New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Miami Lakes
Bratislava, Slovakia
“Great location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

The hotel is situated in a small golf community. It was a little bit difficult to find the main entrance, as it is situated in a shopping lane, between shops, missing a bigger sign. The check in staff was great and helpful. The rooms are a little bit dated, but were clean and big enough. The only trouble was a lauder AC in the room, but with earplugs it worked. The bar was nice, good drinks, but for a european guest it was freezing, and therefore not comfortable. We did not try the breakfast, but it looked ok from passing by. As travelling with a baby, we did not want to stay in a party hotel at the sea, and this was a perfect alternative for us.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Aquabella74
JFerbeyre, Manager at Shula's Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, January 4, 2011
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We consider oursleves the hidden gem of Miami and do apologize for the difficulty in finding us. We were glad to hear that our serene setting was one that worked well for you and your family. We will be sure to share your comments with our team here at Shula's and we hope you have a safe trip back home to Slovakia.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Turkish first
Vero Beach, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2010

This place always has a charming small town feel and is a nice respite from the crazy city that surrounds. Employees are all helpful and the restaurant has good food, though breakfast is a little over priced. Can walk to anywhere!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank carmened
We consider our location in the heart of Miami Lakes an urban oasis far enough from the busy city but still close enough to enjoy should you desire. Thank you for providing us with your comments We will be sure to share your comments with our team and look forward to having you as our guest again real soon.
Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2010

Don Shula's Hotel was just what the doctor ordered. We got a pretty good rate by calling directly to the Hotel. They also included two breakfast vouchers for us, so that made it a good value.
My wife and I have stayed here before, we stay here at least once or twice a year.
We really did enjoyed our stay this time around, we did not have any
problems what so ever. The hotel is well kept and the staff was
really good to us. Our room was very nice and comfy too.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank crud_bud
JFerbeyre, Manager at Shula's Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, November 7, 2010
Thank you for posting your review of Shula's Hotel & Golf Club. We always enjoy hearing from our guests regarding their experiences. We are very proud of our team here at Shula's and we will be sure to share your comments with our them. Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit.
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2010

We stayed there so we could go to a Miami Dolphin game for Monday night football. Apparently we weren't the only ones because the lobby was full of football fans. The lobby and room were clean, but a bit dated. There were chips in the furniture and nicks here in there, but overall it was pleasant. Our room opened up to the pool which was awesome for a late night swim. The hotel bar was packed and with happy hour the drink deals were too good to pass up. The ladies at the front desk were very courteous and helpful. The hotel is situated close to the airport, but we couldn't hear any of the planes in the room.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank deew76
JFerbeyre, Manager at Shula's Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, November 1, 2010
Football season is a great time to be had here at Shula's. We enjoy the energy that Miami Dolphin and U of M Hurricanes home games bring and there is no better place to experience that energy than Shula's. We thank you for sharing your experience with us and we hope to see you back at Shula's again real soon. Go Dolphins!!!
san diego
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

Booked this trip thru hotelguide.com and was never informed that I would not be able to have the room until 7PM until I arrived after driving 3 1/2 hours to attend the University of Miami game. Obviously getting room that late I was frustrated along with many others since we were only offered to use their athletic club across the street. My idea is not showering or getting ready in a public place when I should have a room. They gave me a $5 gift certificate to used at Shula's steak house (what a joke since steaks are around $30+ and a drink certificate (they were out of the wine I wanted to I had to upgrade to the next wine and pay the difference since the certificate was only good for $10). What horrible customer service.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
JFerbeyre, Manager at Shula's Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, October 13, 2010
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We apologize for the 7pm check -in and the lack of options offered to you. We have shared this with our team and we are committed to preventing such an occurence from repeating itself. We hope you had a great time at the game and hope that you will afford us another opportunity in the future to turn your experience around.

Travelers are raving about these Miami Lakes hotels

Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2010

September 6, 2010

Don Shula's Hotel & Golf Club
6842 Main Street
Hialeah, FL 33014-2097

To Whom It May Concern:

I stayed in the Don Shula hotel and Golf Club in Miami Lakes, Florida on September 5, 2010 and checked out September 6, 2010. I booked the hotel over the phone and thought I had secured a great price of $89 per night, plus tax. But when I checked out, my bill was $70.57 higher than I expected. I advised Joanne at check out that I had already paid for the room the night before – paying $80.00 cash and $20.51 on my card plus a $50.00 holding fee. I advised that all I needed was a receipt because again, the room was paid for, but my credit card was charged anyway.
When I called and advised Joanne of the error, there was no apology and I was blown off and told that it would refunded after the “holiday”.

Another incident that occurred was in the dining hall at 9:30 am, me and my guest sat down and waited to order and sat there for 40 minutes. I had to get up and call who I thought was a manager-Ronnie and ask why were we not waited on when people who arrived after us had been waited on and served. Now I am not the one to play the race game but it made me feel as if we sat there because we were women of color. Because of this ordeal, me and my guest decided to leave your hotel which is why we checked out the next day (September 6,2010) and find another for the duration of our stay.

This was my first time staying at the Don Shula Hotel and Golf Club and I thought that it would be impeccable service because of the referrals that I got and it was not, I am displeased to say the least and will let all of my friends/colleagues know about this experience. This kind of behavior is unacceptable. Please know that we
will not be staying in the Don Shula hotel and Golf Club the future

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank psarge1
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We have reviewed your comments with our staff and revisited the service points mentioned. We are disappointed when we do not meet our guests' expectations but always strive to improve after receiving such feedback. We do hope another opportunity to turn your experience around is a possibility.

Thanks again for sharing
Tampa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2010

We came to Miami for our family vacation and wanted so bad to stay on the beach. Well, we stay at the BW on the beach for only one night, it was the worse experience every! I contacted the Don Shula and asked for a room for the rest of our vacation and without question they made it happen! It was the best stay I've every had. The staff and the hotel was great!!! I travel alot for work and when I'm in the Miami area, I will always stay at the Don Shula! See you next year when we return!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank cacolemanjohnson
Thank you for sharing your experience. I will be sure to share your comments with our team and we hope to have you as our guest again real soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami Lakes
Courtyard Miami Lakes
#3 of 4 in Miami Lakes
4.0 of 5 stars 185 reviews
La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Lakes
Holiday Inn Express Miami-Hialeah (Miami Lakes)
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale / Miramar
Holiday Inn Miami West - Hialeah Gardens

Been to Shula's Hotel & Golf Club? Share your experiences!