“Nice location”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Lakes
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Miami Lakes
Reviewed January 26, 2013

No muffins for breakfast, breakfast had finished too quick, the elevator was smokey and on the way to our room was smokey. The bed & pillows were especially excellent! Customer service was great! The tv in the breakfast room was great! Free newspaper. Good parking. Friendly staff. Patient front desk employee at check-in.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Ok, you get what you pay for...but this place was nasty. Bed was so cheap - caved in. Linens were thin and scratchy. I was given a handicapped bathroom - no way I could get a good shower. Water pressure was ridiculous. Just a dump.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank pbgvluv
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Very nice hotel. has everything u need! the breakfast was amazing u get to pick it your self but other than anything else i loved the beds! they were comfy and very elegant so i recommend this place!its almost like a palace!

Room Tip: ones with the comfy beds!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Adri n
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Below average facility. The room appeared clean, however, I was awoke mid-night with bugs biting my legs. The next morning, standing at the front door, I watched an extremely large rat at the entrance of the hotel.
Continental breakfast was average. Customer service was below average.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank atjr1
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stayed at this La Quinta for the BCS Game last weekend. I chose it because the price was fair and it was well located. It as 30 minutes from FLL, 20 minutes from South Beach and 20 minutes from Sun Life Stadium. All were easily gotten via the highway located nearby. It is in a nice neighborhood so we felt safe.

Some decent restaurants are located close by - Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza and Cancun Grill were very good. I wished a nice breakfast restaurant was close by.

The a/c in the room was a bit off as I couldn't adjust the temp. So it was cold. The toilet needed a slight adjustment to get it to flush consistently (the chain was too long). And the pool did t appear to be heated. But that makes sense for the hot summers.

If I come this way again, I'll plan on staying here.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Stayed here one night on Jan. 1, 2013 and checked in about 3:00 p.m.. The lobby and parking lot lead you to believe that this hotel is going to be worth the money but it is not. The positive aspects of this hotel were plentiful parking, a beautiful lobby and a helpful front desk clerk at check-in and our room looked and smelled clean. The negatives were a sticky residue on the floor outside the breakfast room, litter always on the elevator floor, the license for the elevator expired last summer, and the door rooms stick so that you have to push hard against it to get it open then they don't close all the way unless you shove up against it. If you walk the corridor in search of the ice machine you will notice that a lot of the doors leading into rooms have not closed all the way. The rooms do not feel welcoming; there are no pictures on the walls, the pillows are flat like pancakes and you can hear every normal sound made in the hallway, the rooms across the hall, and from the rooms above and below you and from the traffic outside. There is absolutely no soundproofing. We arrived for the free breakfast about halfway through the time it is offered and there was only one bagel left that the server took out of the bag with her bare hand (no gloves on) and then she proceeded to bring out coffee stirs holding them in ungloved hands. We decided to spend the money at the bagel place about a block away rather than risk illness from eating here. At check-out when I mentioned my concerns about the improper sanitation practices I witnessed in the breakfast room and the lack of sound proofing the front desk clerk just shrugged however; there was another couple also checking out who nodded in affirmation to my concerns so I know it is not just me being picky. I was so disappointed in this hotel because I really researched my options on Trip Advisor and they have a plaque from Trip Advisor framed on the lobby wall.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank MaxieandLucy
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We've stayed at LQ before at various locations when budget is a concern. We usually choose this chain of hotels when we are looking for a quick stay that serves the purpose of a convenient stop to sleep. Our family stayed at this location for one night between Christmas and NYE when we had a hard time finding other accomodations in the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area. The exterior grounds are very nice, area seems safe and convenient. We had a car so the drive didn't bother us a bit. Were very impressed with the inside corridors as we are familiar that's not usually the case with LQ. Front desk staff was very nice, she provided each guest with a cookie and bottle of water. She also sent a rollaway bed to the room promptly upon request. The room was modern, bright and spacious. We got a king suite with pull-out sofa. Bathroom was very large. 2 tv's and a kitchenette area. Very comfortable bed. My only complaint is the breakfast. It was very crowded, not enough tables to accomodate all the guests and they ran out of a few items and didn't restock. Otherwise, we feel we got a good value and would definitely stay here again if the need arose. All in all, one of the better LQ properties we've experienced.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Hotel Indigo Miami Lakes
Hotel Indigo Miami Lakes
#4 of 4 in Miami Lakes
TownePlace Suites Miami Lakes
Holiday Inn Express Miami-Hialeah (Miami Lakes)
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale / Miramar

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Lakes? Share your experiences!