“Nice buffet....fresh sushi, and more” 4 of 5 stars

Tamura Japanese Seafood
Ranked #2 of 50 Restaurants in Miami Lakes
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Miami, Florida
“Nice buffet....fresh sushi, and more”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Went with my wife after recommendations from friends. The place is nicely decorated, clean, and the sushi selection is great. One small detail I liked is that although they have plenty to choose from, the sushi is not crowded into plates; therefore, it looks more appealing and easy to transfer to your plate. The sashimi tasted fresh and it was one of my favorites. The hibashi station was, in my opinion, average in taste. They have steak, chicken, shrimp, and (I think), calamari. For vegetables you can choose bean sprouts, mushrooms, onions, and zucchini. I had the steak, shrimp, bean sprouts, and onions. While I liked my choice, I thought it tasted a little bland. (The gentleman working the hibashi station was very nice and efficient).
The hot food section is awesome. The cream cheese wontons, sweet and sour chicken, and mushrooms are a must. Our server changed plates promptly and made sure we had everything we needed. (she was a sweetheart).
I would recommend this place to friends, family, and fellow trip advisor readers.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank djdany007

“Sushi buffet and then some!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I went with my wife and kids to Temura on a Saturday night I was recommended by a friend this place was great . The sushi selection is endless but it doesn't stop there . They have a hibachi station where you can choose from steak,chicken,shrip,etc they alson had hot dishes also the selection is endless the food is fresh there is a little for everyone , wait there is a lot for everyone so if your thinking of stopping to eat at Temura do so you'll love it.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Acrespo79
Miami, Florida
“Tamura Tomorrow and the Following Days”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Quality all around from food to variety and from cleanliness to customer service. Why go to Shin Ju in Broward when Tamura is only 2 blocks away. The temaki (homosaki) hand rolls with fried salmon skin needs improvements so Miyako in Sunny Isles is still my fav. Our family loves this place with quality high enough to meet the expectations of Japanese restaurants in SFO which we frequently travel to.
Should you eat there? ABSOLUTELY, but eat there often and be satisfied.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank EDominguezMIA
“Sushi and more....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

This is the 3rd all you can eat sushi place I've been to and I have to say this one on atmosphere and cleanliness have the others beat.

They have a generous selection of sushi and sashimi. Along with some regulars like crab rangoons, egg rolls, egg drop soup. Definitely worth the $18.

Give it a try.

1 Thank Jlopez670
“Expected more food variety”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

Not as good as Shinju...where they provide more food variety....but on a Saturday night Tamura had no wait lines...which is sometimes a problem at Shinju. At Tamura, Food tasted fresh...but sauces are very spicey...intentionally I suspect, so order lots of water. I was not impressed with this place and would rather drive to Sunny Isles or Pembroke Pines for better Japanese food. Location is nice if you want to walk or shop afterwards....but Main Street needs to liven the atmosphere if they want people to return....not like it used to be...