WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Miami Lakes
Pinellas Park,FL, United States
“Great customer Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

Awesome how 15 minutes after I checked into my room I recieved a courtesy call asking if I needed anything or was there anything they needed to address. Hall ways could be a little cleaner. A second enterance woould help too...

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank Michael C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

Great location in miami lakes nearby to restaurants, bars, movies, Starbucks etc. also close to highway 826.

Clean room for the most part, friendly service (I checked in at 9am lol), and I really liked the TV service. Guide available and show time. Not as luxury as a hilton or marriott but kind of cozy and nice location.

Stayed January 2014
Gurley, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

I stayed here with my husband do to his business trip. Upon requeste we got one of the rooms on the upper floor. The room was ok but the bed was awful. The seam of the mattress was thick and hard and once I sat on the bed I practically fell into it. It had an old mattress which was not very comfortable to sleep on. The bed skirt on one side was covered with stains. Breakfast was not the greatest either. The waffles tasted like cardboard. The staff was nice and I would have liked it if one of the housekeepers or the ladies in the breakfast room would have spoken English. I could not talk to them since I don't speak Spanish.

Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

Stayed here two nights on business recently. As others have said the floors and elevator look a bit dingy. The floors are hardwood that either needs to be refinished or carpeting installed over top. The elevator seems quite old and is a bit slow. The room itself was adequate and seemed clean enough. The microwave and fridge were greatly appreciated. Breakfast was basic, with hard boiled eggs, bagels, yogurt, cereal, etc. There is a shopping center next door with restaurants, Winn Dixie, etc., which is very convenient. One issue I had was there does not seem to be any heat in the room. It was quite chilly at night and the a/c wouldn't switch to heat and actually shut down when I tried to turn up the thermostat. One of the employees had to come up and reset it. I know it's Miami, but it still gets cold sometimes!

This is a very busy area and traffic can be a real problem, but that is not the hotel's fault. Area seemed safe enough, although a few of the guests looked a little shady to me. They looked like day laborers. As a woman traveling alone, I was a little uncomfortable with that, but I personally did not have a problem. All in all, an ok stay, but I probably wouldn't go out of my way to stay there again.

Temecula, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

The Marriott Courtyard Miami Lakes was sold out so I gave LQ a try for a budget alternative. I would have gladly paid the extra $40 for the Marriott. Next time I will pay the difference and have 1) Updated room that doesn't resemble a barracks, 2) No closet sized bathroom with loud fan, 3) A/C that works - I had to manually shut off the window A/C since the wall control was broken, 4) no mini fridge that vibrated so loudly I had to shut it off. Noisy halls and paper thin walls.

The girls in the room across the hall, RM 304, cackled all night then started again at 5:00AM. Very loud and rude. I got up to see if there was coffee and the girls came out of the room… they were wearing La Quinta employee shirts. No class.

Breakfast is like a scene from Sheriff Joe Arapio's jailhouse. Internet works fine.

Very depressing for the price, worth about $66 / night or half the price.

My standards are obviously higher than those who would give this 'motel' more than 3 stars.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Fareham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

This hotel is excellent value and in a very good place.It is in a very safe area the staff are very helpful. The breakfast really good with a great choice of foods .The rooms clean and well kept.We would stay here again.Very excellent and a great hotel

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Miami Lakes, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

The hotel is in need of an upgrade as the hallways and rooms looked almost dingy. In the bathroom, the fan was very noisy and could hear the same problem with the room next door. As for the breakfast, it was very lackluster. If I had more time I would have went to McDonalds and I don't even eat fast food. All that was there was apples, bagel/bread, waffle, cereal, & hard boiled eggs. There has to be some more healthy choices available and definitely more options for variety. They even had pictures of pastries hanging up but alas none to eat.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank Joshua W
LQGS, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Lakes, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Hi Joshua, We've received your review about your stay at our La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Lakes. It sounds like we have some Maintenance issues that need to be addressed here. We're sorry the fans in the rooms were so noisy, and we'll definitely ask our Maintenance team to look into this issue. We'll also review all of the items we offer for our Bright Side Breakfast to ensure nothing has been left out. We appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback on your stay. We hope you'll once again be our guest at La Quinta Inns & Suites.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami Lakes
Hotel Indigo Miami Lakes
#2 of 4 in Miami Lakes
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale / Miramar
TownePlace Suites Miami Lakes
Holiday Inn Express Miami-Hialeah (Miami Lakes)

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Lakes? Share your experiences!