife belonged Team Shula, so her entree was comped.I started with the lobster bisque. It was delicious. The dash of sherry added to the flavor.I then had the filet oscar and my wife had 12 oz. filet migon. Both were delicious and cooked perfectly, although the less then generous amount of crab on top of my filet was disappointing.
We shared side dishes of creamed spinach and twice baked potatoes. Both were good, but nothing to rave about.
I felt that the atmosphere of the restaurant was nice. Since it was still light outside, our view was the golf course, The restaurants tables are far enough apart, so you aren't privy to others conversations.
Unfortunately, I felt the service was not as attentive as I expected. I had long gaps where my water needed to be replenished. The waitress appeared to have other things on her mind throughout the evening and gave us very little attention. She didn't really interact with us very well. Mistakes were made with timing of dishes with no apology. We had been told that when it is your birthday and you belong to Team Shula, they sometimes bring that person a cake. Well, one of the servers brought a small cake with ice cream to my wife with a candle on it. He sang Happy Birthday along with us. My wife blew out the candle and was ready to take a bite of the cake when the waitress quickly pulled it out from in front of her and said it was given to her by mistake and took it away. Again, no apology for the mistake.When we left there was little fanfare from the staff. I do not think we will be returning.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

“Excellent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

Had the blackened scallops and the filet. Food was cooked to perfection. Service I had was spectacular, I would come back just for that. It's a little pricy, but food and service more than made up for that.

“THE BEST SHULA'S OF ALL”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

I've eaten at many Shula's restaurants - the ALexander Hotel - the Airport - Naples - and BY FAR - THIS LOCATION IS THE BEST LOCATION, ENVIRONMENT, AND SERVICE OF ALL.

If you're staying downtown on the beach - and have a car - I would recommend making the drive to the ORIGINAL SHULA'S in the Miami Lakes area. It's about a 15 - 20 minute trip - but it is the BEST.

When you drive in - it's at Don Shula's Golf Club. There's an Indigo hotel on property - so even if you have too good of a time - there's a place to stay.

The area isn't the glitzy Miami you would think. It's Miami Lakes - more like the suburb of Miami where people who were sick of Miami would come and raise their families.

When you drive up - it doesn't look like much - but then again - neither does the location at the Alexander Hotel or Naples - but when you come in - the restaurant has a Key West feel. The walls are white (compared to the dark rich walls in the other locations) and you can actually SEE your menu.

There are nice booths and tables around - and a great bar that allows you to watch whatever is one television.

This location doesn't appear to get a lot of traffic - so the service was amazing. We never had to ask for anything - and the servers were so personable. Kudos to everyone.

I would only recommend Shula's consider changing the Alexander location to the style of the Original Shula's location. It's so dark and drab - and it's right on the beach - I would make it glow as much as possible - or consider moving to another hotel.

chicago
“Great Bar!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

Stayed at Indigo next door and really wanted to get an adult beverage after checking in. What a find!!. Delvis the bartender is a true gem. Bar is dark and clubby and everythig you would want in a bar and if you're a Dolphins fan, a true score.

1 Thank cubella59
New Orleans
“Very Disapointing!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

Was invited here for a company dinner meeting. The decor is what you would expect from a high end steak restaurant. Along with football paraphernalia from the coach himself. That's about all I can say good about our visit. I won't go into detail but service was slow. It all went downhill when the waiter spilled a whole glass of $150 a bottle,red wine, on our client. He was upset but did not cause a scene. The waiter and manager half hearted lay apologized but were never offered any replacement for the wine. As for the food When our order came, one of the steaks was the wrong cut of meat and two were overdone! Luckily for me I get to dine in many high end restaurants so I know good food and good service. For this restaurant I would say nice try but you really didn't come close to a touchdown, next time. Next time we'll be taking our team to a different playing field.