“Unless I have no where else to stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Lakes

La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Lakes
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Miami Lakes
Tampa, Florida
“Unless I have no where else to stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

We had a last minute change of plans for New Year's Eve and decided to go to Miami Lakes, pretty much every other hotel was booked the 3 nights I needed so we stayed at LaQuinta, the minute we stepped out of the ONLY ONE elevator they have the hallways smelled like a bingo on a Saturday night pure cigarette smoke, when we got to our room didn't smell like cigarette however the carpet was nasty, I took some pictures around the mini fridge and a/c unit, the furniture was chewed all over the corners, there was a dog barking in a room adjacent to ours big deep barks not a small dog. The hotel was booked so I didn't even bother asking for another room, we didn't complaint at all we just ended up checking out a day before and didn't even request a refund. I won't be back to this hotel unless is the only option available in a desperate situation.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I love the location accessible to everything highway, mall , stores etc , the staff are very friendly and helpful that's why we come back to every time , breakfast is great kids love the waffles , and the most important is that the allow my dog and the rooms are super clean love it always a pleasure to stay in La Quinta Miami Lakes :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Clearwater, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

This is not the newest of hotels, but it is worth taking a look at. It is located near I75 and very convenient to the football stadium. The staff is friendly and efficient. But, as is to be expected in Miami, you will hear a lot of spanish. Clean and a good value

• Stayed December 2012
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Stayed here on Wednesday 10th October. Arrived after a long trip south from St Augustine. Iced water and nibbles in the foyer which was most welcome. Receptionist was very friendly and helpful. We had been allocated a suite which was unexpected. This was very nice and spacious.
Hotel was full overnight so breakfast room was crowded but reception said we could eat in the lobby which was fine. Breakfast was OK - plenty of everything. Very pleasant stay indeed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Barcelona, Venezuela
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

For the past 3 years we - wife, son and me - have been using the hotel for pleasure stays and business, for business mainly m self.
We live in Venezuela, but I work for the European Union so we or I uses the hotel for a few days stop over on my way home.
As we have stayed at the hotel many many times my wife is relaxed when she knows I am at La Quinta - Miami Lakes and why is that? Well the front desk staff knows me, so does the cleaning and breakfast staff and for sure as well the managers (Veronika and Fred), therefore my wife knows I will be take good care of! I feel very very at home and any issue - if any - is always fixed immediately without any discussions!
The bonus is the breakfast!! Yes, its simple but sufficient! Love the pancakes! This saves me time and money!
Coming back in December!

Cheers Steen

Room Tip: Upper floors less noise. South side are quieter.