“Third time not the charm” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Direct and Save
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Miami Lakes
“Third time not the charm”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

In the past several months I have stayed at this hotel 3 times. The staff has been friendly and openly appreciative of the business. My issue of dissatisfaction has been with the hotel itself. In two of my three visits I experienced a hotel "kiss of death" which for me is a room that will not cool and a shower that will not heat. At Hotel Indigo it appears the quality of your visit is very much tied to the luck of your room draw. My second visit was completely without incident and actually caused me to bring family on my third attempt. In my third, and what will be my final, visit the lack of creature comforts was compounded by a large group of noisy guest drinking and partying in the parking lot. I had not experienced anything like this on my other two visits and their rowdy presence made for an uneasy passage to our room. The remains of the "parking lot party" also made for and an unpleasant morning exit picking our way through beer cans and broken bottles. At the end of the day no amount of friendly staff can overcome a hot sleep, a cold shower and a concern for family security. Thank you for the friendly staff and best wishes on correcting the facility issues you are experiencing.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank gib3
JFerbeyre, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Miami Lakes, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
gib3 - We are very sorry to hear about your recent experience at Hotel Indigo Miami Lakes. We have made some recent enhancements to our heating and cooling systems and should not have affected your guest experience. We obviously failed in this effort and are truly sorry. We also acknowledge an issue with a guest attempting to have a large party in their room and we were able to disburse them but unfortunately not before it disturbed some of our guests. Our wish is to go back and change your experience but know we can only move forward. We are committed to providing our guests a great hotel guest love and hope you would reconsider giving us another opportunity to turn this experience around. Thank you for your time.

Safe travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Free parking. The customer service is top-notch. The hotel is setup in a way that it looks almost like a villa...with lots of lush greeneries in between. I had a standard room (no microwave, no fridge) but it looks almost like a small suite and the decor is pretty. It's right next to a golf course so the view there is pretty nice. If you didn't qualify for the free breakfast rate, the food is a little pricey for the amount given. There's a CVS and Publix very close by. But, depending on which direction you are coming from, you might get a hard time going in/out of the parking lot when it's rush hour since the entrance is on Miami Lakes Drive. Also, my bathroom had ants...not too sure what's going on there but I assume it's due the abundant plants around the hotel. This hotel is about 30 minutes away from Miami beach. Overall, I like this place! Once again, the customer service is amazing.

Room Tip: For $10 more you can get a room that looks out to the golf course for better scenery
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
C N - The staff at Hotel Indigo Miami Lakes is very appreciative of the wonderful comments regarding the service you were provided. They are very committed to giving our guests their best and love to hear the efforts acknowledged by our guests. We appreciate your time and look forward to your next visit.

Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

The location is great. It is right next to a Shula's steakhouse which is my favorite steakhouse. The Shula's in tampa is in an Intercontinental Hotel which is VERY nice so I assumed this would be just as luxurious. Not so much. The rooms were very "Miami". Very bright colors and ultra modern sheik. Our room had a musty smell it it. Kind of like it used to be a smoking room. Toilet did not flush unless you hold the handle down. Room was VERY humid and moist the entire stay....which made our clothes moist too. Out last night stay was interrupted by saws and drilling in the adjacent room at 8a.m. The night before we were awoken by the unnecessarily loud talking between the spanish house keepers.

Over all, the hotel was nice. I probably wont stay again. Was just too loud.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
Dcarr777- Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay at Hotel Indigo Miami Lakes. We are very sorry to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations and are disappointed you encountered some challenges during your stay. We hope that in the future you will give us another opportunity to turn this experience around.

Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Great Stay..... Friendly Staff. I have stayed at this facility several times during the past year for work. I was not at all disappointed. HSIA was dependable. I enjoy staying at this property when in the area for work.

Room Tip: The Suites are spacious and comfortable!!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
JFerbeyre, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Miami Lakes, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Sparky575 - Thank you for your continued loyalty. We are very happy to continue to provide you a great experience and are committed to exceeding your expectations on every stay. Thank you again and we appreciate you taking the time to post your review.

Lake Charles, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Our professional association met in October 2012 in Miami Lakes, FL and the Hotel Indigo was our hotel site. Rooms were bright and clean, very comfortable. The hospitality of the staff, especially Guest Service Manager Chris Conte, was superb! The Indigo restaurant provided a good place for breakfast and evening relaxation. We were disappointed that the adjoining restaurant was unexpectedly closed on Sunday afternoon.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
JFerbeyre, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Miami Lakes, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Kathleen B- on behalf of the entire Hotel Indigo Miami Lakes team, we thank you for choosing us as your host hotel. It was truly our pleasure to serve you all as we could not have asked for a nicer group to have stay with us. We are very appreciative of your review and look forward to hosting your group again in the near future.

Port Orange, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

The hotel has a shuttle that will take you within a mile of the hotel. The little bar/restaurant is convenient too. Looks like a good business traveler's hotel; but I don't think I'd use it again as my Miami vacation location. Had to take a taxi everywhere we went.

Room Tip: FYI, the pool isn't heated. If you are used to heated pools, you may be unpleasantly suprised.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
David P -Thank you for staying at Hotel Indigo Miami Lakes and for sharing your review. We hope you enjoyed your vacation in Miami and we look forward to the next opportunity to serve you.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I was put up in Hotel Indigo by my company for a business trip. The first room they gave me had a broken balcony door ( it didn't lock), was damp and smelled of mold. The staff upgraded me to a suite. I woke up covered in bug bites. I stripped the covers off and found bed bugs all over the mattress! The upholstery was filthy in both rooms, as well as damp. I actually left the room to sleep in my car in the parking lot. My coworkers experienced similar problems, including copious amounts of hair on the floors and in the bed. This place needs to be bulldozed. It's disgusting. The only thing I will say was the desk staff was nice. However, that cannot make up for the ants in the bathroom or the fact that I had to treat all my luggage and work clothes with insecticide for fear of bringing bed bugs home with me.

• Stayed October 2012
4 Thank MandiLeo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Miami Lakes, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear MandiLeo,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are sincerely concerned when situations like these occur and would like to investigate further. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional information about your experience.

Myrna M
Courtyard Miami Lakes
#3 of 4 in Miami Lakes
4.0 of 5 stars 181 reviews
La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Lakes
Holiday Inn Express Miami-Hialeah (Miami Lakes)
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale / Miramar
TownePlace Suites Miami Lakes

Been to Hotel Indigo Miami Lakes? Share your experiences!