“Good dinners; breakfast needs some work”

Shula's 2 Steak & Sports
Reserve with OpenTable
Shula's 2 Steak & Sports is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 53 Restaurants in Miami Lakes
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
knoxville
“Good dinners; breakfast needs some work”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Recently stayed here on business. I picked up dinner most nights from Shula's 2 in the hotel. Everything that I tried was quite good. I had the grilled chicken sandwich and sweet potato fries, the club sandwich and regular fries, the grilled chicken salad (which is topped with fried tortilla strips - NOT listed on the menu, if you need to know that!), and the chimichurri steak with veggies. I was happy with most of my meals (although I asked for a bunless sandwich the first night, and apparently to the kitchen, that meant no bun and no toppings as well. I just took the bun off the second time instead of asking.) However, the breakfast buffet was another matter. It was identical every day I was there - two types of (soggy) scrambled eggs (which I suspect were actually a premixed egg product like EggBeaters), bacon/ham/sausage, potatoes, and pancakes, along with fruit (always the same mix - pineapple, grapes, cantaloupe, and a few strawberries), oatmeal, and various bread products. I would like to see them vary the offerings day-to-day instead of serving the exact same thing - this is not a free continental breakfast, you do pay for it. I don't eat many grains so I ended up with the exact same thing 5 mornings in a row - wet eggs, bacon, and fruit. Shula's staff was always nice and helpful, and I appreciated most of what I experienced, I just hope they improve their breakfast service - even fixing the eggs would make a difference.

• Visited June 2014

Bloomington, Illinois
“Expensive”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Overpriced for the food you get. Especially the breakfast buffet....$15 for eggs, bacon, and sausage

Visited June 2014
Peoria, Illinois
“The fresh grouper filet was outstanding!”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

The interaction with Miguel, our waiter was great. The grouper was superb. I found the prices to be on the high side but I enjoyed the meal and service. It was not crowded at all and I suspect that is because of the pricing. The breakfast buffet was excellent as well!

Visited May 2014
Washington DC
“Jocks, Burgers, Sports”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

I stay at Shula's hotel frequently on business. The burger is terrific, but the fries are soggy. Pecan crusted salmon is pretty good. The beef is very good. But if you want a quiet dinner, avoid evenings when they play raffle guessing games in the restaurant's bar. The MC obviously loves his amplified voice, few seem to be paying attention or playing. It's annoying. Oh, and during football season, a couple of Dolphins cheerleaders drop in and walk around autographing cheerleader pics.

Visited May 2014
Miami Lakes, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Jocha”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Very good place in Main Street. Delicious food and very good service. We enjoy every time we do there.

• Visited March 2014