WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Shula's Steak 2

Shula's Steak 2
Ranked #7 of 50 Restaurants in Miami Lakes
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London, United Kingdom
“Great food but . . .”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

. . . it was really expensive and lacked atmosphere! - It was $100 for 2 for lunch - 1 main course and 1 drink each - the sides are great but way too big for our small appetites!

Visited February 2013

“Was really looking forward to it...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

We are in town for a funeral and got together with family. I've been wanting to try one of the Shula restaurants so to say I was excited about going would be an understatement. First off, nothing could be altered to our specific requests...we wanted the grilled chicken salad because it sounded great but without the chicken so we could order a steak as well. We couldn't get it that way so just settled for that as our main course, each of us. It was just okay, the chicken was cold, seemed to be just poured on right from the bag, and the dressing wasn't as described in the menu, the menu says a vinegarette but actually is a cream base. I dealt with it but my husband requested oil and vinegar which they brought. Along with our salads we each had two cocktails with family to just sit and enjoy the company. When out check came it was $85.14, of course they added the tip but you could imagine our shock when that came. We were also very pleased that we didn't order the steak because others at the table did and they weren't impressed and our taste didn't impress us either.

If Mr. Shula puts his name on this restaurant I no longer have any desire to patronize any of his other places...definitely not worth the money. One final thought, this location is in Miami Lakes, Fl, Mr. Shula's home town and inside the Shula Hotel and Golf Club. I can only image what the locations elsewhere are like.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Plantation, Florida
“Great for Lunch/Brunch or Dinner!!.. Happy Hour Specials!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

The best burgers and steaks in town!!..I love going during happy hour.. I always go whenever I have a craving for some good wings, beer, steak, and burgers.. Hits the spot!!.. The service is exceptional and so is the food. You won't regret it.. Good Bar if you want to hangout and enjoy a good beer.. Also, Flat Screen Tv's so you can watch the game.. I love going during happy hour..Excellent deals!!.. No waiting.. Seated right away..The wait staff was attentive..They go above & beyond..Their's something for everyone.. Don't forget you can stroll around Main Street and catch a movie afterwards..Perfect for Dinner and Movie nights.. Don Shula's Hotel is so Beautiful..It makes the dining experience so much better.. Hope to go back to Shula's Steak House 1 & 2 soon!!!.. =)

• Visited February 2013
Berwyn, Pennsylvania
“Late arrival meal.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

Friendly service. Straightforward food. Large portion. Good salad with grilled chicken. Quiet atmosphere. Right off lobby. If they had had room service I would have used it.

I would have gone there again, but it i am having temporary mobility issues and it was easier to walk to my car and drive for food than to walk to the restaurant.

Visited January 2013
Miami, Florida
“Great steakhouse atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

Great Steak, Service and Atmosphere. Like an old fashioned Steakhouse. Outstanding selections in Meats and other main course dishes. The Best in the Lakes.

Visited April 2012